McCallie/Baylor

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCallie to BA, a "lateral move"!!!!!!!! I suppose if swapping coaching assignments was the limit of your perspective, you might describe it as lateral. But if you're comparing a move like that in totality, you need to look up "lateral move".

What's interesting about this whole nonissue is how a couple of Ooltewah affianados who presumably live in "greater" Ooltewah area have been able to ferret out a piece of news that has miraculously escaped the attention of the BA community. It just might be that imaowl and sargeant owl are actually Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein. The talent demonstrated on this board constantly amazes.

Oh yeah, the important stuff. Cooper had a great game but as good as the guy is, he can't carry the whole program playing both sides of the line. When the adenaline and stamina ran out on the Baylor side, the better team prevailed.

There is an NFL secondary coach, Canadian Football League offensive coordinator, Head Coach from large high school in Texas, Head Coach from large high school in Alabama among others that are applying for the job. I understand that a motivating factor for the Texas and Alabama Coaches is the same thing that motivated Nissan North America to move their headquarters from Los Angles to Nashville - living in Nashville/Williamson County. This would not motivate a life long resident of Chattanooga coaching at his school. With all due respect, trust me when I tell you that BA's interest in Coach Potter (66-35 at McCallie) is probably indentical to Coach Potter's interest in BA.

There is an NFL secondary coach, Canadian Football League offensive coordinator, Head Coach from large high school in Texas, Head Coach from large high school in Alabama among others that are applying for the job. I understand that a motivating factor for the Texas and Alabama Coaches is the same thing that motivated Nissan North America to move their headquarters from Los Angles to Nashville - living in Nashville/Williamson County. This would not motivate a life long resident of Chattanooga coaching at his school. With all due respect, trust me when I tell you that BA's interest in Coach Potter (66-35 at McCallie) is probably indentical to Coach Potter's interest in BA.

What motivated Nissan was an annual decrease in operating expenses and state taxes of almost $100 million. I could see from Ralph's standpoint that the less rigorous entrance standards and drawing from a 1.2 million population base would be attractive.

What motivated Nissan was an annual decrease in operating expenses and state taxes of almost $100 million. I could see from Ralph's standpoint that the less rigorous entrance standards and drawing from a 1.2 million population base would be attractive.

Sounds like you know something unc? Is this Coach Potter's last year at McCallie. A straight answer would be nice.

That was one of the things that motivated Nissan, but that has nothing to do with something that would motivate an out of town high school coach. Nissan could have moved to Memphis, Knoxville or Chattanooga and enjoyed the tax breaks. The quality of life factors that Williamson County is an attraction that Nissan and a BA applicant would have in common, which is why I mentioned it. The other side of the coin that tempers that attractiveness - Ralph has 625 boys to pick from. BA has 250. McCallie does not have to fight with Ensworth, MBA, BGA, CPA, Ryan for the 1.2 million and moreover one the top public school systems in the country.

Sounds like you know something unc? Is this Coach Potter's last year at McCallie. A straight answer would be nice.

I know about the Nissan stuff.

All the speculation stated as fact or insider information by a couple of Ootewahites is just that, speculation. Ask yourself how a couple of outsiders would know with any kind of certainty what they're stating as fact.

I guess the certainty is that one day Flatt will retire, and there is an attraction to the BA job. I imagine they would cast a wide net and Potter would be great catch. He's imaginative, highly moral and ethical, practices his faith, a great role model and demands discipline. Without McCallie's academic and financial constraints and with a relatively large metropolitan area the job might be attractive. On the other hand, he's got strong ties to McCallie and Chattanooga.

All the speculation stated as fact or insider information by a couple of Ootewahites is just that, speculation. Ask yourself how a couple of outsiders would know with any kind of certainty what they're stating as fact.

I guess the certainty is that one day Flatt will retire, and there is an attraction to the BA job. I imagine they would cast a wide net and Potter would be great catch. He's imaginative, highly moral and ethical, practices his faith, a great role model and demands discipline. Without McCallie's academic and financial constraints and with a relatively large metropolitan area the job might be attractive. On the other hand, he's got strong ties to McCallie and Chattanooga.

Will you guys talk about the game and get off this Potter leaving junk! What about how McCallie just dominated Baylor and guess what it didn't even take completely using their talented running attack with #32 and #5. And that #5 had 4 runs for over 40 yards, not to mention 2 runs one 23 yards for a touchdown that was called back and another 20+ yard run called back. If he is a junior and I think that he is next year should be very interesting. Also, #33 lit Baylor up not only with his Kickoff return but his defensive plays were outstanding. Now talk about that!

It is a certainty that this is Coach Flatt's last year. A wide net has been cast. I only speculate and I do not know for a fact that there is no interest either way between Coach Potter and BA. I really think I would have heard something if this were different.

It is a certainty that this is Coach Flatt's last year. A wide net has been cast. I only speculate and I do not know for a fact that there is no interest either way between Coach Potter and BA. I really think I would have heard something if this were different.

what i tell yall man, ooltewah 'necks startin bullspit they jus jealous man is too funny

McCallie to BA, a "lateral move"!!!!!!!! I suppose if swapping coaching assignments was the limit of your perspective, you might describe it as lateral. But if you're comparing a move like that in totality, you need to look up "lateral move".

What's interesting about this whole nonissue is how a couple of Ooltewah affianados who presumably live in "greater" Ooltewah area have been able to ferret out a piece of news that has miraculously escaped the attention of the BA community. It just might be that imaowl and sargeant owl are actually Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein. The talent demonstrated on this board constantly amazes.

Oh yeah, the important stuff. Cooper had a great game but as good as the guy is, he can't carry the whole program playing both sides of the line. When the adenaline and stamina ran out on the Baylor side, the better team prevailed.

Why are you bringing me in this conversation? I said nothing... Anyways, I did hear from a reliable source that Potter is leaving for BA next year. I heard it in the end of July.... You can say what you want but thats what I heard. Also, when I was watching Stump 2 weeks ago he said that someone will leave for a new coaching position in Nashville. He didn't say who or where. My guess is that its Potter. Thats what I've been told by a couple of people. Anyways, I heard it was a good game last night. BJ didn't throw the ball much but when he did he got his yardage! Good luck McCallie! Bring home a championship..

Edited by ImaOWL