Jo Byrns vs. Eagleville

Shep

That's kind of what I was thinking that meant but I'd like to hear 50's explanation. Based on your explanation, starting out slow means that you can't execute early in the game. To me starting out slow means that you start the game playing very timid and you wait to see what type of competition you're facing. This is what I tried to say several days ago about JBHS's confidence. Last year's team made that great but very hard leap forward (having TRUE confidence). JBHS now knows that they are a good team and they know that they can compete with anybody. At this point, JBHS only needs to worry about going out and executing their game plan as best they can everything else will take care of it's self. There should be no such thing as starting out slow. By game time you're not going to get any better as a team, as a player or as a coach no matter what team you're playing. You're not going to get any worse as a team as a player or as a coach no matter what team you’re playing. To me, starting out slow is a mental issue not a talent issue.

I could not have said it better. Seems like to me JB started out playing "up" to what they thought was a good, maybe better, team. Then as the 1st half went on JB knew they were the better team and played down to them. I'm NOT hacking on Eville. Again this is what it seemed like to me. If JB plays the 1st 3 qtrs of the game like the 1st couple of drives, then this would've been a blow out. On the other hand, if #5 for Eville gets more touches from the get go, then this might have been what beats JB. #5 was a playmaker, good game hoss. I'll try to step it up w/ the cowbell! I need to do some modifications so I don't wear blisters on my fingers. As far as the airhorn, I'm still waiting on the one from ebay...hope it does not disappoint. And as mention among some of us at the game - All coacht JBHS fans need to meet up before the next home game over by the concession stand.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't think players should get on here, much less TELL who you are. You say watch out for ya but all your gonna do is put a big nice pretty bulls eye on ya. Your coach should really have a talk with you.Plus, If your a player you wasn't even alive in the 70's. Cascade has had a good team no doubt, but last year you didnt make it and thats what people remember. Win some this year, get the memory of last year out of everyones minds and then let so fan get on here and sing your praises not a player IMO.

voiceofrockets,i could really care less about the bullseye bein painted on me.i alredy have some on me.when i said the 70s i was refering to the history of our team,not recent players.its called tradition,you should know that.i also could care less about people knowing my name and number,maybe ill have a little more competition and fun.

if this is someone from eagleville,you aint as good as you think you are.if you worried bout playin ball as much as you did shootin off your mouth. you might have beat jo byrns.but regardless,eaglevilles the best,thats what yall think.but if its someone from jo byrns,all i was doing was complimenting your team.but eagleville just needs to remember,your still just a small time team.but we (cascade) have been makin the playoffs sice the 70s,we miss it one year and we supposedly stink.yall make the playoffs and yall are the best?yeah right.this is seth carter #53.just be lookin for me when you play us.oh yeah,dont let me catch ya wonderin,you might be sufferin from a concusion too :ph34r:

Russel187 is a fan from Mcewen not Eagleville or Jo Byrns

I really don't think players should get on here, much less TELL who you are. You say watch out for ya but all your gonna do is put a big nice pretty bulls eye on ya. Your coach should really have a talk with you.Plus, If your a player you wasn't even alive in the 70's. Cascade has had a good team no doubt, but last year you didnt make it and thats what people remember. Win some this year, get the memory of last year out of everyones minds and then let so fan get on here and sing your praises not a player IMO.

I dont think there is anything wrong w/ players being on here as long as they dont shoot there mouth off.

“Our efforts were good (Friday),” Eagleville Coach Jason Scharsch said. “We gave up three big plays in the first half, and we didn't execute our offense very well.

“We will meet this team again in the second round (of the playoffs), and we'll win that one.”

- Why would he make a stupid quote like this in the Robertson County paper? Jo Byrns will have this up in their locker room!

This same quote was in the Tennessean on Saturday. After a great game between two excellent teams, I would hope a coach could give some credit or talk about breakdows in the game or something better than a threat. I think this quote shows a lack of class and a lot of disrespect. I also don't understand the author stating that Jo Byrns use a little "slieght of hand" in the first half. I was at the game and I saw JB march up and down the field in the first half doing whatever they wanted. If not for a couple of mistakes and offensive breakdowns, the score could have easily been 30-0 at half.

U are a joke, i watched u #50 and ur not even very good. Ya u made like 2 good plays, but nothing for u to be on here talking about. U guys have a good team, quit saying we arent giving u guys credit. We knew yall were good, but excuse us for not saying were gonna lose, cuz we knew we wouldnt. Quit gettin on here and making excuses, i talked to some JBHS players after the game, and they said u guys talked more crap than any team they had ever played. That is classless, especially when ur down 17-0 and still talking crap. U guys need to stop worrying about talking crap, and start worrying about playing the game. I'm sure alot of teams will talk crap to JBHS this year, w/ them being the defending CHAMPS, but come on show some class. I can gurantee that Heritage, Forrest, CA, NCS, and basically every team left on JBHS's schedule has more class then u guys showed last night. Not saying yall dont have class, just that u didnt show it at all last night.

W/ that said I think u guys are a lock for the playoffs, but i dont know what seed yet, because every team in this region looks to be very good. Good luck to Eagleville the rest of the season!

By the way, the guy didnt mean u guys expected our QB to be out, but u guys did see him missed the last 2 drives in the first half due to a mild concussion, and probably geared more up for the run because we had a running QB take his place. That is not making excuses at all, but u guys did blitz alot, and JBHS didnt attempt very many passes in the second half at all!

Who the heck are u getting on this web site telling highschool football players that they're not good and that there classless! seems pretty immature for a grown man

some people say players should not post on this site but i say people like u trying to relive their high school days should just giveit up and live your own life and stop putting guys down for them sayin somthin about your little footballplayers ;)

“Our efforts were good (Friday),” Eagleville Coach Jason Scharsch said. “We gave up three big plays in the first half, and we didn't execute our offense very well.

“We will meet this team again in the second round (of the playoffs), and we'll win that one.”

- Why would he make a stupid quote like this in the Robertson County paper? Jo Byrns will have this up in their locker room!

I am a player from Jo Byrns, and yes ur right, EVERY member of the Jo Byrns team will remember that quote if we do happen to face off in the playoffs. If a coach cant respect a team enough to congratulate them for a win, then that is just messed up. I remember last year when Union City beat us, we all felt like the better team lost, but we still congratulated them and told them they did a great job!! I WONT forget this quote, and neither will anyone else!

I am a player from Jo Byrns, and yes ur right, EVERY member of the Jo Byrns team will remember that quote if we do happen to face off in the playoffs. If a coach cant respect a team enough to congratulate them for a win, then that is just messed up. I remember last year when Union City beat us, we all felt like the better team lost, but we still congratulated them and told them they did a great job!! I WONT forget this quote, and neither will anyone else!

OH YEA! and some of the fans wont forget either! GO RED DEVILS

I have 2 opinions on the guys quote. With me being an alumni, former player, and fan that comes to every home game, this hit me a couple of ways. For the alumni and former player in me, this was kind of a slap in the face to the program that Coach Adkins started and I am proud to say I was there at the beginning of. He doesn't take stabbs like that and on many occasions in the Tennessean and Robertson Co. Times he has stated that whatever particular JB team that was beaten...got beat, out played, whatever. I have family and neighbors that play on this team and have followed them closely the past few years. So in a way...slap in my face. On the other hand, the fan in me would like to personally thank E-ville's coach for the comment. I don't know if I have heard this kind of locker room bulliten board material since Namath predicted a win in SuperBowl III on any level the game is played on. If this is not posted in the locker room or weight room, it ought to be. I would love to blow it up or even put it on t-shirts. Not only for motivation to plow through everyone they play, but to wear it as a badge, you know... this is what other teams think of you, so make them pay. Don't think for one minute I don't want to be the 1st to make a post about E-ville not making past whatever round in the play-offs while Jo Byrns is still playing, but I won't.

Make the most out of having tomorrow night off, then get prepared for 12 straight weeks of bringing the pain!!!

I have 2 opinions on the guys quote. With me being an alumni, former player, and fan that comes to every home game, this hit me a couple of ways. For the alumni and former player in me, this was kind of a slap in the face to the program that Coach Adkins started and I am proud to say I was there at the beginning of. He doesn't take stabbs like that and on many occasions in the Tennessean and Robertson Co. Times he has stated that whatever particular JB team that was beaten...got beat, out played, whatever. I have family and neighbors that play on this team and have followed them closely the past few years. So in a way...slap in my face. On the other hand, the fan in me would like to personally thank E-ville's coach for the comment. I don't know if I have heard this kind of locker room bulliten board material since Namath predicted a win in SuperBowl III on any level the game is played on. If this is not posted in the locker room or weight room, it ought to be. I would love to blow it up or even put it on t-shirts. Not only for motivation to plow through everyone they play, but to wear it as a badge, you know... this is what other teams think of you, so make them pay. Don't think for one minute I don't want to be the 1st to make a post about E-ville not making past whatever round in the play-offs while Jo Byrns is still playing, but I won't.

Make the most out of having tomorrow night off, then get prepared for 12 straight weeks of bringing the pain!!!

:rolleyes: could'nt have said it better myself :huh:

Our coach isnt trying to take anything away from you guys I mean take it is you will b/c you are going to do what you guys do anyway, but he even told us that they were the better team (that night) all he is saying is that if we played our game like we know we can play then the outcome would of been different. If anyone watches film they can see that we made a lot of mistakes (like reads and not staying on blocks and stuff like that), and when we made those mistakes then it was a good play for Jo Byrns but when we did what we do when we do it then it was a good play for us, that is all he is saying not that Jo Byrns stinks and they got lucky and this and that.

If any coach thought that they shouldnt or couldnt win a game then why would he even be a coach. I know I wouldnt want him as a coach.