Henry County at Dickson County

wingman

Sorry about the loss, Yanker, but sounds like a great game to watch. Am I understanding that you believe Brighton to be second in the region? And who have they played? I would think that strength of schedule would count for someone as intelligent as you. As you can tell, I get pretty fired up. No apologies this week. Too many jerks in the stands.

Those "jerks", as you refer to them, will be friends to the rest of the region. Brighton can match up better with us than HC can when it comes to speed, talent, and athletes. They are rolling and HC is reeling. Brighton's fans are excited while your fans are complaining and leaving early. Maybe your fans are not as good as the YANKER thought. Brighton has not played the tough teams that HC has played but they are scoring a lot of points and have great athletes. They worry me more than HC does at this point. I do hope HC wins this week but I think your desruction has begun. Our great defense is too much for HC but the YANKER is worried about Brighton since they have more athletes than HC and it is so early in the season. I know you do not want to hear this my "Strong Scheduling-Recognizer of Intelligence-Fiery Talking-Non Apologetic-Jerk Seeking" friend, but this is what the YANKER thinks.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those "jerks", as you refer to them, will be friends to the rest of the region. Brighton can match up better with us than HC can when it comes to speed, talent, and athletes. They are rolling and HC is reeling. Brighton's fans are excited while your fans are complaining and leaving early. Maybe your fans are not as good as the YANKER thought. Brighton has not played the tough teams that HC has played but they are scoring a lot of points and have great athletes. They worry me more than HC does at this point. I do hope HC wins this week but I think your desruction has begun. Our great defense is too much for HC but the YANKER is worried about Brighton since they have more athletes than HC and it is so early in the season. I know you do not want to hear this my "Strong Scheduling-Recognizer of Intelligence-Fiery Talking-Non Apologetic-Jerk Seeking" friend, but this is what the YANKER thinks.

Have you actually seen Brighton play? These lots of points were against what team? Have they played anyone the caliber of Ridgeway or DC? Our "fans" are just smarter than everyone else's. Just ask them if you don't believe me. It does sound as if you have an amazing defense at JCM, but don't you have to score points to win?

Amen a friend of mine went to the bathroom at half time and said all the coaches were in the bathroom! I do not understand the mentality of fans? Yanker give us a quick synopsis of the JCM game.

The YANKER will admit that the Germantown offense is not great but it is solid. The JCM offense has a long way to go. There are no Borner like runners out there. We are going to throw the ball a little more this year. Our defense is GREAT and we will HURT some people this year. There were more BIG HITS in our game than you usually see in a first game. Neither team came close to scoring very often, but to their credit, when they did, they came through. JCM players AND fans are disappointed, but still happy and supportive...apparently more than you can say up there at HC.

The HC squad came out in the second half and did what they needed to do to put themselves in a position to win the ball game. This includes the coaching staff by the way, however, the fact remains that we left an opportunity to win the game on the field.

The talk about who is in who's pocket is stupid, so let's stop that now, please. There are some legitimate questions to be asked and are warranted, like the reasoning for not using our timeouts (I stand corrected from my earlier post, there were only two remaining, despite the scoreboard, because we used one earlier in the half that I forgot about along with the officials) to get our team organized (under a minute to go) and to get the ball in the endzone.

As for the earlier discussions, I am not a coach, but I also feel you don't have to be Vince Lombardi to acknowledge that with under a minute to go with 40 yards to go and 2 timeouts, that instead of running 20 seconds off of the clock to get a play in from the sideline it might be a good idea to take a TO.

Now, the positive from all of this is that there is no quit in our kids which will bode well for us as we enter into divisional play. Agree with the coaching/play calling or not, in my opinion it is kind of like voting, if you don't show up at the polls you don't have a right to complain, so if you don't show up on Friday night same goes for you. Let's get out, support our players as they begin a march to the playoffs against McNairy this week.

I heard the whining and complaining about the time outs the other night, and two time outs are condsidered two clock stoppages, If coach Gaddis lilstened to you the fan and called a time out with say 1 minute left and then another one after that play with 52 seconds left we still have an issue with the clock running and no way to stop it without wasting a play, Now if Coach Gaddis calls a TO with say 8 seconds left then another one with 2 seconds, we have basically ran the same number of plays and the only difference being that the head coach made the decision of when the time outs were used and not you.

Yanker tell us about the offensie of JCM, we understand that their defense is special but they seem to be struggling to score. I can assume that Germantown had asolid defense but did JCM threaten to score.

As for the Region title, I feel as if it will be decided on september 15th when we play Brighton. THey are putting up some points, I am sure that JCM will slow them down quite a bit but JCM has got to get in the endzone.

Have you actually seen Brighton play? These lots of points were against what team? Have they played anyone the caliber of Ridgeway or DC? Our "fans" are just smarter than everyone else's. Just ask them if you don't believe me. It does sound as if you have an amazing defense at JCM, but don't you have to score points to win?

I am saying that the YANKER is probably the ONLY one who has seen JCM and HC play this year. I have only heard about Brighton but I remember them from a year ago and they have great talent coming back. They have beaten a couple of weak Memphis teams and scored a lot of points. They have not played anyone like Ridgeway or Dickson County. Yes, our defense is great and as great as it is, we lost due to not much offense. Brighton can score better than JCM so the YANKER is worried. Brighton is 2-0 and HC is 0-2 with dissension. Brighton concerns the YANKER more than HC because of all of that.

Well, here we go again! HC loses and the critics start tearing down the coaches. Soon they will tearing down the players. Myadvice and the Aartzyblonde need to keep it up!!! After watching my Cougars Friday night HC doesn't concerm me as much as they once did. Between our DEFENSE and your critics, my concern has lessened quite a bit. The YANKER thinks JCM will be playing for the region title at the ROCK this week against Brighton. The YANKER thinks the self destruction of HC is underway. The YANKER could save you it it were my top priority but unfortunately for all of you, it is not.

Oh Professor Yanker, ArtzzyBlonde (<and by the way that's a spelling correction to you) has not yet commented on this game! FYI She has been Too Busy taking care of #77 that done a head on collision toward the end of the 3rd quarter while doing a *Tackle*. This resulted in a Grade 3 cuncussion & for those that didn't pay attention #77 continued to play till the last 4 mins. of the 4th quarter & made a few more Tackles & so did other players as well! For those that want to talk about our D-line? All I have to say is that (he WASN'T Player of the week or whatever) he had no idea of who he was, where he was, who his fellow players were, couldn't read his wrist band nor could he see the coaches on the side line, BUT he continued to PLAY with all his Heart (just like the rest of the guys) & STILL MADE TACKLES! NONE of them gave up and from the cheers & cows bells the fans DIDN'T either! The 1st half D-line was different than the 2nd half D-line & for those that were there if you noticed it started comming ALIVE at the end. But sadly just a little too late. NOW, if you needed proof that the talk after the Ridgeway game didn't tear our team apart, you should have been in the HC E.R. Fri. night while #77 was in the E.R. these guys came straight from the bus to the hospital concerned about their fellow teammate & "brother". These guys were wore out but stayed while #77 was getting his CatScan & was there till he left at 2:30 a.m. Not bringing the barrel back was disappointing, but these guys also know the meaning of caring for & about one another. Who needs a barrel when you have a HEART of GOLD like these guys? Now to point my finger at the coaches. These coaches called first thing Sat. morning to check on their player with real concern for his well being. Then some called Sunday. They watched that film over & over to see when & how he got hurt. The plays may not always turn out the way they thought they would, but in the end their 1st concern is the well being of All their players! Now I will put my finger back in my pocket. Ohh & by watching the film last night, we put some hurting on some of DC's players!

I heard the whining and complaining about the time outs the other night, and two time outs are condsidered two clock stoppages, If coach Gaddis lilstened to you the fan and called a time out with say 1 minute left and then another one after that play with 52 seconds left we still have an issue with the clock running and no way to stop it without wasting a play, Now if Coach Gaddis calls a TO with say 8 seconds left then another one with 2 seconds, we have basically ran the same number of plays and the only difference being that the head coach made the decision of when the time outs were used and not you.

Yanker tell us about the offensie of JCM, we understand that their defense is special but they seem to be struggling to score. I can assume that Germantown had asolid defense but did JCM threaten to score.

As for the Region title, I feel as if it will be decided on september 15th when we play Brighton. THey are putting up some points, I am sure that JCM will slow them down quite a bit but JCM has got to get in the endzone.

The YANKER will not comment on the time out controversy but I can tell you about the JCM offense. At this point, there is not much to it. The talent and speed are obvious and that is why the YANKER thinks it will be alright. The defense is GREAT!!! We did not really threaten to score against a real good Germantown defense. Our offense WILL be fine by the time we come to Paris. I only hope it is much better against Brighton. The HC game with Brighton will be for 2nd place and a home playoff game!!!!!

Prophet, you make an excellent point in pointing out the difference....we know how this situation ended....wonder what could have been??

I am saying that the YANKER is probably the ONLY one who has seen JCM and HC play this year. I have only heard about Brighton but I remember them from a year ago and they have great talent coming back. They have beaten a couple of weak Memphis teams and scored a lot of points. They have not played anyone like Ridgeway or Dickson County. Yes, our defense is great and as great as it is, we lost due to not much offense. Brighton can score better than JCM so the YANKER is worried. Brighton is 2-0 and HC is 0-2 with dissension. Brighton concerns the YANKER more than HC because of all of that.

You seem to like history, well sometimes it is relevant and sometimes it is not, wellBrighton this year has outscored to poor Memphis schools by a total score of 77-6, last year the same poor opponents were outscored 74-8 in the first two games. I am not convinced that Brighton is any better than they were last year by theses scores, they may be, the question that is to be answered is even if Brighton is as good as they were last year, Is JCM and Henry county as good as they were last year. You spoke of offensive concern on the other thread, Well, they are going to have to score to win, but does not sound like they will need to score many to win most nights.

You seem to take lightly our two losses to strong 5a foes. It strikes me odd that you seem to hold in high regard JCMs loss to a strong 5a foe.

You seem to like history, well sometimes it is relevant and sometimes it is not, wellBrighton this year has outscored to poor Memphis schools by a total score of 77-6, last year the same poor opponents were outscored 74-8 in the first two games. I am not convinced that Brighton is any better than they were last year by theses scores, they may be, the question that is to be answered is even if Brighton is as good as they were last year, Is JCM and Henry county as good as they were last year. You spoke of offensive concern on the other thread, Well, they are going to have to score to win, but does not sound like they will need to score many to win most nights.

You seem to take lightly our two losses to strong 5a foes. It strikes me odd that you seem to hold in high regard JCMs loss to a strong 5a foe.

Even if Brighton is not better than they were a year ago, they worry the YANKER. They can score a lot of points and they have speed and athletes. They scored a lot on JCM and HC last year and you cannot blame all of their points on us, on the officiating. JCM is better on defense this year and not as good on offense. HC is better on offense and not as good on defense. A great defensive team will beat a good offensive teams usually. That is why JCM will beat HC. JCM is not as good on offense as we will be later in the year and that is why a VERY talented Brighton team worries the YANKER more than HC does. Brighton can match our speed more than HC can. The region title will be decided at the ROCK Friday night and 2nd place will be determined at your place in a couple of weeks. JCM should beat both of you.

Even if Brighton is not better than they were a year ago, they worry the YANKER. They can score a lot of points and they have speed and athletes. They scored a lot on JCM and HC last year and you cannot blame all of their points on us, on the officiating. JCM is better on defense this year and not as good on offense. HC is better on offense and not as good on defense. A great defensive team will beat a good offensive teams usually. That is why JCM will beat HC. JCM is not as good on offense as we will be later in the year and that is why a VERY talented Brighton team worries the YANKER more than HC does. Brighton can match our speed more than HC can. The region title will be decided at the ROCK Friday night and 2nd place will be determined at your place in a couple of weeks. JCM should beat both of you.

I wish all fans were as loyal as you. I wish this thread would close down and move on to HC and HC. I am afraid the blood pressure has reached the danger zone. To the other poster, I am truly sorry about Daniel's injury. He never gave up, though. I know he will get better soon. He is tough.