Hardin Co vs Henry Co

butter-bean

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the Patriots. Looks like Henry County stayed tough and took care of business. I`d like to hear from Patriot fans on how they compare this game to the one they had with last years Hardin County team.

VG, there is no comparison to last years game. We were much improved over last year and Hardin was struggling more than last year. One thing for sure, our defense seemed like they were out for blood! Their poor QB took some monster hits. One crusher from our biggest D lineman! Final score was 45-14. Won't be on much this weekend. Got lots of goodies planned with the wife, kids, and g-kids. Way to go Patriots!!! Now its on to Kenwood!!!

:thumb:Go Big Red!!! :thumb:

this years Hardin team is down on both sides of the ball. when given time to pass the receivers did a good job of coming down with the ball. Henry Co did a very good job the second half getting to the QB. he took some big hits. to his credit he did a good job when given time. Henry co moved the ball at will. did not punt. good mix of run/pass.

HC only punted 1 time in DC game. lot's of players executed the Coaches game plan tonight from lineman to receivers to special teams. Preseason there was one player that I thought could be a real terror on defense and be an impact on the game from his position. He had been a little quiet until tonight. William Henry was a disruptive force in the Hardin County backfield. I know the coaches from Hardin got tired of his name being called out by annoucer, they had no answer for him.

Give it to Hardin County they never gave up and keep our D spread with their passing.

Guest Redpridepersonified

Drewcephus!!!! Since you are the self appointed message board historian I have a question. What is the single game sack record at Henry County? I tried to find it but I could not. William Henry had several the other night and I wondered if he was even close. Hoping maybe you can shed some light on that matter! :lol:

Congrats to the Patriots. Looks like Henry County stayed tough and took care of business. I`d like to hear from Patriot fans on how they compare this game to the one they had with last years Hardin County team.

Well first of all I want to give props to the player of the game "William Henry". His defense was tenatious! He pressured all night, had several sacks, and no telling how many times he hit the quarterback, very hard! I'm not just singling him out though. Look at the punt returner #15, if we could all dance and spin like him we would have been dancin' in the streets after the game. Props to Calvin as well, he ran the ball very well. Most of his passes were just a little low though. The receivers were having to dig the ball out, but thats not always a bad thing. That also shows how good our receivers are as well. I do think we still run the QB draw a little to much, but I'm not really complaining about it either. I really like to see big Allen run the ball. That was a great 35 yard run he broke for TD. I could sit here and type for a long time about alot of players, not enough time though. Hardin County was down from last year. I will commend their receivers though, they can really go up and get a ball. To sum it up, Henry County looked great friday night. Now, we need to keep that intensity going.

Drewcephus!!!! Since you are the self appointed message board historian I have a question. What is the single game sack record at Henry County? I tried to find it but I could not. William Henry had several the other night and I wondered if he was even close. Hoping maybe you can shed some light on that matter! :thumb:

Rpp - not sure about that one. For some reason, our stats only record tackles. I don't know how many William Henry had, but it was a big number! Quincy Boyd of late 80's fame was a hoss of a linebacker and holds the takles per game stat at 23. But I will see if I can find out anything on sacks specifically. Maybe wingman might know where to look.

But now its on to battle the Kenwood Knights! Let's fill that board up with Patriot fans. And more importantly, lets get a HUGE presence there in Clarksville from the Big Red Faithful!!!

I will have to agree on the coment about #7 Hunter DeBerry and #4 Sam Shutt, they are probably the best wide recievers in West Tennessee. They maybe the fastest set of recievers on one team in the state. I'm not sure I've ever seen any high school recievers that can make adjustments to get to the ball they way they do.....Also need to give some attention to Spencer Jackson DT......Henry County tried to slow him down but had no such luck.

I will have to agree on the coment about #7 Hunter DeBerry and #4 Sam Shutt, they are probably the best wide recievers in West Tennessee. They maybe the fastest set of recievers on one team in the state. I'm not sure I've ever seen any high school recievers that can make adjustments to get to the ball they way they do.....Also need to give some attention to Spencer Jackson DT......Henry County tried to slow him down but had no such luck.

Huh? I agree they are great players, but with the score 45 to 14 HC did something right.