Hardin Co vs Henry Co

butter-bean

Tough start for my Henry County friends. I`ll remind you all that JCM started off last year 0-2. Both were heartbreaking losses. A questionable two-point conversion call at Germantown late in the fourth quarter that did not go the Cougars way (and would have won the game) and then the referee debacle at brighton. JCM was at a point that they could have folded the tents or or circle the wagons. I think Henry County is at such a point right now. So much high aspirations to start the year off and nothing to show for it yet. This game will go a long ways in determining the rest of the year for the Patriots. I can`t make myself believe that Hardin is as bad as what they showed last week, so you have to figure they have something to prove this week. So I`d say it`s gut check time for both teams. JCM went on to win 10 straight games after their 0-2 start but they never stopped believing in themselves.

The Big Red Machine begins its walk in the second part of the season this week. I don't apologize for the statements I have made earlier, they are my opinion and in no way reflective of the views of everyone else. I understand that, so should everyone else.

As for the Hardin Co. game, I have to believe that the Patriots will get it together this weekend and make a statement. Calvin, is a great player and leads a great, athletic squad of talent. The Pats have speed and lots of heart. And thanks to the likes of myself and Yanker, motivation to shut us all up. There is no quit in our players, and the Hardin Co. boys I am afraid are going to catch the brunt of a lot of frustration.

Get out this weekend and support the Patriots.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both of these teams are hungry,hungry for wins.Henry Co. was frustrated last week and then in Week 0.As for the Tigers they lost a game many thought as automatic.In my opinion this game will be close,maybe OT close just because of how hungry these teams are.But,as much as I like Hardin Co.,this may be a long year for them,and the game against Bolivar proved it.But I'm straying off point,Henry County wins a thriller over the Tigers 27-21,1 OT.

To be honest I thought about throwing myself in front of the barrel the other night, but I refrained out of fear of having my ugly mug posted on the late night news being carted away in ambulance after I was trampled to death by 100 screaming Dickson County students! :o haha

I think Calvin is as good an athlete as we have had in a looong time, but I'm afraid we may be putting alot of pressure on him. Any thoughts?

Way, way, way to much pressure. This boy is not in college, or in a division 1 school yet. He hasn't shown enough to get in a division 1 school. Yes, he has a lottt of talent, but to have an american flag across his back like he is the almighty! Come on, this boy is in high school. Slow down people.

He will show up when Henry County rolls past Hardin. We will bounce back in a big way. McNairl will have a big game and we should win by at least 14.

Sorry for all the other posters that don't have much of a clue, but McNairl is the man and we go as he goes.

That's the way it was back at Inman and at Grove. If he plays good, we win. If he plays great we blow people out.

Well so far, we goin' down. I'm not meaning that in a bad way about Calvin personally, its more at you OOOOOO, for pressure like that on him!

Well so far, we goin' down. I'm not meaning that in a bad way about Calvin personally, its more at you OOOOOO, for pressure like that on him!

Did any of you not watch Gallimore, Allen, etc. ? I don't think the coaches believe that Calvin is our only weapon. We have had great defensive plays, great wide receivers, great running backs, great kicking game. But I do think everyone blames the head coach and qb when things don't go well and give them the credit when things do. As for the American flag, we are the Patriots. I don't think the coaches or players had anything to do with the program. Someone else chose him. And, whoever did, it is a beautiful cover. OOOOOO, I am surprised at you. You are playing right into the Yanker's way of thinking.

Edited by realredpride

Guest Redpridepersonified

Did any of you not watch Gallimore, Allen, etc. ? I don't think the coaches believe that Calvin is our only weapon. We have had great defensive plays, great wide receivers, great running backs, great kicking game. But I do think everyone blames the head coach and qb when things don't go well and give them the credit when things do. As for the American flag, we are the Patriots. I don't think the coaches or players had anything to do with the program. Someone else chose him. And, whoever did, it is a beautiful cover. OOOOOO, I am surprised at you. You are playing right into the Yanker's way of thinking.

I love watching Gallimore run. The guy can fly!! I'd love seeing him return punts and kickoffs. I always think of Tim Dwight when I watch him run. The cool thing about Gallimore is that we'll have him for two more years! Dominique is a battering ram like his dad was. I agree that we've got some other great players. Oh, and you got to give some props to the kicker who caught the TD the other night! #17 I think

I love watching Gallimore run. The guy can fly!! I'd love seeing him return punts and kickoffs. I always think of Tim Dwight when I watch him run. The cool thing about Gallimore is that we'll have him for two more years! Dominique is a battering ram like his dad was. I agree that we've got some other great players. Oh, and you got to give some props to the kicker who caught the TD the other night! #17 I think

Oh now you want me to pick which HC lol. Henry County gets off the snide and gets a win here.

The YANKER thinks that both of these teams are so bad that JCM will be declared the winner of the HC-HC game by default!!!! Calm down my HC friends...the YANKER is merely attempting to add a little humor to a humorless town!! In all seriousness, HC better not overlook Hardin County because they lost to Bolivar. HC WILL win this game and the YANKER will let you know the score Thursday along with JCM-Brighton.

To be honest I thought about throwing myself in front of the barrel the other night, but I refrained out of fear of having my ugly mug posted on the late night news being carted away in ambulance after I was trampled to death by 100 screaming Dickson County students! ;) haha

I think Calvin is as good an athlete as we have had in a looong time, but I'm afraid we may be putting alot of pressure on him. Any thoughts?

More like 200 or more! THey had a mass of young folks after the game.

Some may be putting a lot of pressure on Calvin. Maybe Calvin is the only one to answer that????

The YANKER thinks that both of these teams are so bad that JCM will be declared the winner of the HC-HC game by default!!!! Calm down my HC friends...the YANKER is merely attempting to add a little humor to a humorless town!! In all seriousness, HC better not overlook Hardin County because they lost to Bolivar. HC WILL win this game and the YANKER will let you know the score Thursday along with JCM-Brighton.

I resent that, people make fun of me all the time!!! ;)