McCallie/Baylor

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Potter isn't going anywhere. For those of you who've been hearing things, let it go. It seems that everyone bringing this stuff up isn't even close to the program. Coach Potter will be at McCallie until he retires. Besides, he wouldn't make a lateral move. If he did leave, it would be for a major college program. You guys are a bunch of fools to think he would leave McCallie for another high school.

McCallie to BA, a "lateral move"!!!!!!!! I suppose if swapping coaching assignments was the limit of your perspective, you might describe it as lateral. But if you're comparing a move like that in totality, you need to look up "lateral move".

What's interesting about this whole nonissue is how a couple of Ooltewah affianados who presumably live in "greater" Ooltewah area have been able to ferret out a piece of news that has miraculously escaped the attention of the BA community. It just might be that imaowl and sargeant owl are actually Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein. The talent demonstrated on this board constantly amazes.

Oh yeah, the important stuff. Cooper had a great game but as good as the guy is, he can't carry the whole program playing both sides of the line. When the adenaline and stamina ran out on the Baylor side, the better team prevailed.

Edited by uncfan13

McCallie to BA, a "lateral move"!!!!!!!! I suppose if swapping coaching assignments was the limit of your perspective, you might describe it as lateral. But if you're comparing a move like that in totality, you need to look up "lateral move".

What's interesting about this whole nonissue is how a couple of Ooltewah affianados who presumably live in "greater" Ooltewah area have been able to ferret out a piece of news that has miraculously escaped the attention of the BA community. It just might be that imaowl and sargeant owl are actually Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein. The talent demonstrated on this board constantly amazes.

Oh yeah, the important stuff. Cooper had a great game but as good as the guy is, he can't carry the whole program playing both sides of the line. When the adenaline and stamina ran out on the Baylor side, the better team prevailed.

Thanks unc, I did look up lateral move. It is defined as an automated irrigation machine consisting of a sprinkler line supported by a number of self-propelled towers. I was hoping a guy like you could figure out that it is a figure of speech in this context. A lateral move, as in side to side or reverse. Or, if this helps a little bit, a move from one high school to another. Or perhaps a college coach to a different college. You might consider a "forward" move as a high school coach moving up to a college or a college coach moving up to the NFL. I was trying to make the point that, imo, Potter would leave McCallie to move up (college) rather than switch high schools. If the BA rumor is true, they must be doubling his salary; as I'm sure he is compensated very well for his services at McCallie.

Thanks unc, I did look up lateral move. It is defined as an automated irrigation machine consisting of a sprinkler line supported by a number of self-propelled towers. I was hoping a guy like you could figure out that it is a figure of speech in this context. A lateral move, as in side to side or reverse. Or, if this helps a little bit, a move from one high school to another. Or perhaps a college coach to a different college. You might consider a "forward" move as a high school coach moving up to a college or a college coach moving up to the NFL. I was trying to make the point that, imo, Potter would leave McCallie to move up (college) rather than switch high schools. If the BA rumor is true, they must be doubling his salary; as I'm sure he is compensated very well for his services at McCallie.

By describing moving from McCallie to BA as a lateral move, you diss McCallie and flatter BA.

By describing moving from McCallie to BA as a lateral move, you diss McCallie and flatter BA.

Well, that was not my intention. I didn't mean for you to interpret it like that. I was merely suggesting that Potter would only leave McCallie if a college opportunity presented itself. I do not believe he would leave to go to another high school; unless they made an offer that was too good to be true. That's all I was saying...

I know for a fact that he is going... When the time comes I want apologies...... Its a done deal! I'm not trying to start anything. Just stating the truth. Yes, it stinks but it is the truth. I kept my mouth shut for 3 months now.

OK, then step up and give us the details. I mean, since you have the facts? I'd like to hear them.

Now back to the game...

I realized that Baylor was doing a good job of ball control the first half, but I did not realize until it was reported on the news that McCallie only ran 8 plays the first half. And had 3 tDs in those 8 plays. That is quite a stat. I have said it several times and I still believe that in order to beat McCallie, someone is going to have to put a bunch of points on the board. I do not see anyone with an offense that can keep up with McCallie.

On another note, BJ Coleman is awfully good but Dozier and Bradford certainly make him even better. Not a slap at BJ, I am just saying that they have some special talent, in addition to BJ, on this team.

Can you believe the time of possession for Baylor in the first half. That is unbelievable, but hey, McCallie only needs a second or two to score. You are right, about the receivers. When a QB has a supporting cast like Coleman does, it sure helps, but your receivers also have to have a QB that can make the reads, and get the ball to them.