Volunteer @ Morristown West 9/1

Dippy944

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, what should one expect for the Trojans' home opener against Volunteer? Any intel out there on Volunteer?

Love the Chris Farley clip!! Saw it live on SNL!!

Volunteer can't be good. They were talking about whipping the Sullivan North Raiders, gave them no chance.. and lost 21-7. That was to a Raider team that looked like a Middle School Team against Sullivan South in the Jamboree... same South Team that go stomped by DB 44-0 and gained 37 total offensive yards all night.

My guess is... whatever Mo West wants the score to be, that's what it will be.

Edited by ArtVandalay

Love the Chris Farley clip!! Saw it live on SNL!!

Thanks - obviously a fave of mine as well.

Don't know a thing about Volunteer - I heard that "26-0" was taped on the mats of the gym last year when MWest visited - some of the guys are still chapped.

What should we look for from Volunteer? Offense/Defense? Maybe the "guru" can shed some light?

In a van, down on the river!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matt Foley: Young man what do you wanna do with your life?

Son: Well actually, Matt, I kinda wanna be a writer.

Matt Foley: Well loddy-freakin'-dah! We got ourselves a writer here! Hey, Dad, I can't see too good is that Bill Shakespeare over there?

Mo Buck, thanks for the report. I believe "recruitguru" is the mother of Volunteer's QB - any word?

recruitguru is the mother of Sullivan North's QB. He is a fine player and she is a good mother and big supporter of High School football in this area. (from what I have read on CoachT) I noticed some of the Volunteer fans made fun of her comments about the jamboree game. Turns out she new what she was talking about. :blink:

Mo West - 54

Volunteer - 12

I have to wonder about the program at Volunteer. The freshmen game against them has been cancelled because they were not able to get on the practice field early (that is the reason given to the players). Anytime you have problems with the feeder team, the historical success of the varsity and belief in the future has to be questioned.

I know that West has handled Volunteer easily for the most part and see no reason that will not be the case this year. Again, just judging from years past and the problem with the freshmen game. I have not seen Volunteer, but seeing the score from their first game does not make me believe they will hang with West.

I think Volunteer will give a good game to Morristown West, They played tough and are very much improved over prior years. They have a much better coaching staff than they ever have had since I have been around. Much class and knowlege. A young team with a good future. Thanks guys for the cool posts. I get picked at by kids and others on here but its all in good fun in Love of Da Game, I only get mad when people get really rude. Thats all. I am a Mom and female that has raised that football player by myself, so yeah we females tend to get testy every once in a while. But most of the kids like Barlow, John Stallard, Tim Crowe and Brian Morelock know me well and know I support all of them. Competition is just the fun of it. Good luck to all kids. I am the one that rings the giant raider bell that you can here for miles lol. Love yas

P. S. I have boys just about on all the areas teams lol. They all played together when they were little or camp together. I have been a team mom for a long time and they all become your younguns regardless of the team they play for. Brian Morelock, Stallard,Crowe from Vounteer, Barlow in Track, Marchez Barnes at Db, Camp, Josh Hughes at Central, Used to be liebowitz and crowe at south, Danny Thomas at Tennessee High used to belong to us at Ketron and North Freshman year, Unicoi boys from track, Happy valley, Jessee Richardson. So yeah, Db prior graduates, Terrance Maxwell and Jamaar Hardy at Bloomingdale County league on our team. So See I love them all.

Edited by recruitguru