Milan @ Gibson Co.

GCPioneer

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No upset in this one. We caught a couple more of vincents passes then his own recievers did. Lydale played much better tonight. I believe he threw for 3 tds. Morris and Jackson came out calling the pass alot. A couple of the underclassmen showed the future of the program. Soph. Tristan Peoples made a great catch on a 35 yd fade jumping over the corner and taking it away then he showed his speed when he chased down cunningham. JW Williams showed out again tonight, before the season ends there will be alot of talk about this young man. He got the scoring started when he took a flanker screen from Wells about 50 yards in. Then he had TD run of about 40 yds. And should have had another when he took a punt off a bounce running sideways and darted through 5 red shirts bounced it outside and outran everyone else 75 yds before it was called back on a penalty away from the play. Milan was laying licks and blocking till the wistle every play. We played with a lot more intensity than we did last week. GC had 1 first down just before half and 3 yards total offense. Cunningham had neg. 9 at the half and less than that when he broke the run against second string late in the second half. This is a much better team than a lot of people probably thought after last week. Given we did play a bad GC team we look like we've gotten things straightened out.

No upset in this one. We caught a couple more of vincents passes then his own recievers did. Lydale played much better tonight. I believe he threw for 3 tds. Morris and Jackson came out calling the pass alot. A couple of the underclassmen showed the future of the program. Soph. Tristan Peoples made a great catch on a 35 yd fade jumping over the corner and taking it away then he showed his speed when he chased down cunningham. JW Williams showed out again tonight, before the season ends there will be alot of talk about this young man. He got the scoring started when he took a flanker screen from Wells about 50 yards in. Then he had TD run of about 40 yds. And should have had another when he took a punt off a bounce running sideways and darted through 5 red shirts bounced it outside and outran everyone else 75 yds before it was called back on a penalty away from the play. Milan was laying licks and blocking till the wistle every play. We played with a lot more intensity than we did last week. GC had 1 first down just before half and 3 yards total offense. Cunningham had neg. 9 at the half and less than that when he broke the run against second string late in the second half. This is a much better team than a lot of people probably thought after last week. Given we did play a bad GC team we look like we've gotten things straightened out.

Yeah, JW is the real deal and only a sophomore.

I expect the Bulldogs to make a deep playoff run.

I see now why Argo left to be an assistant at Trenton. GC only runs two plays. Cunningham to the left and Cunningham to the right. That doesn't work against good teams.

Yeah, JW is the real deal and only a sophomore.

I expect the Bulldogs to make a deep playoff run.

I see now why Argo left to be an assistant at Trenton. GC only runs two plays. Cunningham to the left and Cunningham to the right. That doesn't work against good teams.

do u realize how young this team is this year ? this is vincents first year at qb...when minyard was qb in his first year he was the same exact way...this was only vincents third game at qb...im not makin excuses but i give props to milan...best of luck to milan in the rest of the season :ph34r:

The talent is just two totally different levels. I mean kids at the bottom of our depth chart would start for GC. They just don't have talent that the other teams in the region do. If those kids ever want to win it's gonna have to start in the weight room in the off season. You can't compete being no bigger or stronger than they are.

Upset?? yea there must have been some upset people after this game?!?!?!? what is gibson co gona do...everyone knows where the ball is going....i listend to part of this game and from what i heard cunningham was running soft and even if vincent was able to throw the ball down the field he didnt have time to get it off.....whats in the game plan for the pioneers now that everyone has figured out their O....do they have anyone working with the QBs at GC....i saw vincent play against F-ware and hes a good size QB hes just lacking some things that it seems to me a coach would teach em

The talent is just two totally different levels. I mean kids at the bottom of our depth chart would start for GC. They just don't have talent that the other teams in the region do. If those kids ever want to win it's gonna have to start in the weight room in the off season. You can't compete being no bigger or stronger than they are.

I have to agree. GC looks like they haven't been lifting weights like other teams have been doing.