Who are the best kickers in TN

If you are discussing all classes, Memphis Ridgeway's Josh Jasper ( the reigning Mr. Football Kicker and LSU committ ) is a pretty safe bet. He only needs 6 more field goals to break the all time state record. He is also on track to break the state PAT record, I think he needs less than 20 for that, and with the pace that Aaron Crawford is scoring TD's ( 5 last Friday ) I would say he is a good bet to break both of those.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he missed a chip shot friday a 29 yarder or somethin from the 8 and missed it as time expired wouldve won the game

NOT MAKING EXCUSES FOR HIM, BUT IF YOU HAD SEEN THE GAME YOU WOULD REALIZE THAT HE RETURN THE KICKOFF ON SPECIAL TEAMS BY ADMSVILLE BACK TO THE 20 3 PLAYS EARLIER AND WENT DOWN WITH CRAMPS IN BOTH LEGS. THEN HE HAD TO COME AND TRY THE FIELD GOAL THAT HIT THE UPRIGHT 3/4 THE WAY UP. TOUGH KICK FOR SOMEONE WITH CRAMPS.

The kid from Oliver Springs is junior Jake Johnson. Against SCott High in week two he put two kickoffs not into the end zone but through the end zone on the fly. Last year against Kingston he hit a 53-yard field goal and the ball was still above the top of the goal post when it went through. My guess is that it had another 10 or so yards to it. The coach has said he wouldn't be afraid to use him as soon as they hit midfield which would be a 67-yard attempt.

watertown has a sophmore kicker that beat a senior out of his spot. He has a strong leg and decent accuracy. He was also kickin forty-five yarders in practice and had a few that would have hit from fifty. :thumb:

the Hammons kid from Polk County is a very good kicker/punter. Can kick from 50 Plus yards with accuracy. His kickoffs are high and go down to the goal line or thru the back of the end zone. I was watching him punting 60 yard bombs in pregame. He is just a junior and will only get better next year.