Fayette Ware at McNairy Central

BlueNation07

I don't know what battle you saw Friday night! The only thing I saw was a sloppy football game played by two very bad teams!!!

That is the point I was making. Adamsville was very bad in its first game under the new coaching staff. Take away the mental mistakes and the score is closer to 24- 8. Both teams have alot to improve on in the coming weeks if they want to be competitive.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you watch the same game I did? The first half was a battle but after McNairy got their heads on straight, it got ugly. And those two scores you are talkin about....that was McNairy's JV. The tailback is fine. This a very underestimated team and I think they are in store for a great season.

Since when did Browder become the QB for JV. If you say so on the Tailback. If the bobcats where so good the score should have been 60- 0. I mean they spotted you 24 points on direct turnovers. Tak away your "JV" bomb by Browder and The core is only 14-8. I say agian I give the bobcats all of the credit in the world for winning the game, but if they play like that next week they could get beat by 3 td. I do wish The bobcats a good season, but they have a lot of work.

That is the point I was making. Adamsville was very bad in its first game under the new coaching staff. Take away the mental mistakes and the score is closer to 24- 8. Both teams have alot to improve on in the coming weeks if they want to be competitive.

I agree! I think Brandon will get it turned around in time! What was the deal with not blowing the whistle until the kid from A'ville ran the fumble back about 95 yards? It would be nice if A'ville started a streak of wins against selmer high school. Will try to see a game at the end of the year to see how much they improve.

I agree! I think Brandon will get it turned around in time! What was the deal with not blowing the whistle until the kid from A'ville ran the fumble back about 95 yards? It would be nice if A'ville started a streak of wins against selmer high school. Will try to see a game at the end of the year to see how much they improve.

There never was a whistle and then they were going to reset the ball with the kid still on the field with the ball. I do not think the refs even knew what was going on. They also gave the bobcats 4 time outs in the first half and allowed an engaged tackle to be cut blocked all night long. NOt that these plays made any difference on the outcome. I just like talking about the refs.

Did you watch the same game I did? The first half was a battle but after McNairy got their heads on straight, it got ugly. And those two scores you are talkin about....that was McNairy's JV. The tailback is fine. This a very underestimated team and I think they are in store for a great season.

are you saying that mcnairy had the JV actually on the field in a varsity game!!!! that is a shocker. Browder usually keeps the starters in to score as many points as possible.

Wonder how many Shelby County residents play for Fayette-Ware? It would not surprise me to hear that several Wildcats really reside in Big Shelby.

No, I am just kidding. The F-W coach would never, ever do anything illegal or against the rules.

Fayette-Ware will win 24-14.

Coach Thompson is going to have to deal with these types of allegations for the rest of his coaching career. I think he realizes this. The more they win, the more people will cry fowl. This is just the tip of the iceberg because his team IS going to win a lot of games.

I looked in the CoachT and the TSSAA databases to get a feel for Adamsville and McNairy Central since I am a City of Memphis guy and I don't know anything about those teams. I found out that Adamsville is a 2A team that won 1 game last year. McNairy barely beat them last year as well, 6-0. You can trace the schedules on CoachT back to the 2001 season ... and the Adamsville/McNairy Central game is the season opener for both teams with McNairy winning all of these games back to 2001. The only thing I have to go on for the up and coming 2006 season is the margin of victory in those season opening games. Back in 2001, when McNairy went 11-1, they beat Adamsville 54-0. In 2002 when McNairy went 9-3, they beat Adamsville 46-6. In 2003 McNairy went 6-5 and beat Adamsville 39-14. In 2004 McNairy went 6-5 and beat Adamsville 33-7. In 2005 McNairy went 3-7 and beat Adamsville 6-0. This year in 2006, McNairy beat Adamsville 48-8. Looking at this data alone, I think that McNairy has a better team then last year. Fayette Ware has won its 1st two games this year. The first game they beat Gibson County, a 2A team out of region 7, who is currently 1-1. The other team is Westside, a 2A team out of region 8 who is currently 0-2. Fayette Ware beat Gibson 51-13, and Westside 29-0. Neither Fayette Ware nor McNairy Central have played tough competition as of yet. Gibson County is probably the toughest of the 3. This data only tells me that FW is a little more battle tested then McNairy, and that's about it. They both have good opening season games against schools in lower classifications who are traditionally weak teams. Adamsville isn't any good, neither is Westside or Gibson Co. Gibson County won 4 games last year, 2 games in 2004, and prior to that ... they were winless back to 2001. Westside is similar, winless last year, one win in 2004, and so on and so forth. Let's not kid ourselves ... Fayette Ware nor has McNairy played any decent competition. They beat teams they were supposed to beat. This game is going to be crucial for both schools because it is a region game in a region where every playoff position will be hard fought to get.

Who will win is debateable at this point. I think McNairy is better then they were last year, but then again, I think Fayette Ware is just as good, if not better themselves. This will be a good game.

Edited by kwc

Since when did Browder become the QB for JV. If you say so on the Tailback. If the bobcats where so good the score should have been 60- 0. I mean they spotted you 24 points on direct turnovers. Tak away your "JV" bomb by Browder and The core is only 14-8. I say agian I give the bobcats all of the credit in the world for winning the game, but if they play like that next week they could get beat by 3 td. I do wish The bobcats a good season, but they have a lot of work.

Browder is not the JV QB but the receivers and part of the line were not starters. And all this stuff about how the turnovers would change the game...of course they would. Turnovers are just as much a part of football as touchdowns and field goals. It takes a defense to cause turnovers. I'm not saying McNairy is great, but they are in for a good season. They have a ton of things to work on before they head to the playoffs but I know that Coach Browder will get them where they need to be.

Well,that wasn't the only thing that hurt us,turnovers kill.As upset as I am to see us lose another battle to the 'Cats I wish them luck for the remainder of the year.

On F-W/MC Game:

Surprise,Surprise!Fayette-Ware without a doubt has one of the most athletic teams in West TN.But you can't overlook Reece and Browder for McNairy,I think it'll be close for a while but then the athleticism pays off for Fayette-Ware....Fayette-Ware wins again 28-21.

Coach Thompson is going to have to deal with these types of allegations for the rest of his coaching career. I think he realizes this. The more they win, the more people will cry fowl. This is just the tip of the iceberg because his team IS going to win a lot of games.

I looked in the CoachT and the TSSAA databases to get a feel for Adamsville and McNairy Central since I am a City of Memphis guy and I don't know anything about those teams. I found out that Adamsville is a 2A team that won 1 game last year. McNairy barely beat them last year as well, 6-0. You can trace the schedules on CoachT back to the 2001 season ... and the Adamsville/McNairy Central game is the season opener for both teams with McNairy winning all of these games back to 2001. The only thing I have to go on for the up and coming 2006 season is the margin of victory in those season opening games. Back in 2001, when McNairy went 11-1, they beat Adamsville 54-0. In 2002 when McNairy went 9-3, they beat Adamsville 46-6. In 2003 McNairy went 6-5 and beat Adamsville 39-14. In 2004 McNairy went 6-5 and beat Adamsville 33-7. In 2005 McNairy went 3-7 and beat Adamsville 6-0. This year in 2006, McNairy beat Adamsville 48-8. Looking at this data alone, I think that McNairy has a better team then last year. Fayette Ware has won its 1st two games this year. The first game they beat Gibson County, a 2A team out of region 7, who is currently 1-1. The other team is Westside, a 2A team out of region 8 who is currently 0-2. Fayette Ware beat Gibson 51-13, and Westside 29-0. Neither Fayette Ware nor McNairy Central have played tough competition as of yet. Gibson County is probably the toughest of the 3. This data only tells me that FW is a little more battle tested then McNairy, and that's about it. They both have good opening season games against schools in lower classifications who are traditionally weak teams. Adamsville isn't any good, neither is Westside or Gibson Co. Gibson County won 4 games last year, 2 games in 2004, and prior to that ... they were winless back to 2001. Westside is similar, winless last year, one win in 2004, and so on and so forth. Let's not kid ourselves ... Fayette Ware nor has McNairy played any decent competition. They beat teams they were supposed to beat. This game is going to be crucial for both schools because it is a region game in a region where every playoff position will be hard fought to get.

Who will win is debateable at this point. I think McNairy is better then they were last year, but then again, I think Fayette Ware is just as good, if not better themselves. This will be a good game.

Rumor has it that Thompson is playing an 8th Grader and they have to forfit the 2 wins that they have.