Dobyns-Bennett vs Knox Bearden

ArtVandalay

That's a true statement.. at least in the last 5 season's.. Bearden has defeated Karns all 5 years. That is 1/3 of all of Bearden's Region 1 5A Victories over the last 5 season too. Bearden is 14-19 in region play over that time period.

DB has won 15 Region 1 5A Games in a row, and have a 32-1 record in Region 1 5A games since 2001. That 1 loss was to Karns.

The Indians have outscored Bearden 148-30 over the last 5 years an average score of 30-6. So that will be my prediction:

KINGSPORT DOBYNS-BENNETT 30

BEARDEN 06

Good TO Great

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Art, when you type, it just puts me in aww. You basically can not top what you just stated. Im hoping that the indians continue this streak of scoring, and put fear into the Wildcats eyes. I'm not predicting an outrageous game of scoring back and forth, but i see the indians throwin up big points, especially in the first half.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bearden has an exceptional coaching staff this year. It appears Coach Wilson and the other returning coaches have made huge stride in bringing HOPE back to this program. Bearden has played the first two games with heart and determination - which I see them taking it to the field again for Friday nights game against DB. This is going to be a great game. I think Bearden has it in them to win, they will need to stop the big plays. AND if for some reason they do not win this year - THEY WILL FOR SURE NEXT....this year DB is playing with mostly seniors, while Bearden is playing with mostly juniors....I just say - watch out Tribe the Bulldogs are loose and hungry!

Travel safe to and from the game.

Bearden has an exceptional coaching staff this year. It appears Coach Wilson and the other returning coaches have made huge stride in bringing HOPE back to this program. Bearden has played the first two games with heart and determination - which I see them taking it to the field again for Friday nights game against DB. This is going to be a great game. I think Bearden has it in them to win, they will need to stop the big plays. AND if for some reason they do not win this year - THEY WILL FOR SURE NEXT....this year DB is playing with mostly seniors, while Bearden is playing with mostly juniors....I just say - watch out Tribe the Bulldogs are loose and hungry!

Travel safe to and from the game.

I don't think you can say Bearden will for sure win next year. DB has many Seniors this year, but there is lots of talent in the younger players coming up. Next year DB will reload.

We def. have some great younger players. This year we have some great looking Soph. to many to name and next year they will be Jr. I would look to find plenty of Jr's on the roster for next year. Next year same thing "This year is our year" and what will happen next year same thing as always Trash talkin' Tribe wins...excuses Tribe wins next game ets...ets..

What is the weather conditions in Knoxville? It has poured rain all day and night in Kingsport. More of the same expected for Friday. Has the Tropical Storm gone as far west as Knoxville? Field conditions could play a factor.

DB lined up 75% of the offensive plays in Week 0 in a Full House Backfield, with QB Burton under Center. Then last week against Sullivan South, reverse, shotgun and single or at most 2 backs the entire 1st half.

Fan Poll taken and a request from the Tribe Nation: G-Man... call the Hook and Lateral, for old times sake!!

DB 30 Bearden 06

Good To Great

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

I don't know a lot about Dobbyns Bennett but I do know that Bearden is very well coached this year. They are running an offense that is good. I have seen them play once and I was impressed with their talent level. Anytime a team can throw the ball the way that Bearden can, it gives you a chance. Best of luck to both teams.

They are the Oak Ridge of Upper East TN. They are one of the true football dynasties of TN. Greatest HS football program I ever had the honor to watch.

What radio station in Knoxville carries the Bearden games? Thanks!

:thumb::thumb: This isn't Kingsport.

99.1 will be broadcasting Knox Catholic for the second week in a row! Something strange is going on. There were some great games last week in the County and they had Knox Catholic and some small county school they killed.

What a waste of air time.

They are the Oak Ridge of Upper East TN. They are one of the true football dynasties of TN. Greatest HS football program I ever had the honor to watch.

Sa-Weet words, indeed!! Been gettin' it on since 1921 (the black and white days, before color, long before color). Rigger, I expect you will make it to the SHIP next Friday Night for another episode of Dobyns-Bennett Indians vs. Oak Ridge Wildcats, or will you be following the Admirals?

Oh, and DB is covered by 2 Radio Staions, every game!!

Good To Great

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Edited by ArtVandalay

Hey Art…I got one for ya. When's the last time DB won a game outside this region? Maybe this is an easier one...when is the last time the Indians won a post season game???:o

The way you guys talk the talk reminds me of a team the Vikings played in the semifinal game of the 4A state tournament a couple of years ago called Maryville Rebels, with the exception of one thing…they not only talk the talk, they WALK THE WALK all the way to the State Championship Game EVERY year!!!! :D You guys seem to have a little trouble with the WALKING part along about the FIRST game of the playoffs EVERY year. :D:thumb: Just a little reality check for ya. :D

DB 24

Bearden 17

You need to check your stats before you run your pie hole you Erkle lookalike.