Who are the best kickers in TN

Jordan Rion from Page Baby!

Michael Hammons a junior from Polk county and is a great kicker/Punter.

Currently 27 for 30 in pats thur 8 games. Has field goals from 46, 43 and 31. Practice before game he kicks up to 50 yards and can one step 40 yard field goals and is fully capable of hitting them. His kickoffs are averaging 56 yards including puch kicks thru 42 total kickoffs. Many thru the endzone. Average kickoff hang time is 3.72 sec. He kicks from a one inch tee and also from the ground.

Punt average was 39.5 before he pulled muscle in the third game but since has been back in action. Well capable of hitting 60 yard punts with 4.5 hang time. Watch him in pregame and you will see. Highly ranked and has another season left to kick. Good punter kicker combination. One of the best in the 3a region.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off I would like to say this is a great web site being I am new to the the area.

Keep up the great work on here. Now on to the topic at hand.

Though I have no youngman of my own playing high school sports anymore I find myself still attending area games on Friday nights and I have seen several area players who can be considered pretty darn good. As for kicking I have seen the young man from Harriman in several of this seasons games and he is pretty darn good. From fans in the stands at Harrimans games they say he does not get the playing time he deserves other then kick off and punting he can run the ball. I have seen him kick in practice and in games and he is capable and does lay em down in the endzone and he has great air and hang time on his kicks.I would be willing to say he will be kicking somewhere on Saturdays in a few years. I understand he is a junior this year so he still has another season to improve even more.

Congrats to all the area high schools football teams you all have played with alot of heart and fight this season be proud of yourself and your team.

sorry about that...hes a junior, not a sophomore

I have to give my props to Sam Shelton from Creekwood. He has been real productive this year for the redhawks. Not only has he increased his accuracy , he also broke the record for longest field goal in Dicson Co. history with a 49 yarder which was held by Creekwoods coach Daniel. Keep up the good work Sammy!!!