vandy1

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bump this:

http://www.rctimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...067/1305/MTCN03

Here is an honest and humble article from the Robertson County Times about the Greenbrier vs. David Lipscomb game……unlike the one you will find on the Mustang Fan Page.

Not only was the write up on the Lipscomb page filled with errors…..but the pictures show the true arrogance of some of the Lipscomb faithful.

The last photo shown of the game shows the scoreboard and the final score 31-6….with the caption stating: “It could have been much worse”…..What a JOKE!!! I guess that’s why the Lipscomb starters were in the game late in the 4th throwing the ball still trying to score against Greenbrier’s JV.

GOOD LUCK PAGE!!!!

Make sure you know what you are talking about when you throw a temper tantrum. Duh, of course the article on the Lipscomb page is going to biased, that's why it is the lipscomb fan page. Second no passes were thrown in the second half of the game. Third, Lipscomb played the second quarter and the second half with a backup quarterback, so had they thrown, which they didn't, it would be to get a young guy experience. And if their were starters left in the game late in the fourth quarter, which there weren't, it would be because Coach Mc respected Greenbrier enough to know they could come back. So if your going to slam somebody, at least do it honestly, and not ignorantly.

Bump this:

Here is an honest and humble article from the Robertson County Times about the Greenbrier vs. David Lipscomb game……unlike the one you will find on the Mustang Fan Page.

Not only was the write up on the Lipscomb page filled with errors…..but the pictures show the true arrogance of some of the Lipscomb faithful.

The last photo shown of the game shows the scoreboard and the final score 31-6….with the caption stating: “It could have been much worse”…..What a JOKE!!! I guess that’s why the Lipscomb starters were in the game late in the 4th throwing the ball still trying to score against Greenbrier’s JV.

GOOD LUCK PAGE!!!!

Make sure you know what you are talking about when you throw a temper tantrum. Duh, of course the article on the Lipscomb page is going to biased, that's why it is the lipscomb fan page. Second no passes were thrown in the second half of the game. Third, Lipscomb played the second quarter and the second half with a backup quarterback, so had they thrown, which they didn't, it would be to get a young guy experience. And if their were starters left in the game late in the fourth quarter, which there weren't, it would be because Coach Mc respected Greenbrier enough to know they could come back. So if your going to slam somebody, at least do it honestly, and not ignorantly.

Nobody’s throwing a temper tantrum. Just stating facts…unlike some….who obviously have no idea what they are talking about.

If you take it as a slam…so be it…..but one thing is for sure….it’s done honestly……

I really enjoyed his one: “No passes were thrown in the second half”. Now that’s ignorance.

I too would like to know what Lipscomb quarterback threw a pass in the second half? Coach Mc had one goal in the second half of that game. Get it over with!! I think you need to find someone else else to pick on then Lipscomb. There isn't a more gracious coach in the game than coach Mc. Ask Greenbriers coaches if they thought Lipscomb was running up the score. You obviously weren't at the game if that's what you think!

Nobody’s throwing a temper tantrum. Just stating facts…unlike some….who obviously have no idea what they are talking about.

If you take it as a slam…so be it…..but one thing is for sure….it’s done honestly……

I really enjoyed his one: “No passes were thrown in the second half”. Now that’s ignorance.

What errors were on the Lipscomb web site? I'm sure if you send an e-mail to the operator of the site he will be glad to change it. Of course some people just like to complain when there is nothing to actually complain about!

Bump this:

GOOD LUCK PAGE!!!!

Bump this:

GOOD LUCK PAGE!!!!

I could not have imagined that Peter Powell's Lipscomb Game Day Notes could generate such a response from CoachHard.

A Reply:

1. As the Great Renowned MBA Clock Keeper shared with me after a Middle School Game in 1996, "I'm Sorry that your team lost."

2. The headliner story on the Mustangfanpage was very vanilla other than stating that it was over early.

3. The Mustangfanpage also carried that same article from the Robertson County News.. You can find it in the Mustangs in Print section.

4. I'll be happy to change any errors on the website. I do it all the time. You can let me know when that happens.

5. What passing? There was so little of it. You can check the stats, they are still posted on the site. But they may be "biased" as well.

6. As for the caption of the picture, I'll agree that it might be biased....it was probably the opinion of most everyone who attended the game. Actually, the US Government uses our site to send encoded messages to its agents all over the world.

7. Lipscomb to run up the score....not going to happened especially with Greenbrier. The Lipscomb program has a great respect for the Greenbrier staff and program. The Mustangs got 4 deep on the depth chart into the game.

Finally, Where is The Bomb Squad when you need him?

If you insist I return….then I shall…

I will be glad to answer any questions you may have:

Did I lose my password? No….not yet anyway. I know some of the DL fans wished I would.

Will I apologize? For What?..that I have my own opinion.

Did I attend the Greenbrier vs. DL game? Yes…unfortunately.

Did I say DL ran up the score? No…but it sure looked like they attempted to from the visitors side. Just one mans opinion. I thought maybe it was venting two years of frustration.

Who had the better team? DL…no question…as always, well coached, disciplined and fundamental. Greenbrier is down in talent this year.

Does DL have a good tradition of having strong athletics year in and year out? Yes…

Do I think DL recruits? No…they don’t have to.

Should there be a total public/private split? Still up in the air….but leaning towards the total split.

Did I say DL threw a lot of passes? No…but they did throw late in the 4th with the game out of reach…the pass fell incomplete.

Did DL leave their first team in until late in the 4th? Yes…their starting TB scores their last TD in the 4th. And may I add….he is very much underrated.

Do I think the picture and caption were arrogant? Yes..without question…but typical.

Did the picture and arrogant caption get under my skin? Yes..but I should have expected nothing less.

Do I think the score could have been much worse? No….I thought DL dominated the 1st quarter, but GB played much better the last 3 quarters.

Do I think the article on the Mustang Fan Page was Bias? Yes….but typical.

Do I think some of the DL fans need to understand the word” humble”? Yes…

Do I hold animosity towards DL? No…I respect and admire their program…but some of their fans are arrogant.

Who do I think will play for the 3-A state title this year? David Lipscomb vs. Knox Catholic…or maybe Fulton.

Did I attend the Page game? No….and wasn’t surprised by the score.

Where is bulldog69? I have no idea.

Do I miss BombSquad? No

Do I wish the DL football program the best of luck throughout their remaining schedule? Yes….. absolutely.