Hardin Co vs Henry Co

butter-bean

so if he does "yank" people around on coachT - its just a coincidence. :thumb:

Exactly what do you mean by "yank" my "butterladen greenful beaned" friend???

Now that was well said!!! One last tidbit to add to our coaching staff, our head coach also has WON a state title! His claim to fame was to take struggling programs, turn them around and win a championship with them!!!

He definitely located a struggling program my young Cephus!!! Do not EVER worry about losing him to JCM...we do NOT struggle around here!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your guy has good speed for HC but if you will speak the truth, the player to which you refer had an angle on the runner. Memphis speed is about like JCM speed...HC speed, or lack of, is not in the same ballpark or even the same planet...and you are smart enough to know that my young Cephus. HC cannot run with JCM...in fact, HC will beat JCM before they will outrun them. You see young Cephus, HC will get lucky and catch JCM on a bad night sometime in the next 20 years and beat them. JCM will have to play terribly and turn it over about seven times...but HC will NEVER be able to run with us. They never have and they never will! The YANKER has spoken!!!!!

Yall can all see in this comment right here the yanker is already giving himself an out for october 13 by saying they had a bad night...

I like your last paragraph. I agree with most of what you said. The players are fine (as are the coaches). It's unrealistic and unknowing fans that cause the problems.

I too, like his last paragraph. Many schools would like that type of season. I also agree with you redpride, the coaches are just fine. People that have no idea make their opinions and HAVE NO IDEA what is really going on. Fans do cause the problems.

I see Henry Co. as a 31 -14 winner over Hardin Co. and the last TD for Hardin comes late in the 4th.

Wow, rememeber last week I told you guys what DC had and it would excite you or scare you to death. I guess it should have scared you.

Henry Co fans should be thankful for 4A football. They have never won in 5A and never will. Its not the present or past coaches, it it the quality of depth in the players. (Most 5A school have 5 players like your QB) This is without a doubt the most talent HC has feilded in 10-15 years and they still can not win against 5A competition. IOM HC fans have problems with being realistic.

If the players and fans do not pull things together this team, that should finish 7-3, will end up 4-6. Sorry, JCM will beat HC.

Looking at the schedule, HC could lose to Kenwood, Brighton, JCM, and Southside. I did not mention Munford, they are much improved. remember I said could lose, they should not lose, they have good talent for a 4A school and should be sucessful in their region.

Runner-up in the Region and 2nd round in the playoffs is a sucessful year. I know a lot of schools that would love that season.

congrats to the cougars. You are correct Eagle we should be excited about a possible good season, however, If you don't expect to win state, what are you playing for? I mean not everyone can win it, but a team as talented as ours should have that as a goal! Don't you agree with that? Best of luck to DC the rest of the way. I am assuming that you are a DC fan. You may just be a negative poster, who knows???????????????

Eagle, don't know who you are or where you come from. But you must not know much about past HC football. The ole word NEVER doesn't seem to ring true. We compete nicely with 5A powers, we have done so in the past and will in the future. Playing folks like Gallatin, Ridgeway, Brentwood Academy, MBA, etc. all very close and winning some against them proves it to me. From 1999-2004 our team was down, way down. Now we are back up. I hate as much as anybody that we lost to DC, a game we should have won IMO. But I guess we just can't compete with teams like Dickson County so we shouldn't play them...

Don't get so defensive Drew. He was only making an opinion. Besides, I think we only beat MBA once and never beat Gallatin, Ridgeway, or Brentwood Academy. Close is no cigar. I am a Patriot fan, but I am one that is glad we are now in 4A where we can compete each week and not every other week. (this is no put down)

You are the one that is actually being so negative when you say "we were down, way down". I was only quoting you.

If we are back up then we should win games like last Friday. That is why people are saying what they are saying.

I am not for anyone that is against our coaches or our players, but I am also not for anyone that is trying to secretly rip teams or persons for their own advances.

Be proud to be a member of the Big Red nation and don't rip on the past.

This post may be too long for some of you, but I feel the need to say it. Remember when you are yelling at the coaches that they can't hear you. It is okay to question plays, etc., but when you get derogatory, keep in mind that the elderly couple sitting beside you may be their parents, the woman behind you may be a wife, or, even worse, the little boy or girl in front of you may be their children who don't understand why you are berating their dads. If you want to talk to the coaches, meet them at the field house after practice or the game, and if that doesn't fit your schedule, call and make an appointment. They will be glad to talk to you about football any time. Trust me, the win or loss and all of the players mean more to them than they do any of you. You are only making fools of yourselves. It is pathetic to live in such a one-horse town (finally agreeing with you, Foozeball) that men and women are such cowards that they won't face the people they are berating.

That being said, I hope the Patriots win tonight, but if worse comes to worse, I am for you (all of you) all the way. It's embarrassing to be associated with the people who know so little but say so much.

Yanker, you may be right. Our fans(?) could be the demise of our team if they don't start supporting the whole team. However, I think our players and coaches are stronger than that.

Guest Redpridepersonified

This post may be too long for some of you, but I feel the need to say it. Remember when you are yelling at the coaches that they can't hear you. It is okay to question plays, etc., but when you get derogatory, keep in mind that the elderly couple sitting beside you may be their parents, the woman behind you may be a wife, or, even worse, the little boy or girl in front of you may be their children who don't understand why you are berating their dads. If you want to talk to the coaches, meet them at the field house after practice or the game, and if that doesn't fit your schedule, call and make an appointment. They will be glad to talk to you about football any time. Trust me, the win or loss and all of the players mean more to them than they do any of you. You are only making fools of yourselves. It is pathetic to live in such a one-horse town (finally agreeing with you, Foozeball) that men and women are such cowards that they won't face the people they are berating.

That being said, I hope the Patriots win tonight, but if worse comes to worse, I am for you (all of you) all the way. It's embarrassing to be associated with the people who know so little but say so much.

Yanker, you may be right. Our fans(?) could be the demise of our team if they don't start supporting the whole team. However, I think our players and coaches are stronger than that.

Great comments! :blink: Even if you don't like the coach respect the people around you that doesn't really care to hear all that negativism!

Yanker,

You act like JCM is the best team in the state??? A region title in a 5 team region that ALWAYS gets drilled in the playoffs after playing each other in the 1st 2 rounds is nothing to brag about. When JCM makes it to the state finals, then you can talk.....by the way those "poll" state titles back in the day are simply that, a "poll", and it has about as much merit as the pole your daddy should have beat you with growing up......hehehehehe

Yanker,

You act like JCM is the best team in the state??? A region title in a 5 team region that ALWAYS gets drilled in the playoffs after playing each other in the 1st 2 rounds is nothing to brag about. When JCM makes it to the state finals, then you can talk.....by the way those "poll" state titles back in the day are simply that, a "poll", and it has about as much merit as the pole your daddy should have beat you with growing up......hehehehehe

Glad you added the laughter at the end. The Yanker is the bright spot in my day. His humor keeps me laughing in many otherwise idiotic, humorless situations.