Boone at Greenville

mikey65

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've forgotten more about Daniel Boone football than you'll ever know. You go right ahead and tell me why you start the season against a 2A team. Also why are your other non-region games against Central, who have gone 2-8 in 3 of the past 5 seasons, and North who just got moved back to 4A last year? I'm glad you all are winning more games now, but I want you to win championships. Just do me a favor and look up the records for all of last years state champions and look at who they played in their non-region games. 3A state champion Livingston Academy is a perfect example last year. They went 5-5 in the regular season last year, but when the playoffs came they were ready and won it all.

That is scary. I kind of wonder if you were playing while I was, or if you just know a lot about the different teams in the area.

Regardless, you have a good point. You are looking a little too far ahead in my opinion, but you do have a good point.

Boone first needs to become the powerhouse in their conference year after year. When was the last time they won their conference? My team had a chance in 97, but lost to South so we didn't get it then. Before that? Who knows.

Who is the powerhouse in Region 1? TN High, South, Elizabethton (down but still in there year after year). Boone needs to become a team that is a powerhouse year after year. Will playing against harder teams do that? Yes, it will, but what good would it do to play a team like D-B with an obvious stronger team. Elizabethton tries that year after year, and they never come close to winning. What good does it do to get drilled year after year?

Do I want them to hit the point where they do, yes. I think they need to build a solid program where you say "Who wins Region 2, Why....Mo West, Greenville, or Boone."

I guess it would be a builder game. Maybe that was the only open game they were able to find with someone. I don't know, not on the staff, just making guesses. Either way, good points for the future, but for right now, I just don't see playing larger and better programs as being a good idea.

In most cases the bigger the school, the more players the team has. MoWest does have more people on the team that give each other a break, but still that may help but it is not something you need to have a succesful team, it is the talent. To answer your question about how will beating SG help Boone, any game that you play can help you. You will learn from you mistakes and find out where you are strong and weak on the field and you can improve or use your strong points as much as possible. About Greeneville i don't know, I'm not in the Gray area any more because i am away for college. I know the Devils have a good QB this year and they had a very good running back last year, if he will return i don't know. If i remember right the running game was all they had last year really so they will have a tough time with the new game plan they are using. Boone has a good defense so they will have a hard time moving the ball on them. If Boone can move the ball i think they will win this game.

You tooks my number again.

And that is what the story is for every Boone team, if they can move the ball they can win the game. If they have a strong D, they are good to go.

They have a good program up and running now, I think they can pull off a win against Greenville as well. Beating a team like Greenville would be great for the team attitude and a positive towards the rest of the year.

In most cases the bigger the school, the more players the team has. MoWest does have more people on the team that give each other a break, but still that may help but it is not something you need to have a succesful team, it is the talent. To answer your question about how will beating SG help Boone, any game that you play can help you. You will learn from you mistakes and find out where you are strong and weak on the field and you can improve or use your strong points as much as possible. About Greeneville i don't know, I'm not in the Gray area any more because i am away for college. I know the Devils have a good QB this year and they had a very good running back last year, if he will return i don't know. If i remember right the running game was all they had last year really so they will have a tough time with the new game plan they are using. Boone has a good defense so they will have a hard time moving the ball on them. If Boone can move the ball i think they will win this game.

Greeneville's new offense was rather effective against AC. Greenway does a good job of reading the pass coverage from the shotgun and managed 150+ yards passing. They had another 100 on the ground. They executed their offense effectively against an Anderson County, team that has literally owned them for the past 4 years. I would normally expect a young team like this one to make a lot of careless mistakes but there weren't many last week. I hope that's just good fundamental football and not just a fluke. If Greeneville looks as poised and confident against Boone then we have got us a ballgame!

Oh please, I am the true 55. Coming from the BEST offensive line EVER, yes i have the t-shirt and it says "55 Osborne" on it. Me and you have in common, other than the best number ever, is we played on the two best Boone teams ever.

I got to argue about the best line ever at Boone. When you have 3 years in the Big-10 (I know I'm old) with a different running back each season that rush for over 1000 yards, that's saying something.

Oh please, I am the true 55. Coming from the BEST offensive line EVER, yes i have the t-shirt and it says "55 Osborne" on it. Me and you have in common, other than the best number ever, is we played on the two best Boone teams ever.

Haha, you keep thinking you all were the best line ever, if that gets you to sleep every night. You all may have packed some speed, but we had some size that was second to none.

But that was a long time ago, so sure, you can be the best, that is fine.

And Mikey65, those are some good numbers to be putting up from three different running backs. Must be way before my time because I can't remember seasons like that.

I call a tight game this week, but I think Boone can pull it off.

Boone 21

Greenville 14

It will be a good game from both of the teams, so good luck, support your teams, and enjoy your game under Friday Night Lights.

At least last years line beat Elizabethon.

If you want to call last years team a real Elizabethton team, sure. I remember playing against an Elizabethton team that was consistently going to the fourth round of the play-offs.

But you can say what you what, it would be nice if you could have made it to that third round of the play-offs......... :P

:thumb: