Henry County at Dickson County

wingman

Ok, let's get some things straight. This is in response to several people, so please read. I have read my post several times, and I am not going to apologize for someone putting words into my mouth (or post as it may be).

I said that HC offense had to produce more than 7 points...I still think that. They can't expect our defense to hold teams to 6 points or less every game or "bail" them out....so that means that have to put up more than 7 points. Simple enough.

I said that "Calvin has to play up to his potential"...I still think that also. I never said or implied that he wasn't playing good. He is, but I think he is better than good. And I dont think we have seen the best of him, and I mean that as a compliment. When I said he has to play up to his potential, I meant that IN THE FUTURE, for HC to have the kinda season we all are hoping for Calvin HAS to play up to his potential. I DIDNT say he has to START playing up to his potential. He is the senior QB, he is the leader.

And then I even went as far as try and clarify my self and say I AM NOT BLAMING HIM just so someone would not try and create some drama from what I said, and you have the nerve to say I am pointing fingers and blaming. Do you only read the first half of posts? And as far as the coaching from the stands junk, I believe I was one fo the ones who stood up for the coaches when they were threw under the bus on the other thread. I have never got on here and said "I woulda done this" or "they shoulda done that". So that is just ridiculous.

This is a message board, a place where people come to exchange and discuss opinions. I don't intend on running away like others, but niether will I write a novel everytime I post just so someone can't twist and turn what I say to create the drama you have created. If you think I have posted something wrong, ask me about it before you post some foolish response.

I am a HC fan, I'm sticking around. You're picking a fight with the wrong side.

You are a bit combative and defensive my friend but your point was fairly well made my "King of Clarification"!

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Morning all out there in Big Red land! We are but a day away from the big game in which HC defends the keeping of the barrel. RedPride is getting nervous, and that is a good sign. Wingman is confident, that's good too. Yanker is "proudful and spoutful" which is also good. Practices have been good this week and the Patriots are ready to taste victory. Its all adding up to be a great game. I can't wait!!!

Mr.Yanker from what i've read you seem to think jcm "owns" HC. well considering that jcm has yet to play a regular season game and in the preaseason they lost to milan, ya'll might be in for a rude awakening week 8 when you come to Patriot Stadium. Now you might want to watch them play before you make a prediction.But, until that week gets here there is no sense in talking about it.

Mr. YANKER.....that has an interesting and respectful sound to it...thank you my "WAO-Ful" wonder. After you brought up the JCM-HC game with your "Rude Awakening" comment, then you say there's no sense talking about it. You apparently do not know the YANKER. JCM-Milan in a jamboree means NOTHING!!!!! HC- Haywood in a jamboree means NOTHING!!!!! My mind is on Germantown right now but SINCE YOU BROUGHT IT UP...JCM does OWN HC...thanks for reminding the YANKER...and we always will. In case you do not realize what just happened...the YANKER has spoken!!!!!!!!!

I'm a HCHS alum now living in the Memphis area. I've enjoyed getting on here and being able to keep up with what's going on with the Pats. By the way, Ridgeway is held in very high esteem here in Memphis - and even though it was a loss, better to start off playing the best competition and being more prepared when districts start. Around here, you see a lot of "cupcake" games week 0 and week 1.

I've got to ask, is it just me, but when you put a voice with Yanker as you are reading his posts, do you imagine that little Martian guy that used to make guest appearances on The Flintstones? That or Dr. Smith from "Lost in Space". He's playing mind games with ya'll - Don't let him in! :thumb:

Thanks Foozeball. I hope you are right. It is a scary game. DC plays tough, and from what I understand looks really good this year.

There you go my "Too Thankful- Enemy Loving-Ever Hopeful-Much Scarified-Often Apologetic-Persoanilty Ridden" wonder. You may be beyond the YANKER's help but I will continue to try.

I'm a HCHS alum now living in the Memphis area. I've enjoyed getting on here and being able to keep up with what's going on with the Pats. By the way, Ridgeway is held in very high esteem here in Memphis - and even though it was a loss, better to start off playing the best competition and being more prepared when districts start. Around here, you see a lot of "cupcake" games week 0 and week 1.

I've got to ask, is it just me, but when you put a voice with Yanker as you are reading his posts, do you imagine that little Martian guy that used to make guest appearances on The Flintstones? That or Dr. Smith from "Lost in Space". He's playing mind games with ya'll - Don't let him in! :thumb:

Do you live in the Germantown area or have you seen them this preseason? You are correct about one thing my "Cupcaking Friend From the West", when one compares the INTELLECT of the YANKER to others posting on here, the YANKER is in a different and HIGHER Galaxy!!!!!

Welcome back sba!!! I wondered when we would hear from you again. I like your analogy of the Yanker to voice of "Dr. Smith" from Lost in Space. Very fitting!!!

HC played their hearts out and never gave up last week. If they do that again, a victory will come against Dickson this week. Even though Dickson is always tough and a formidable foe in this rivalry, they are no Ridgeway!

We love the Yanker. We have tried to adopt him, but he chooses to remain in Jackson. He does have an ununsual fascination with history, though.

There you go my "Too Thankful- Enemy Loving-Ever Hopeful-Much Scarified-Often Apologetic-Persoanilty Ridden" wonder. You may be beyond the YANKER's help but I will continue to try.

I'm just a good person (or people). You would like me. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

Ok, let's get some things straight. This is in response to several people, so please read. I have read my post several times, and I am not going to apologize for someone putting words into my mouth (or post as it may be).

I said that HC offense had to produce more than 7 points...I still think that. They can't expect our defense to hold teams to 6 points or less every game or "bail" them out....so that means that have to put up more than 7 points. Simple enough.

I said that "Calvin has to play up to his potential"...I still think that also. I never said or implied that he wasn't playing good. He is, but I think he is better than good. And I dont think we have seen the best of him, and I mean that as a compliment. When I said he has to play up to his potential, I meant that IN THE FUTURE, for HC to have the kinda season we all are hoping for Calvin HAS to play up to his potential. I DIDNT say he has to START playing up to his potential. He is the senior QB, he is the leader.

And then I even went as far as try and clarify my self and say I AM NOT BLAMING HIM just so someone would not try and create some drama from what I said, and you have the nerve to say I am pointing fingers and blaming. Do you only read the first half of posts? And as far as the coaching from the stands junk, I believe I was one fo the ones who stood up for the coaches when they were threw under the bus on the other thread. I have never got on here and said "I woulda done this" or "they shoulda done that". So that is just ridiculous.

This is a message board, a place where people come to exchange and discuss opinions. I don't intend on running away like others, but niether will I write a novel everytime I post just so someone can't twist and turn what I say to create the drama you have created. If you think I have posted something wrong, ask me about it before you post some foolish response.

I am a HC fan, I'm sticking around. You're picking a fight with the wrong side.

Thank you for the clarification, now please allow me to clarify, I was not trying to cause drama, I was not trying to run you off, as you said it is a message board and I gave my opinion as you did, my suggestion to all posters is when you post on a message board, be prepared for response of all kinds especially when what you type can be interpretted in many way. That is the problem with text, just look at the bible and all of the misinterpretations it has.

The way I took your post is like this

Even if the offense scores 3 more touchdowns, which would have been 28 points ( which I will agree needs to score more points) we win. sounds kinda like that statement about the 90 yard run)if you can take away a 90 lyard run, ha ha, I can add 40 touchdowns, because we are now in the hypothetical. As for McNairl, since you mentioned it after talkking about our offense it came across to me that you may think he is not playing up to potential. He played a heck of a game on Friday night against a team that has a pretty stingy defense.

Welcome back sba!!! I wondered when we would hear from you again. I like your analogy of the Yanker to voice of "Dr. Smith" from Lost in Space. Very fitting!!!

HC played their hearts out and never gave up last week. If they do that again, a victory will come against Dickson this week. Even though Dickson is always tough and a formidable foe in this rivalry, they are no Ridgeway!

Remember back in your school days when that guy who was so much smarter than the rest of made you feel inferior and threatened, so you all made fun of him?That's what's happening here and the YANKER understands your uneasiness with trying to deal with me. NONE of you can successfully match wits with me and in an effort to make you feel better about yourselves, you revert back to immature actions. The YANKER is used to this tactic and is totally UNAFFECTED by your immaturity. Good luck against DC and while they may be no Ridgeway this year, their tradition and HISTORY is something you cannot ignore because it is VASTLY superior to that of HC.

Yanker reminds me of ALF

Remember back in your school days when that guy who was so much smarter than the rest of made you feel inferior and threatened, so you all made fun of him?That's what's happening here and the YANKER understands your uneasiness with trying to deal with me. NONE of you can successfully match wits with me and in an effort to make you feel better about yourselves, you revert back to immature actions. The YANKER is used to this tactic and is totally UNAFFECTED by your immaturity. Good luck against DC and while they may be no Ridgeway this year, their tradition and HISTORY is something you cannot ignore because it is VASTLY superior to that of HC.

This sounds as if you are signing off for the week. What about your prediction?