QBs....what do u think on this

THE GUN 14

Kind of curious...do you people think letting a kid start at qb as a fresh or soph and gettin play time would help build a better signal caller...just curious because i see these teams who start a senior as a first time starter at the position and they have young guys backing him up who may need the chance to play and get experience....i know some teams put the best athelete back there and if they arent handing it off they are running boot leg keepers......................... i want some feed back

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the goal should be to win this year, and put whoever gives you the best chance to win regardless of class.

I agree...the goal is to win now unless your in a rebuilding mode then i would stick my young QB back there just to learn..he may get beat up but its a great learning experience for when he is a junior and senior.

I think starting them young is better than letting a senior play just one year and then leave.You could put him at wideout.

I agree that starting them young is better. they get more experience in the game and are more situationaly aware than takin a one year senior and puttin him on the field for the first time.

I think the goal should be to win this year, and put whoever gives you the best chance to win regardless of class.

i agree that you play to win but what say u gota senior who was back up to a guy who just graduated and he has some experience and then u got a fresh or soph that has potential to be a great QB..would u start the senior just because hes stuck behind the other guy and give him a chance or do u start the other kid, get him experience....

i wud start the young guy and get him experience..and what some coaches dont push durin the summer is sendin em to camps to learn....so i wud start the younger kid and send him to as many camps as possible....the older guy isnt gona help the chances no more than the young kid will so go with young

I think you've gotta take it year by year. You play whoever gives you the best chance to win in a particular game, season, or even a particular play. Throw age out the window. But I will say that it really gets on my nerves when there's a freshman who is close to being as good as a senior, but not quite, and the coach plays the freshman because he wants to "build for the future". What are you supposed to tell your seniors who've worked their butt off for you for 4 years? "Sorry guys, I'm building for next year"???? I don't think so. You play the best players and the hardest workers; reguardless of age.