Centennial @ Independence

zoosee12

To anyone who has seen Indy play, how does Cordell compare with the elite QB's from region 6-5a of the past few years (Jennings, Mikruit, Solima, etc.)?

Cordell has the best passing touch I have seent from a HS QB. His throws are effortless, but he can put zip on the ball. He's not mobile like Jennings was, but a better passer. Two completely different QB types. He is just a junior so he will only get better.

In the times I have met him he has been very humble, almost shy. His quote in the paper today really sums up how he is fitting in with his Indy team mates. <b>"We are the most excited team in the state", Independence Quarterback Zach Cordell said. "We were 1-9 last season, so to be 3-0, we can't help but to feel like this." </b> Notice he said WE. He wasn't even at IHS, but said WE. Zach is fitting in just fine.

After suffering through the 1-9 season last year it is very noticable how much more together this team is. The kids seem to get along on the sidelines. Of course winning helps that. However the coaching staff has worked hard to get them to gel together as a team and it started the day after the season ended last year. This team turned into gym rats and busted their tails to get bigger, faster and stronger and it is paying dividends. They are much more disciplined this year and the addition of Coach Bobby (can't spell his last name, sorry) and Coach Felts has helped here. There is no detail too small. This season is going to be fun for Indy and teams better not take them lightly.

Edited by tnsparty

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the feedback. I got to see all those quarterbacks play, but it was usually as a biased Centennial student, so I didn't ever analyze their game. BDD, I always enjoy your opinion and analysis. Just for fun, if you could have any WilCo QB, post-Austin Everson, who would you pick?

Thanks for the feedback. I got to see all those quarterbacks play, but it was usually as a biased Centennial student, so I didn't ever analyze their game. BDD, I always enjoy your opinion and analysis. Just for fun, if you could have any WilCo QB, post-Austin Everson, who would you pick?

Well the best sophomore QB I saw in Williamson Co. was a littlte guy(from Centennial) by the name of Bates. When he didn't return as QB his junior year, and his team that had great talent didn't go to the spread offense, I started dogging the bone. No telling what he could have done!

As amazing as TC Jennings was last year, my pick would be Matt Solima.

Well the best sophomore QB I saw in Williamson Co. was a littlte guy(from Centennial) by the name of Bates. When he didn't return as QB his junior year, and his team that had great talent didn't go to the spread offense, I started dogging the bone. No telling what he could have done!

As amazing as TC Jennings was last year, my pick would be Matt Solima.

Phillip Bates is the one of the purest athletes and hardest working people I've ever met. He is the only Centennial player to have his number retired.

Yeah Jared was phenomenal. 6-4, 4.7 forty and incredibly elusive. He could hit almost every pass too, but Page lacked receivers (outside of the ocassional Cass Leathem/Edwin Andrews big play). Of all the QBs to play in this county in the past couple years (Jennings, Solima, Mikrut, even Eversen) he received the offer from the best school while he was the only one playing at the 3A level. Interesting.

Yeah Jared was phenomenal. 6-4, 4.7 forty and incredibly elusive. He could hit almost every pass too, but Page lacked receivers (outside of the ocassional Cass Leathem/Edwin Andrews big play). Of all the QBs to play in this county in the past couple years (Jennings, Solima, Mikrut, even Eversen) he received the offer from the best school while he was the only one playing at the 3A level. Interesting.

Elliott would tell you, that he had a couple of coaches at Page that really worked hard behind the scenes to get him that scholarship to Miami (OH). They got him to Nike Combines his Junior and Senior year. They sent ton of film to all the major colleges. Miami was the only one that came back and said we want this guy now. Plus, Elliott has family members that live in Ohio and it worked out perfectly. Right now, he is recovering from a shoulder injury and is at the third string QB. But, once his arm has totaly healed he will be back pushing for #1 on their depth chart. After the performance this past week against Northwestern, he could have a shot at the top spot.

• 2 weeks later...