Marion Co. 20 , Boyd Buchanan 17

BnL

Coach Bill49 how is practice going? Need to be ready to go on Friday. Which player was it that broke an arm or something in practice? Is he ok?

Freshmen player Davis broke his wrist during a JV game. The QB that was out during the Murphy game is Trey he looks good and ready to go. Also don't forget about Colt Taylor not playing at Murphy. He is also back and healthy and I am sure all the Warrior fan's are glad to see him back on the line. Good luck boys. My prediction MC by 6 late in the game just so the boys can prove that MC is not down and out like some may think.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#30 is only a sophmore, WOW! With a little more size he will be playing at next level (this is according to the game against SP). I will try to keep up with him throughout the season. Yes, most of the Valley teams and some of the best Chattanooga teams are very young. SP is mostly sophmores and juniors (especially at all the skill positions). I still say Boyd wins big. Boyd definitely has one of the toughest schedules in the state for their size.

BTW, who is #76 (I think that is his number)? During warmups he was on 2nd team DE. What grade is he and what is his height and weight? Thanks for the info Buc

PirateMike, 76 is a freshman. He is very big and will be a great player one day. His dad played for the Bills and Jets years ago. His dad is huge and solid as a rock. They have a great family. This is 76 first year to play so even though he has the size, he's a year or two away from really contributing. I think he will be a good one though.

Personally... I think that all of the Valley teams are down considerably from what they normally are. SP is probably the best of the Valley because of their speed, some good skill position players and coaching staff. Does that mean that I think they will run the table in the Valley???? No.... Because if you have followed Seq. Valley football for any length of time you know that each and every game is generally a dog-fight and any team can win on any given night.

As for this game.... I see two things coming into this game. Boyd is coming off a huge let down against SP and are troubled by an 0 - 2 record. Something that they haven't had in a while. Marion is coming off an embarrassing loss to Murphy but they have had two weeks to work on some things.

I think for Marion this game is all about what (if any) offensive changes they made during the break and who is healthy. Our starting QB (who missed the Murphy game) should be available to play. Will he be 100%? Will the offensive scheme be any different? Will the defense be ready to play? These are three key questions that only time will answer.

I still have to pull for my Warriors and I believe that they have worked the kinks out and will win this game. It will be a good one, though.

Yes, 0-2 is not the way we wanted to start. We got embarrased at CPA, sounds like our week 1 play was similar. We were happy with the improvement we made against SP. CPA is going to go far into the playoffs this year, maybe all the way. I don't see anyone in 1A that should stop SP. Friendship and Trousdale are always good though. We are very young and have some injuries. This is old news because we had significant injuries all last year.

Marion is always tough and we are preparing for a tough game. How did your QB get hurt? Would he have made up the difference in the Murphy game?

Ditka says Boyd is about to make Marion a muffin. Mark it down Marion will not get 150 yards of offense and they will be lucky to score once.

35-7 Ditka's boys take this one by a mile..

You guess are soo histerical Marion has no chance whatsoever!!!

GET READY TO OFFICIALLY BECOME A MUFFIN!!!

Please find another team to cheer for. You only antagonize our opponents and make a mockery out of our school. If your going to post, add something to the topic and quit acting like child.

INDIAN, can you do something with this guy?

Please find another team to cheer for. You only antagonize our opponents and make a mockery out of our school. If your going to post, add something to the topic and quit acting like child.

INDIAN, can you do something with this guy?

...Yeah, Indian put him on probation and told him he was on very thin ice :thumb:

TynerRamFan how do you think this game will go???

...In my earlier post I stated that I thought Boyd might pull this one out, however, the Jasper folks seem to think they have a chance this year especially since it's @ home...it was a 10 point game last year and the only thing I can say is the closer it is to the end of the game, the Warriors must be in control...Boyd is very 'crafty' and if you don't get up and stay up on them it is a good possibility that they will score before you know it...I think the big-play guy is Headden and he can turn a game around in a New-York-minute...Good luck and I'll be listening on 1370AM(ESPN) radio while I'm at Bob Evans Stadium watching the RamTrain!!!

Slim Jimmy says that Jasper doesn't have a chance. Murphy got beat this past week 52-6 by a 1a team in North Carolina. Slim Jimmy says that Murphy had Jasvegas down at the half 41-0. Slim Jimmy says that Boyd is a better team than Murphy. Slim Jimmy says he takes back his prediction earlier in the week about it being a close game and now Slim Jimmy says that Jasper is going to get spanked. They could be the "muffins" of the week after Boyd gets done with them.

Slim Jimmy says that Jasper doesn't have a chance. Murphy got beat this past week 52-6 by a 1a team in North Carolina. Slim Jimmy says that Murphy had Jasvegas down at the half 41-0. Slim Jimmy says that Boyd is a better team than Murphy. Slim Jimmy says he takes back his prediction earlier in the week about it being a close game and now Slim Jimmy says that Jasper is going to get spanked. They could be the "muffins" of the week after Boyd gets done with them.

I think anytime a Marion County team takes the field it has a chance to win. Will they have the most talented team or even the best team come Friday nite. I dont know. Yes Marion did lose to Murphy, and yes Murphy did lose this past week to Franklin. I think that the week off gives Marion time to improve and learn from what apparently went wrong in Murphy. And Jim, If you are going to quote scores and stuff such as that, you need to get it right. Murphy got beat 50-6 by Franklin which is a 3A school. Good luck to the Warriors .