Pac Man does it again

Where are the people who were defending this punk a few weeks ago? This guy will never change. Get rid of this punk!

Fact is, in the NFL or NCAA, if the team is winning and the player is making plays, the tolerance level is very high.

I can easily defend his play on the field this season to this point. I can't defend his apparent anger management issues or judgement. On the field it's 15 yards-off the field the penalties are far worse.

Joe Biddle has a good column that explains things in a different light in today's Tennessean:

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/articl...358/1106/SPORTS

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dare_2_dream

Yeah...let's hear hssportsfan or tdntn's excuses for him.

there were others defending him too but i wont mention any names. i like the new uniforms though.

Where are the people who were defending this punk a few weeks ago? This guy will never change. Get rid of this punk!

I must admitt its getting hard to defend him. He is doing well on the field this preseason, and without this incident most would have forgot his previous off the field incidents by now. But, now that this has come up, he has ruined any chance of that. The Jackson Sun printed this timeline today.

Pacman timeline

Pacman Jones' off-field issues since he was drafted by the Titans on April 23, 2005:

April 27, 2005: Jones' name is listed on an incident report connected to an altercation at a Georgia nightclub. Witnesses say he was not involved. Women involved in the fight ask that the case be dismissed, which it is.

June 8, 2005: Jones is with two others in a room at Regal Maxwell House Hotel in MetroCenter when police enter because the occupants refuse to check out. Police smell and find marijuana, but Lewis Kuffor of Atlanta claims responsibility and ultimately pleads guilty to misdemeanor possession charges. Jones tells police, "Lewis had the weed."

July 13, 2005: In the early morning hours Jones and his friends are at a party at a Nashville nightclub then called 615. Manager Robert Gaddy says he asks Jones' party to leave after he catches three of them (not including Jones) smoking marijuana. Jones is gone after an alleged confrontation and before police arrive. Gaddy files assault and vandalism charges and his brother, Lamar Woodson, also files an assault charge. Jones hires Nashville lawyer Roger May and turns himself in to Metro Police.

Aug. 11, 2005: Jones' agent, Michael Huyghue, holds a press conference at a hotel near the Titans' headquarters. A civil suit filed in the Circuit Court for Davidson County charges that Gaddy and Woodson were part of a civil conspiracy, interfered with business relationships and defamed Jones. The suit seeks $7.5 million in compensatory and punitive damages, including at least $2.5 million in lost marketing revenue and $2.5 million in contractual damages, even though Jones is not yet under contract with the Titans.

Oct. 6, 2005: Gaddy and Woodson file a counter suit accusing Jones of assault and battery and defamation, and seeking compensatory and punitive damages.

Oct. 24, 2005: A West Virginia judge extends Jones' probation connected to a 2002 incident by 90 days. The state says Jones had not made regular and sufficient contact with his probation officer and did not report his July arrest in Nashville in a timely fashion.

Dec. 6, 2005: Attorneys on both sides say the civil suits resulting from the July 13 nightclub incident have been settled. No financial details are revealed.

Dec. 8, 2005: The criminal case against Jones stemming from the bar fight remains alive despite Gaddy's willingness to drop it, in part because Gaddy didn't appear in court for the hearing. The district attorney's office asks Judge Bill Higgins to reschedule.

March 6, 2005: Judge John P. Brown tosses the charges against Jones from the nightclub incident after admonishing Gaddy and Woodson for filing the charges, then seeking to retract them.

Aug. 25, 2006: Jones is arrested in Murfreesboro and charged with public drunkenness and disorderly conduct. Toya Garth, who claims Jones spat on her, also accuses him of simple assault. A court date is set for Oct. 12.

Guest dare_2_dream

I must admitt its getting hard to defend him. He is doing well on the field this preseason, and without this incident most would have forgot his previous off the field incidents by now. But, now that this has come up, he has ruined any chance of that. The Jackson Sun printed this timeline today.

Pacman timeline

Pacman Jones' off-field issues since he was drafted by the Titans on April 23, 2005:

April 27, 2005: Jones' name is listed on an incident report connected to an altercation at a Georgia nightclub. Witnesses say he was not involved. Women involved in the fight ask that the case be dismissed, which it is.

June 8, 2005: Jones is with two others in a room at Regal Maxwell House Hotel in MetroCenter when police enter because the occupants refuse to check out. Police smell and find marijuana, but Lewis Kuffor of Atlanta claims responsibility and ultimately pleads guilty to misdemeanor possession charges. Jones tells police, "Lewis had the weed."

July 13, 2005: In the early morning hours Jones and his friends are at a party at a Nashville nightclub then called 615. Manager Robert Gaddy says he asks Jones' party to leave after he catches three of them (not including Jones) smoking marijuana. Jones is gone after an alleged confrontation and before police arrive. Gaddy files assault and vandalism charges and his brother, Lamar Woodson, also files an assault charge. Jones hires Nashville lawyer Roger May and turns himself in to Metro Police.

Aug. 11, 2005: Jones' agent, Michael Huyghue, holds a press conference at a hotel near the Titans' headquarters. A civil suit filed in the Circuit Court for Davidson County charges that Gaddy and Woodson were part of a civil conspiracy, interfered with business relationships and defamed Jones. The suit seeks $7.5 million in compensatory and punitive damages, including at least $2.5 million in lost marketing revenue and $2.5 million in contractual damages, even though Jones is not yet under contract with the Titans.

Oct. 6, 2005: Gaddy and Woodson file a counter suit accusing Jones of assault and battery and defamation, and seeking compensatory and punitive damages.

Oct. 24, 2005: A West Virginia judge extends Jones' probation connected to a 2002 incident by 90 days. The state says Jones had not made regular and sufficient contact with his probation officer and did not report his July arrest in Nashville in a timely fashion.

Dec. 6, 2005: Attorneys on both sides say the civil suits resulting from the July 13 nightclub incident have been settled. No financial details are revealed.

Dec. 8, 2005: The criminal case against Jones stemming from the bar fight remains alive despite Gaddy's willingness to drop it, in part because Gaddy didn't appear in court for the hearing. The district attorney's office asks Judge Bill Higgins to reschedule.

March 6, 2005: Judge John P. Brown tosses the charges against Jones from the nightclub incident after admonishing Gaddy and Woodson for filing the charges, then seeking to retract them.

Aug. 25, 2006: Jones is arrested in Murfreesboro and charged with public drunkenness and disorderly conduct. Toya Garth, who claims Jones spat on her, also accuses him of simple assault. A court date is set for Oct. 12.

Interesting timeline. I never defended the joke, because he is nothing more than that. He messes up every chance he is given. After all this of nonsense, I must ask .. What was the reason we didnt draft Randy Moss? Oh wait because he is trouble and a thug .. but PacMan is an angel :thumb:

Interesting timeline. I never defended the joke, because he is nothing more than that. He messes up every chance he is given. After all this of nonsense, I must ask .. What was the reason we didnt draft Randy Moss? Oh wait because he is trouble and a thug .. but PacMan is an angel :huh:

As much of a headache Pacman has been, his antics don't even begin to compare with what Moss had coming out of college.

Big difference was that somehow, someway, Randy Moss listened to Chris Carter his rookie season and that helped him on and off the field tremendously. Pacman never found an older guy to hook up with to show him the ropes.

Guest dare_2_dream

As much of a headache Pacman has been, his antics don't even begin to compare with what Moss had coming out of college.

Big difference was that somehow, someway, Randy Moss listened to Chris Carter his rookie season and that helped him on and off the field tremendously. Pacman never found an older guy to hook up with to show him the ropes.

Moss might have started off worse but at least he cared enough to change his ways. PacMan doesnt care about anyone but himself and being the spotlight. Well he sure is doing a good job of being the center of attention.

Moss might have started off worse but at least he cared enough to change his ways. PacMan doesnt care about anyone but himself and being the spotlight. Well he sure is doing a good job of being the center of attention.

For what it's worth, he was in a bar. He's over 21 years of age, and that is legal. Didn't know that was bringing attnetion to himself by going out in public. Second, if someone was passing around my wallet, I'd be a little testy too, especually when I was being blamed and the cops were doing nothing to rectify that part of the situation. (For what is it worth, why they waited for him to leave before they arrested him is beyond me - little help LOD?) Third, for you or I to say the guy is or is not trying to change off the field is purely opinion. Every article I have read is that he is at least trying to shape up. Whether that is a front or not, I don't have a clue.

I guess one reason I sympathize with the guy more than most is that he hasn't forgotten where he came from and who was with him then. You might want to read the article Tuesday from the Tennessean about where he came from - it ain't exactly Rutherford County where people try to be ghetto. Whether or not you think it is a good idea, I respect the guy for never forgetting where he came from and who his friends were IF his friends aren't just using him now.

Edited by Solomon

Guest dare_2_dream

For what it's worth, he was in a bar. He's over 21 years of age, and that is legal. Didn't know that was bringing attnetion to himself by going out in public. Second, if someone was passing around my wallet, I'd be a little testy too, especually when I was being blamed and the cops were doing nothing to rectify that part of the situation. (For what is it worth, why they waited for him to leave before they arrested him is beyond me - little help LOD?) Third, for you or I to say the guy is or is not trying to change off the field is purely opinion. Every article I have read is that he is at least trying to shape up. Whether that is a front or not, I don't have a clue.

I guess one reason I sympathize with the guy more than most is that he hasn't forgotten where he came from and who was with him then. You might want to read the article Tuesday from the Tennessean about where he came from - it ain't exactly Rutherford County where people try to be ghetto. Whether or not you think it is a good idea, I respect the guy for never forgetting where he came from and who his friends were IF his friends aren't just using him now.

So him remembering where he came from makes all this ok? There many other athletes who dont forget where they came from and I know for a fact you wouldnt defend any of their actions.

So him remembering where he came from makes all this ok? There many other athletes who dont forget where they came from and I know for a fact you wouldnt defend any of their actions.

Did I say it as ok? I never said it was ok. I said that I at least somewhat respected him for not forgetting where he came from. Being as that you try to fit in the hip hop culture so much, I thought you of all people on this board with at least halfway emphathize with the guy.

See if you can find where I bash athletes off the field for their actions. I learned really fast in college that most athletes come from a completely different background than me. I try to be more thankful of what I had as opposed to chastize them for what they didn't. Go ahead and look through my old posts. You'll find maybe one from 2004 - and that was a coaching staff, not the players.

Edited by Solomon

Guest dare_2_dream

Did I say it as ok? I never said it was ok. I said that I at least somewhat respected him for not forgetting where he came from. Being as that you try to fit in the hip hop culture so much, I thought you of all people on this board with at least halfway emphathize with the guy.

See if you can find where I bash athletes off the field for their actions. Go ahead and look through my old posts. You'll find maybe one from 2004 - and that was a coaching staff, not the players.

There is no TRYING to fit in, I do a very good job. I dont emphatize with people who get chance after chance but yet continue to mess things up out of stupidity. PacMan Jones is an idiot, theres no reason anyone should defend him or his actions. He has been given chance after chance but never learns. Its not that complicated to understand what gets you into trouble and how to avoid it. Once he realizes that where he is going is a road that will lead him nowhere, he might be ok until then we have to continue to put up his nonsense.

There is no TRYING to fit in, I do a very good job. I dont emphatize with people who get chance after chance but yet continue to mess things up out of stupidity. PacMan Jones is an idiot, theres no reason anyone should defend him or his actions. He has been given chance after chance but never learns. Its not that complicated to understand what gets you into trouble and how to avoid it. Once he realizes that where he is going is a road that will lead him nowhere, he might be ok until then we have to continue to put up his nonsense.

Something tells me this is his last get out of jail free card.