Henry County at Dickson County

wingman

Guest Redpridepersonified

We lost for three reasons: They outplayed us, they scored more points than we did, and My Advice was in the stands instead of on the sidelines coaching. We went 2 and 8 during Gaddis's first year. Everyone was happy because we could finally play with the big boys. He took a team that was so far down we had to scrape them off the bottom of our shoes. Last year, we went 7 and 5 and everyone was happy because we went to the second round of the play-offs. This year, some of you think we are supposed to win state. It takes more than three years to rebuild a program. The season has only begun. I know Gaddis. He doesn't want to be in anyone's back pocket. My Advice, my advice to you is to call Gaddis, tell him how to coach (to his face), and quit running your mouth until you prove yourself in his position. I am sorry you are not "conviced." Usually, if you score 22 points, you can win the game. Doesn't sound like play calling was the biggest problem to me.

Well said!

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying Gaddis and the boys aren't good coaches, but I can see from the stands that they need to expand their play book and play calling. You run all the way down the field for the most part, then try pass in the red zone where the defense gets to tighten up on you. I don't see enough mix. Gaddis might have you guys in his back pocket, but I'm NOT conviced! I am glad someone told me about this website though.

Since Gaddis works for HCBOE and I am a taxpayer, without a doubt he is in my back pocket and not I in his! :ph34r:

Ugh! Not what I expected on Defense at all!!! But DC wins the prize, so congratulations to them. RedPride, you put it very well in your earlier post on why we lost. One thing I am very proud of is that they never gave up hope. And nearly pulled it off despite the stands emptying in the 4th quarter.

To say it again, we have to put this behind us now. The real deal starts this week with Region play. Remember, JCM started off last year in a similar fashion at 0-2. We are a better team than what was displayed last week, now it is time for us to prove it.

We lost for three reasons: They outplayed us, they scored more points than we did, and My Advice was in the stands instead of on the sidelines coaching. We went 2 and 8 during Gaddis's first year. Everyone was happy because we could finally play with the big boys. He took a team that was so far down we had to scrape them off the bottom of our shoes. Last year, we went 7 and 5 and everyone was happy because we went to the second round of the play-offs. This year, some of you think we are supposed to win state. It takes more than three years to rebuild a program. The season has only begun. I know Gaddis. He doesn't want to be in anyone's back pocket. My Advice, my advice to you is to call Gaddis, tell him how to coach (to his face), and quit running your mouth until you prove yourself in his position. I am sorry you are not "conviced." Usually, if you score 22 points, you can win the game. Doesn't sound like play calling was the biggest problem to me.

Well, here we go again! HC loses and the critics start tearing down the coaches. Soon they will tearing down the players. Myadvice and the Aartzyblonde need to keep it up!!! After watching my Cougars Friday night HC doesn't concerm me as much as they once did. Between our DEFENSE and your critics, my concern has lessened quite a bit. The YANKER thinks JCM will be playing for the region title at the ROCK this week against Brighton. The YANKER thinks the self destruction of HC is underway. The YANKER could save you it it were my top priority but unfortunately for all of you, it is not.

Well, here we go again! HC loses and the critics start tearing down the coaches. Soon they will tearing down the players. Myadvice and the Aartzyblonde need to keep it up!!! After watching my Cougars Friday night HC doesn't concerm me as much as they once did. Between our DEFENSE and your critics, my concern has lessened quite a bit. The YANKER thinks JCM will be playing for the region title at the ROCK this week against Brighton. The YANKER thinks the self destruction of HC is underway. The YANKER could save you it it were my top priority but unfortunately for all of you, it is not.

Sorry about the loss, Yanker, but sounds like a great game to watch. Am I understanding that you believe Brighton to be second in the region? And who have they played? I would think that strength of schedule would count for someone as intelligent as you. As you can tell, I get pretty fired up. No apologies this week. Too many jerks in the stands.

The HC squad came out in the second half and did what they needed to do to put themselves in a position to win the ball game. This includes the coaching staff by the way, however, the fact remains that we left an opportunity to win the game on the field.

The talk about who is in who's pocket is stupid, so let's stop that now, please. There are some legitimate questions to be asked and are warranted, like the reasoning for not using our timeouts (I stand corrected from my earlier post, there were only two remaining, despite the scoreboard, because we used one earlier in the half that I forgot about along with the officials) to get our team organized (under a minute to go) and to get the ball in the endzone.

As for the earlier discussions, I am not a coach, but I also feel you don't have to be Vince Lombardi to acknowledge that with under a minute to go with 40 yards to go and 2 timeouts, that instead of running 20 seconds off of the clock to get a play in from the sideline it might be a good idea to take a TO.

Now, the positive from all of this is that there is no quit in our kids which will bode well for us as we enter into divisional play. Agree with the coaching/play calling or not, in my opinion it is kind of like voting, if you don't show up at the polls you don't have a right to complain, so if you don't show up on Friday night same goes for you. Let's get out, support our players as they begin a march to the playoffs against McNairy this week.

Guest Redpridepersonified

Sorry about the loss, Yanker, but sounds like a great game to watch. Am I understanding that you believe Brighton to be second in the region? And who have they played? I would think that strength of schedule would count for someone as intelligent as you. As you can tell, I get pretty fired up. No apologies this week. Too many jerks in the stands.

Amen a friend of mine went to the bathroom at half time and said all the coaches were in the bathroom! I do not understand the mentality of fans? Yanker give us a quick synopsis of the JCM game.

Edited by Redpridepersonified

Ugh! Not what I expected on Defense at all!!! But DC wins the prize, so congratulations to them. RedPride, you put it very well in your earlier post on why we lost. One thing I am very proud of is that they never gave up hope. And nearly pulled it off despite the stands emptying in the 4th quarter.

To say it again, we have to put this behind us now. The real deal starts this week with Region play. Remember, JCM started off last year in a similar fashion at 0-2. We are a better team than what was displayed last week, now it is time for us to prove it.

After seeing JCM in person, the YANKER wants to advise my young Cephus that the 0-2 start that JCM had a year ago and the 0-2 start that HC has had this year, is the ONLY similarity between the two teams. The YANKER may be the only person who has seen both teams and there is NO comparison! The YANKER has spoken!!!!!!!!!

Amen a friend of mine went to the bathroom at half time and said all the coaches were in the bathroom! I do not understand the mentality of fans? Yanker give us a quick synopsis of the JCM game.

You know....coaches make mistakes. I am sure the Urinal Staff has never made a mistake on any of their jobs. However, when your livelihood is in the hands of sixteen year olds, things don't always go as planned. Perhaps the play at the end was or was not the one sent in. I am beginning to think Yanker has a point. Our coaches will never give up. They know that being criticized is part of the job. The kids are another story, however; if the U.S. keeps tearing them down, they might give up on themselves. Way to go, Wannabes.