Boone at Greenville

mikey65

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time I checked you aren't on the coaching staff or the roster so you "know" nothing about why we play South Green.

I've forgotten more about Daniel Boone football than you'll ever know. You go right ahead and tell me why you start the season against a 2A team. Also why are your other non-region games against Central, who have gone 2-8 in 3 of the past 5 seasons, and North who just got moved back to 4A last year? I'm glad you all are winning more games now, but I want you to win championships. Just do me a favor and look up the records for all of last years state champions and look at who they played in their non-region games. 3A state champion Livingston Academy is a perfect example last year. They went 5-5 in the regular season last year, but when the playoffs came they were ready and won it all.

The size of the school does not matter on how good the team is. In my honest opinion MoWest should be a 5A school. They have 103 (I may be wrong on that number) players. Boone has about 25 that actually play, while MoWest has people coming in all the time giving their team-mates breaks. The reason a small team does good is because they have the skill and the "want to win" attitude. So no, the size of the school does not matter of the skill you have. Another example is Hampton, small school, great team. Boone is a small 4A team and winning a game against a smaller team like South Greene doesn't mean they won a game and will not gain anything from it other than a W. If you beat any team you are doing something right. To sum it all up, the size of the team doens't matter on how hard they play or how good they are, the only thing that matters is the time and effort you put in to win the game. So nice job Boone on starting the season off against a GOOD and SMALL team, a win is a win and don't let somebody take that away.

Classifation is based on the number of students enrolled, not the number that go out for football. You make no sense. You say MoWest has people coming in to give their teamates a break, but then you say the size of the school does not matter. What did you mean? Like I said before. one of the reasons Hampton and Cloudland are so good is that they play 4A teams in their non-region games. Their coaching staffs are great too, which is why they choose to play the bigger schools. I'm glad Boone beat S.G., but how will that help them against West or in the playoffs? What are your thoughts on the Greenville game?

In most cases the bigger the school, the more players the team has. MoWest does have more people on the team that give each other a break, but still that may help but it is not something you need to have a succesful team, it is the talent. To answer your question about how will beating SG help Boone, any game that you play can help you. You will learn from you mistakes and find out where you are strong and weak on the field and you can improve or use your strong points as much as possible. About Greeneville i don't know, I'm not in the Gray area any more because i am away for college. I know the Devils have a good QB this year and they had a very good running back last year, if he will return i don't know. If i remember right the running game was all they had last year really so they will have a tough time with the new game plan they are using. Boone has a good defense so they will have a hard time moving the ball on them. If Boone can move the ball i think they will win this game.

Edited by 2005 Trailblazer #55

Daniel Boone wins..Too much speed

Greeneville is pretty darn quick too. They were swarming all over AC all night and Bannach just seemed to come out of nowhere to smash the QB. The little guys had some mean hits as well. If Boone is going to win this one, they are gonna need their passing game cause they are not gonna out run this tenacious little defense.

Greeneville is pretty darn quick too. They were swarming all over AC all night and Bannach just seemed to come out of nowhere to smash the QB. The little guys had some mean hits as well. If Boone is going to win this one, they are gonna need their passing game cause they are not gonna out run this tenacious little defense.

I beg to differ.

Really big region game for so early in the season. Right now Sonny Moore has Greeneville ranked 28th in 4A, Boone 33rd, East 36th, and Cherokee 39th ... that's pretty close. So, a win this Friday would give the Devils or 'Blazers a huge boost toward one of the upper playoff spots.

Give Greeneville, the edge here, playing at home. GR 28 DBo 21

I think Boone will be able to run the ball with at least a little success. They averaged almost 10 yds. per carry last week, and while South Greene is surely not Greeneville, and Sky Hicks was an outstanding running back, not enough credit is given to a decent O-line at Boone. Should be a game that will give both teams an idea of where they stand for the early season.

I think Boone will be able to run the ball with at least a little success. They averaged almost 10 yds. per carry last week, and while South Greene is surely not Greeneville, and Sky Hicks was an outstanding running back, not enough credit is given to a decent O-line at Boone. Should be a game that will give both teams an idea of where they stand for the early season.

AC had a decent O line as well but couldn't handle Greeneville's speed. At 6'4", 225lbs LB Daniel Bannach is about as big and fast as they come. He blew through AC line and just devastated their running game. This one may come down to who makes the fewest mistakes and has the fewest penalties