Who is the best running back in East Tennessee?

RB Ryan Helton Claiborne Bulldogs. He already has leg up on most of the RBs in east TN and many at the "prima-dona" school in that he has the grades. However don't look for UT to recruit him. He don;t have the backing from the Knoxville News Senseless nor does he have a criminal record (i.e. Daddy aint a former UT player, aint pulled a toy gun out, no DUI's and aint transfered schools because he didnt have the grades to play in another county)

Now off my soapbox.

Claiborne Bulldogs

RB/DB Ryan Helton

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will not debate that Townsend is an excellent back. He certainly proved to be last year for the Bulldogs. However, he doesn't hold a candle to Smith or Rogan, based on size and ability. If they were on the same team, Townsend would be the odd man out. Smith can punish you and if he has a step, forget it. I heard in one of the playoff games last season, Townsend got caught. Don't take this personnally, because like I said, Adam is a very good back, but Smith and Rogan are better. Hey Harrison, if you read this, Kaz thinks you can be the "next big thing" on Saturdays in Knoxville. UT wants you to play for them, what is there to decide? Come on, make Kaz happy and sign with the Vols.

:lol: Kaz :thumb:

Hey Kaz returns!!!! I'm glad to see your hiatus was short lived. I thought you were gonna pull a "Jimmy Hoffa" on us and disappear for good!! Rumors would have rampant that you were buried under the field at Oneida!!!! By the way, those Indians sure put it to my alma mater Friday night. I think the Oneida-Coalfield game will be one to see!! Later-Vol! (you didn't expect me to say "later-gator" did you? NO Florida references here!!!

Shiverdecker is pretty amazing. He will get a D1 offer. You can count on it. And Harrison Smith is a great player. But lets face it, hes not going to play RB in college. Put him at safty, wide out, or even possibly OLB if he gained some weight. Hes one of the best in east tn. Spectacular player and one of my favorites to watch. Rogan is also a stud. Has great footwork like Shiverdecker.

I don't care if Townsend is 6'0 and 220....... :P oops, then he would be Harrison Smith. :huh:

SCW86, my demise has been somewhat overblown.(I guess by ME) :angry: I'm not gonna do a "Hoffa", although I do know where he is!

Running Backs are tough to critique because they all have qualities that appeal to their beloved fans. I have seen Harrison play twice, and the boy has some "out of the park" ability. Rogan once, and he sat down way too early to get a vibe of his ability, but his clippings have been rather impressive against excellent competition. Townsend doesn't particularly play against great teams often, and him only playing a half proves that point. Maryville's Baker seems to face the best teams most, and he stuffs the stat box well. Shiverdecker is certainly a player as he has produced at both JC and Alcoa. I would put Coalfield's Davis with Townsend, they play in the same division(single A), and they produce similar stats. Loudon's Hawkins has to be quite athletic or UT wouldn't have offered so early, although you wonder if they are going to make him another linebacker/safety. Bottom Line: They are all good and they stack up well against other backs in the Mid-State and West Tennessee.

One more thing, much props to Oneida's A. Jeffers (my homeboy), runs hard, runs downhill, and, barring injury, runs for 1200 this year?!?! I do not know his official yardage, but I'd say at least 160.

:D Kaz :D