Smyrna @ Wilson Central

jmu031

Their starting defense has only given up 14 point each of the last two games. The defense is playing pretty good right now. They have to get better each week to continue to be successful. Just wait and watch. The defense is going to start to impress you down the road.

I agree with you. Our second string defense has given up two TDs in the final minutes of the game. The starters have done a good job thus far.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

majors will have a good game he rushed for 160 yards agianst mj but it will be a close game or blowout.

central is improving though with new coach

go wildcats go

Half of that came on one run in the 4th quarter. HE is still a stud though. The only difference is that Smyrna's D will be better than MJ's D. I think it will be a tough night for the wildcat offense.

Smyrna wins 20-0. Great game by Smyrna even though the score doesn't indicate it.

Although everyone expected a high score from Smyrna, no one (not even me) thought they could shutout anybody besides maybe Blackman. That impressed me ten times more than if they would have put up 60 points.

I like the fact that we can now count on our defense to show up when our offense isn't at their best even though it seemed like they held back a bit. Before I wasn't too sure about the defense in low scoring affairs. Even though WC is not as good as last year, they were putting it to Smyrna on the ground. Their QB can really scramble.

We caused turnovers all night when WC was threatening. Forcing fumbles, 2 ints in one series (Wilks fumbled back to WC), and the occasional sack. Great game for the Smyrna defense. I think they really turned some heads after this game.

once again a pretty methodical win

smyrna goes up by 20 early in the game and wins by the same 20 to zero

wc pretty good on defense but really nothing on offense

hard team to blow out because they keep the ball on the ground and seem to pick up a 1st down or 2 every possesion. They had the ball about 10 minutes in the 3rd qtr!

Smyrna gets a big region w but still has not come close to playing their best game.

weird stat that also kept it close smyrna created 3 turnovers 2 ints and 1 fumble and fumbled all 3 back to wc during the returns!!