Volunteer @ Morristown West 9/1

Dippy944

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the volunteer vs. North game.

Volunteers offense is incredibly weak, they have no big time players. Cradic keeps cool until he gets hit a few times, then gets knocked out of sync. Sack Cradic in the beginning of the game, and I won't expect volunteer to score a single time. Their running game, shane barlow, isn't a very big threat.

Their defense is alright, but not comparable to that of Morristown West's.

Morristown West: 42

Volunteer: 6

our offense isn`t weak! we ran the same 4 plays over and over. I wouldn`t talk to much about us after you barely beat Rutledge.

Love the Chris Farley clip!! Saw it live on SNL!!

Volunteer can't be good. They were talking about whipping the Sullivan North Raiders, gave them no chance.. and lost 21-7. That was to a Raider team that looked like a Middle School Team against Sullivan South in the Jamboree... same South Team that go stomped by DB 44-0 and gained 37 total offensive yards all night.

My guess is... whatever Mo West wants the score to be, that's what it will be.

Freaky things can happen, though. In 2001, West went to Newport and lost to Cocke Co. 21-14 ... two weeks later, the Trojans handed Maryville a homecoming loss. Fumbles, INTs, and too many personal fouls can spell disaster for a team on any given night.

Safe journeys for everyone from Church Hill. See you at Burke-Toney!

Roll, Trojans!

our offense isn`t weak! we ran the same 4 plays over and over. I wouldn`t talk to much about us after you barely beat Rutledge.

I don't think our offense is weak either. I think we just got a little one dimensional. I'm assuming the 4 plays you are talking about are Cradic left, Cradic right, Cradic pass and Cradic punt. It's time to get some of those backs a little more involved. Our line seems capable of doing a little blocking and it would make Cradic more dangerous. If we had ran at North a little more than we did they would have wore down in the second half and we could have won that game.

In the scrimmages that I saw we looked like we had quite a few weapons and a good line to block for them. Hopefully we will run the ball this week just to try and control the clock and slow West down a little bit. I don't think it will give us a chance this week but I do think it would help us realize we don't have to be one player oriented. We might find out we can run the ball a little. Keiths a heck of an athlete but thats asking to much of him. Just ask South fans and they would tell you the same thing about their fine QB. DB dominated them because South was one-dimensional, that and the fact that they couldn't snap the ball. This week could be a good learning experience for the whole team and all of us Falcon fans.

Edited by DandDD