Memphis East @ Melrose

It is funny, especially since it had NOTHING to do with money or even anything inappropriate by Coach Randall. It's a joke. They got what they deserved with Melrose and the future doesn't look much better for them. There is a chance they could end up in the playoffs playing Munford. Wouldn't that be a sight.

A sight is putting it mildly! :ph34r:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, How the mighty have fallen. East really has gone in another direction. I am really concerned with Merose not reducing the penalties. This has to be improved at CBHS.

OMW,

East's effort last night vs Melrose was about as pathetic a performance as I've ever witnessed, throughout this East/Melrose rivalry! East looked like a bunch of rag-tag, replacement-players....Wow, what a difference a year (and a new Coach) makes!

Sad. Just plain sad.

OMW, Melrose's progressive penalty problem is equally pathetic. They seem dead-set on beating themselves. If I didn't know any better, I'd swear that Melrose's stated goal this season was "self-sabotage," at any and all cost!

A Melrose player posted on this site, earlier this week, that penalty-reduction was the team's focus vs East....Well, if all those penalties vs East was the result of "focus," then I sure hate to see what's gonna happen when something else becomes the team's focal point!

I say--forget a talk from Michael Irvin. How 'bout a talk from Dr. Phil!

On the positive side: This Melrose team has the talent to compete with (and beat) darn near anybody, including Maryville. They just need to figure out how to use all that talent in a disciplined, intelligent and football-legal manner.

As for CBHS...Melrose needs to recognize that it's gonna have a tough enough time beating CBHS, committing ZERO penalties; they sure don't need to make matters worse (ala MUS), via self-destruction!

Melrose...Stop the madness. Stop the insanity.

This was not a great game for us! In my opinion East gave up before the end of the first quarter! looks like the running game is trying to come around. did not look great really miss Cooper.

OMN, I've got 4 questions for you (OR OrangeMoundWEST):

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) What's the latest scoop on (former?) QB Courtney Madison?

I noticed that he did not start or even play backup QB.

2) Who is that 3rd string RB #21?

That's one quick, fast little RB! He came in 4th qtr and made several explosive runs. Then, he appeard to remove himself from the game...some sort of equipment malfunction. Oddly, the starting RB #25 replaced him. #21 never got back into the game.

Although #21 seemed kinda' small, and played after the outcome was determined, his nifty moves and overall performance were still very impressive. He warrants more playing time (a WHOLE lot more) @ RB, IMO.

The other RB's that Melrose uses are not very elusive or fast. They could use someone like #21. Heck, he surely can't do any worse....Yet, he seems to be the ONLY Melrose RB capable of "going the distance" any time he touches the ball.

3) Is Tremarcus Toney officially the starting QB now?

He deserves it. He earned it.

4) What's the scoop on the (apparent) new backup QB #10?

He came in to relieve Toney (4th qtr) and promptly threw a 40-yard TD bomb. He seems to be another good, strong-armed passer.

OMW,

East's effort last night vs Melrose was about as pathetic a performance as I've ever witnessed, throughout this East/Melrose rivalry! East looked like a bunch of rag-tag, replacement-players....Wow, what a difference a year (and a new Coach) makes!

Sad. Just plain sad.

OMW, Melrose's progressive penalty problem is equally pathetic. They seem dead-set on beating themselves. If I didn't know any better, I'd swear that Melrose's stated goal this season was "self-sabotage," at any and all cost!

A Melrose player posted on this site, earlier this week, that penalty-reduction was the team's focus vs East....Well, if all those penalties vs East was the result of "focus," then I sure hate to see what's gonna happen when something else becomes the team's focal point!

I say--forget a talk from Michael Irvin. How 'bout a talk from Dr. Phil!

On the positive side: This Melrose team has the talent to compete with (and beat) darn near anybody, including Maryville. They just need to figure out how to use all that talent in a disciplined, intelligent and football-legal manner.

As for CBHS...Melrose needs to recognize that it's gonna have a tough enough time beating CBHS, committing ZERO penalties; they sure don't need to make matters worse (ala MUS), via self-destruction!

Melrose...Stop the madness. Stop the insanity.

TraderB,

I am at a loss for words on the penalty situation. At this point, all I know to do is "keep hope alive" that this can be addressed before playoffs start. The talent on this team is exceptional and it would be a shame to squander an opportunity to reach potential.

OMN, I've got 4 questions for you (OR OrangeMoundWEST):

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) What's the latest scoop on (former?) QB Courtney Madison?

I noticed that he did not start or even play backup QB.

2) Who is that 3rd string RB #21?

That's one quick, fast little RB! He came in 4th qtr and made several explosive runs. Then, he appeard to remove himself from the game...some sort of equipment malfunction. Oddly, the starting RB #25 replaced him. #21 never got back into the game.

Although #21 seemed kinda' small, and played after the outcome was determined, his nifty moves and overall performance were still very impressive. He warrants more playing time (a WHOLE lot more) @ RB, IMO.

The other RB's that Melrose uses are not very elusive or fast. They could use someone like #21. Heck, he surely can't do any worse....Yet, he seems to be the ONLY Melrose RB capable of "going the distance" any time he touches the ball.

3) Is Tremarcus Toney officially the starting QB now?

He deserves it. He earned it.

4) What's the scoop on the (apparent) new backup QB #10?

He came in to relieve Toney (4th qtr) and promptly threw a 40-yard TD bomb. He seems to be another good, strong-armed passer.

TraderB,

I can answer those questions

1) He hurt his ankle in practice. It's not serious though.

2)#21 (jr.Mario Curry) fumbles in practice alot. Our starting RB #1 (jr. Chris Nash) hurt his back against Whitehaven. He sat out east game because we want him to be 100% against Christian Bros.

3) He gets the most reps in practice, but courtney will see some playing time because he's a senior

4)#10 (jr. Eric Mhoon) was the backup for this game only. They didn't want to play courtney because of his ankle and the coaches wanted tramarcus out of the game. Eric has the stongest arm on the team but he doesnt stay focused. He's 6'3 so coach puts him in at tight end on some occasions.

I hope that cleared everything up

TraderB,

I can answer those questions

1) He hurt his ankle in practice. It's not serious though.

2)#21 (jr.Mario Curry) fumbles in practice alot. Our starting RB #1 (jr. Chris Nash) hurt his back against Whitehaven. He sat out east game because we want him to be 100% against Christian Bros.

3) He gets the most reps in practice, but courtney will see some playing time because he's a senior

4)#10 (jr. Eric Mhoon) was the backup for this game only. They didn't want to play courtney because of his ankle and the coaches wanted tramarcus out of the game. Eric has the stongest arm on the team but he doesnt stay focused. He's 6'3 so coach puts him in at tight end on some occasions.

I hope that cleared everything up

Yes--I'm all clear, now. Thanks for the rundown, Melrose58.

You guys did a great job last Friday nite, overall. Impressive win.

Ya'll keep working hard in practice. No doubt, you guys know what you have to do to improve and take care of business, this season.....Memphis and Orange Mound sure could use another State Football Title!

Best of success vs CBHS.

In my opinion toney & moon are better qbs than madison!

OMN,

After watching each of these 3 QB's lead Melrose, this season, I'm inclined to agree you....afterall.

I was a big fan of Madison. His impressive performance during this year's jamboree (vs Ridgeway), led me to believe that he was the man for the QB job. Since then, he's been unable to get the team's offense moving. He was given ample time to get the job done. Yet, for whatever reason, Courtney's jamboree performance did not carry over into the real games.

With 3 capable QB's in its arsenal, however, Melrose is in a position that most teams would absolutely love to be in...

I wonder if Michael Irvin realized when he came to Memphis to support his old coach that he was working against a former player ( East coach Wimberly ) at THE U

It's funny how life moves in circles. Currently, at Melrose, you have an ex Miami Hurricane coach at a high school that has two players currently on the University of Miami roster. Ironic in a weird kind of way isn't it?

Just think ... Ole Miss has all of those ex Miami coaches on staff, and an ex Miami coach at Melrose .... hmmmm ... you think that some Melrose players may end up at Ole Miss in the future? Any betting people out there want to wager on this?