jmu031

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

once again a pretty methodical win

smyrna goes up by 20 early in the game and wins by the same 20 to zero

wc pretty good on defense but really nothing on offense

hard team to blow out because they keep the ball on the ground and seem to pick up a 1st down or 2 every possesion. They had the ball about 10 minutes in the 3rd qtr!

Smyrna gets a big region w but still has not come close to playing their best game.

weird stat that also kept it close smyrna created 3 turnovers 2 ints and 1 fumble and fumbled all 3 back to wc during the returns!!

yea it was weird. I've never seen that happen before

Congrads to Smyrna. They brought a good team to WC and capitalized on turnovers like a good team does. I think Central's defense played good and really played good in the second half. Three big plays come to mind for Smyrna, (1) long pass down to the 1 on 4th and 10, (2) interception returned to the 5 yard line and (3) shovel pass when Central's defense was coming hard. These set up all of the scores and Smyrna did a great job on scoring when they had the oportunity. Otherwise the defense played GREAT to stopl Smyrna's offense. Gray and Wilks are great players and derserve the talk they get. I thought Hardy did a good job on checking Wilks most of the night.

Central's concern is the offense has to stop the turnovers and cut up field for yards. Too much dancing in the backfield by the young running backs. We also miss our tall receivers.

The only negative I saw to the game (other then too much trash talking) was Smyrna's coach leaving the starting offense in with 2:00 min to play and throwing the ball. That is not class football trying to pad stats. Even going for a touchdown on 4 down instead of the fieldgoal. But the Wildcat defense stepped up. They wanted to make a statement and they did. That is going to get Gray hurt when he is in there unnessary. I remember last year's game when the Coach kept Gray in the game when he was on a real bad ankle and we finally knocked him out of the game. That could end a very talented player's year. It is a long season and Smyrna will need him all year.

Again, congrads to Smyrna and I think you are the team to beat in the Region. The game against Riverdale should be great one. As for the Wildcats, we will regroup and come back in 2 weeks agains Oakland.

GO WILDCATS - KEEP YOUR HEADS HIGH!

when your offense struggled like smyrna did in the second half and you have a chance to drive down and score to get some rhythm and confidence back you do it

this is big boy 5a football and smyrna is playing for the top spot and smyrnas only concern right now is smyrna

i am sure it was nothing personal and wc did a good job on the goal line but as i said smyrna is going to do what will help smyrna and if you don't want them to score you do what wc did and stop them! it wasn't like it was 40 to zero or something.

I think you got at least a glimpse of what smyrna has on offense and when the get it all together it will be hard to stop

when your offense struggled like smyrna did in the second half and you have a chance to drive down and score to get some rhythm and confidence back you do it

this is big boy 5a football and smyrna is playing for the top spot and smyrnas only concern right now is smyrna

i am sure it was nothing personal and wc did a good job on the goal line but as i said smyrna is going to do what will help smyrna and if you don't want them to score you do what wc did and stop them! it wasn't like it was 40 to zero or something.

I think you got at least a glimpse of what smyrna has on offense and when the get it all together it will be hard to stop

what I saw was that if you hit Smyrna's offense in the mouth ( good job #24), they will get nervous and almost lay down. WC popped them in the mouth pretty good, and Smyrna had a hard time responding when WC started hitting.

what I saw was that if you hit Smyrna's offense in the mouth ( good job #24), they will get nervous and almost lay down. WC popped them in the mouth pretty good, and Smyrna had a hard time responding when WC started hitting.

Smyrna just didn't play as agressive on offense as the usually do. Once they had that 20 point lead, they put it in cruise control the second half.

Any person that has anything to do with Lavergne or had anything to do with them shouldnt be on here talking.. maybe you should go tell A-Rod to quit throwing the ball to the other team... Smyrna never layed down last night.. WC just had some good stops.. they are not a bad team at all.. Just to much east and west on O and no north and south. but when they did run up feild they did pretty good.. but hey you worry bout your "Wolverines" and we will worry bout our Bulldogs.. 3-0(2-0) doesnt sound like a team that has layed down..

Any person that has anything to do with Lavergne or had anything to do with them shouldnt be on here talking.. maybe you should go tell A-Rod to quit throwing the ball to the other team... Smyrna never layed down last night.. WC just had some good stops.. they are not a bad team at all.. Just to much east and west on O and no north and south. but when they did run up feild they did pretty good.. but hey you worry bout your "Wolverines" and we will worry bout our Bulldogs.. 3-0(2-0) doesnt sound like a team that has layed down..

you are mistaken......Lebanon High School, class of '79. good try though

you all are right, smyrna's offense did not play well. if you noticed antoine hendricks only had three carries on the night. he also only played defense part time during the first half. You take away a piece of the offense like him (he was hurt in practice) it can cause some problems. This is taking nothing away from wilson central players. they played hard and did well. smyrna's offense will get rolling though. remeber, it is not good to peak early in the season. it is good to see there are things to fix and correct. I have a feeling there will be a battle between lebanon, wc, and oakland for the last two playoff spots.

i would like to note that smyrna's D played great. They shut down some really good skill players. majors and #5 can take the ball to the house anytime they touch it so i don't blame coach shad for trying to put the game away with 3:00 left.

it's part of football.