RHEA -VS- HIXSON

7mm

HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION... HOW FAR AHEAD OR BEHIND IN A GAME DO YOU NEED TO BE TO PUT YOUR SECOND STRINGERS IN THE GAME TO GET THEM SOME GAME EXPERIENCE AND NOT TAKE A CHANCE ON GETTING YOUR STARTERS HURT. I ONLY ASK BECAUSE OF THE POINT DIFFERENCE IN RHEA'S GAME AGAINST THE OWLS LAST WEEK WHERE THE ENTIRE FOURTH QUARTER THER WAS NO HOPE OF A COMEBACK.

should we have put our subs in?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hixson has more than just a good RB. Their senior QB is also a good FS. Their senior WR Greg Rivers is a great SS. Their DE leads the city in sacks. Their senior LB Eric Gillespie is a hard runner at FB, and was one of the best LB in the city last year. Hopefully DT Fred McDonald will be back healthy this week, the guy is a monster. He benches 350, squats 550. Hes a double team machine.

How many from Hixson are going both ways?

should we have put our subs in?

I was referring to Rhea's subs. And yes, I think you should have put your subs in. Not all at once of course. Just one or two at a time so you don't break the momentum of your team. I don't care how much you practice, there is no substitute for game experience.

I was referring to Rhea's subs. And yes, I think you should have put your subs in. Not all at once of course. Just one or two at a time so you don't break the momentum of your team. I don't care how much you practice, there is no substitute for game experience.

MAYBE NEXT YEAR WE CAN PUT OUR FRESHMEN TEAM IN THE 4TH QUARTER. THANKS COACH

How many from Hixson are going both ways?

Lots of them do. Sadly, no conditioning can condition not to wear down over the course of a game either. The ole ball coach has always talked on platooning, but coming from Lookout Valley, he has that, "The best 11 men for the job will play." This works for the early season, but over the course of six or seven games, many people will be playing with injuries and a few will even be out with injuries.

I bet Hixson has 8 players going both ways including the QB which is begging for disaster. Cantrell,Addison,Hardy,Rivers,Gillespie,Mitchell are the 6 best players and all go both ways..The key matchup is gonna be up front. Hixson is undersized, Rhea is usually pretty big and physical

Yeah your guys freahmen team is good from what I seen monday night. I know Rhea County's freshmen are one of the best group of kids in the schools history but monday night was a little ugly

I wouldn't call Rhea County's freshman team one of the best in history, probably not even close. If your best freshmen team gets beat 33 to 12, I would hate to see the others. Ooltewah has a very tallented freshman team. One monster of a back and another speedster.

what was the freshmen ooltewah vs rhea score?

It wasn't very pretty from what I've heard..33-12?...Not for sure....Anyways...back to what this threads supposed to be about--the Rhea/Hixson game. Hixson has some speed, and has up to this point dominated their opponents (they might as well be playing middle schoolers, but a wins a win). Our boys are going to come out determined tonight after the poor showing at Ooltewah. I think they know how important this region win will be. I expect about 26-10 Rhea County....I'm probably looking through green and gold goggles, but I've just got a good gut feeling.