Bell Glades FL Vs Byrnes SC

Purple & Gold Standard

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching a more local broadcast of the team and hearing the stuff ESPN would never talk about in great detail got me interested in how they operate. Here's their official team site.

They operate about like I thought they would. Successful people, teams, organizations always intreague me, and this team seems to be no different that any others. Actually, I'd say they take it to the next level. After looking through their website, I'm not surprised at all that they are such a powerhouse.

Edited by Solomon

This is slightly off topic but I went down to the South Panola (MS) game versus their big rival Clarksdale and I was equally unimpressed with the performance there. Panola was huge and had some obvious talent on the field but the discipline just wasn't what you would expect from a nationally ranked football team. I think it just goes to show you that there really is no logical way to rank the 25 best football teams in the country -- there are too many teams and too many games to watch for one guy to slop together a top 25. To cut corners they generally look at a team's past credentials which don't have anything to do with the team on the field.

south panola had players with injuries that game who sat out, many positions were being played by second stringers who had never started a varsity game before. there are only 12 seniors on the sp squad, the rest are primarily juniors.

Maybe Germantown can give South Panola a run for its money this year. I know SP won handily last year, but Germantown is one of the few Memphis programs I would want representing Tennessee in a matchup with Mississippi's finest. Maybe GHS can play good defense against SP like they did against JCM last Friday.

south panola began removing starters during the second quarter...

they handily beat germantown 41 to 7