Cumberland Gap vs. Rutledge

veerman8133

After the debachle at Coalfield on Thursday, is there a chance that the Panthers can right the ship in time for their home opener against Rutledge this Friday? The kids looked lost and lathargic the whole game against coalfield. They are capable of playing much better. There just doesnt seem to be much fire in them right now. Any thoughts?

After the debachle at Coalfield on Thursday, is there a chance that the Panthers can right the ship in time for their home opener against Rutledge this Friday? The kids looked lost and lathargic the whole game against coalfield. They are capable of playing much better. There just doesnt seem to be much fire in them right now. Any thoughts?

I watched the C-Gap game Thursday and I'm inclined to agree. Then on Friday, I watched my alma mater get humiliated at Oneida. The two games were very similiar, although I think Wartburg put forth a lot less effort than C-Gap did. That game was a farce and I think everyone who watched would agree. It was so bad I feel for the Wartburg players. So, I think C-Gap can rebound and do better this week. Wartburg has Coalfield this week and that could get ugly!!! Is Rutledge tough this year? Do they still pound the rock like they used to?

CG will definitely be the underdog in this one. Their offensive line has yet to prove it can block anyone. And their d-line and linebackers arent doing the job either. If they can somehow figure out how to block and tackle by friday they stand a remote chance. If not then it will be no contest like the coalfield game.

Hopefully the Gap will rebound from a devastating loss at Coalfield. I was really surprised at the turnover ratio.

It should be an even match-up unlike last season.

25-21

Panthers.

Hey Gap fans a teacher there told me you guys were down Monday, don't do that. Claiborne County has 2 teams and we want to see both of you holding your heads up.

Smile Virgils gone :)

CG fought a lot harder in this one especially in the first half. However, youth and inexperience and a pretty good rutledge team seemed to be the panthers unveiling. CG lost 38-13 but missed out on several opportunities. Something has to be donewith the secondary. They were terrible. Two kids were hurt for CG one with a collarbone the other with a broken leg. This will hurt CG who alreay lacks from depth and experience anyway. I feel a lot better after this weeks game though, at least they played hard. Keep getting better guys, South Greene is next and you all need to be on top of your game for that one!

B) Definitely Rutledge... I think that both teams could pull of the win if they put their minds to it, but... CG's offensive line isn't blocking the best this year... and their defense is doing ok, but I mean their whole team needs to work hard and practice hard before friday's game. Rutledge has always been a hard team to beat, but good luck to both teams on friday!!