Jefferson Co. vs Morristown East

EASTFAN

I just want to make it public that I hope East quarterback Brad Ramsey never steps on to a football field in TN with that stunt he pulled on Adam Rickard. I can understand a late hit or something, but holding a player by his throat and choking him to death is definately not something that needs to happen. You always hate to see a kid carried off on a strecther with an oxygen mask on even more when it is because of another player attempting to cause that pain. I hear the TSSAA will be reviewing the game tape and i hope to see Brad Ramsey kicked off the team. However that still wouldn't be enough justice for attempting to kill someone by cutting off their air way.

Good Game tonight boys. You fought hard. Adam, I hope you have a fast recovery and I will be praying for you.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that you guys are really taking it a little too far by saying that easts quarterback was trying to kill the guy! I mean get real, can we say thst you are being a little, what would you call it "OVERDRAMATIC" I mean get real! It is football and things are going to happen and players are going to get hurt! Sorry for what happened to the kid but it is sometimes a part of the game. By the way Brad, the mohawk makes you stand out KEEP IT!!! Don't be mad all these being who are talking about you because you actually have talent and know how to play and they are just JEALOUS!!! Half the people that are saying these things have probably never even stepped foot on the football field anyway, so what they have to say is not of any importance anyways!!!!!! I mean the guy walked off the field so it is obvious he was not hurt too awful bad!!! Everybody wants you to get kicked off the team because they know you have talent and that you are their competition. Keep your HEAD up Brad, these people are just trying to mess your game up. YOUR THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just play your game snd you will do great the rest of the season!!!

well feel lucky you even have the chance to play another game and continue your arrogance, because that shouldnt be the case. no one has any interest in what you have to say so why dont you do us, yourself, and your team a favor and stay off here, because you're only making a fool of yourself. I'm sure theres not one person who looks at your posts and doesnt roll their eyes that you have the nerve to post about the very situation you yourself caused.

just wondering brad, are you illiterate as well?

Excuse me but do you have nothing better to do than to talk trash on a message board. Guys come on things are gonna happen in the course of a game that nobody can control, and if you have played any kind of football in you life you would know this. Unless you have spoken to this young man how dare you judge his character. Who are you? everyone feels bad for the kid yeah but its a game it happens get over it our guy was at practice monday so before you start trying to be Lee Corso get you facts straight and if you have never played in a football game a real one not play station stay off her ok . Bo pat fan and former player

thanks knight2 i am really glad that someone else on here has a little bit of sense!! Who are these people to get on here and judge anybody? They are probably people who can't play the game so they have to sit and critisize the people who play the game well!!! :lol::lol: These people are just mad cause they know that brad is a talented ball player and that they know that he actually has talent unlike the people who are sitting up saying he tried to kill that kid!!! Oh well there opinions do not count for anything anyways!!! It is completely and totally out of jealousy Brad. Go CANES!!!! KICK SOME BUTT!!!!!!!!

Hey Grad,

I was at the game and saw that too. Most of the East players are good guys, but all I can say is what else would you expect from a guy with a mohawk. He is a total lack of class.

We'll see what kind of program Hatcher really wants to run over there, but odds are if TSSAA doesn't do anything he will be back on that field next Friday. They have West coming up and they can't do without their "star" quarterback. Don't worry though, him and the rest of the canes will find out just exactly where they are in the Motown football pecking order when they run into the big red machine. Maybe we'll hold him down and rid him of the ridiculous looking hair cut.

So u saw exactly what happened . Funny ive talked to alot of ppl that saw the game as did i and didnt see what happened also heard the film didnt show anything that would prove anything one way or the other. and as for what kind of program program east has or what kind of kid brad is lets just say this is anyone perfect no. Is the mighty west high trojans immune to things lets just say no to that too and let it go and if your a baseball player of all pll u should know that as seems like theres been a thing or two went kinda wrong with your coach last spring talk about no class . Now back to what happened on the field if youve ever played a down of football in your life you would know that there always some extra things going in the piles its happened since football was first played and ittl be happening as long as the games is played . I dont know if this was the case here or not but believe me it happens and id dare say it happened both ways the other nite as it does in everygame thats played . I hope the kid that was hurt is ok and has the season of his life .But dont judge with your eyes closed east high or brad the way a person wears his hair definatly has no affect on what kind of person he is ive watched him play sports off and on for years and have never seen anything out of the wayfrom him or east high. Why ruin someones reputation over one thing even if it did happen football is an emotional game why its so much fun to watch and things do happen not sayin that it did or not just sayin they do.

So u saw exactly what happened . Funny ive talked to alot of ppl that saw the game as did i and didnt see what happened also heard the film didnt show anything that would prove anything one way or the other. and as for what kind of program program east has or what kind of kid brad is lets just say this is anyone perfect no. Is the mighty west high trojans immune to things lets just say no to that too and let it go and if your a baseball player of all pll u should know that as seems like theres been a thing or two went kinda wrong with your coach last spring talk about no class . Now back to what happened on the field if youve ever played a down of football in your life you would know that there always some extra things going in the piles its happened since football was first played and ittl be happening as long as the games is played . I dont know if this was the case here or not but believe me it happens and id dare say it happened both ways the other nite as it does in everygame thats played . I hope the kid that was hurt is ok and has the season of his life .But dont judge with your eyes closed east high or brad the way a person wears his hair definatly has no affect on what kind of person he is ive watched him play sports off and on for years and have never seen anything out of the wayfrom him or east high. Why ruin someones reputation over one thing even if it did happen football is an emotional game why its so much fun to watch and things do happen not sayin that it did or not just sayin they do.

You are right - things like this happen in football. I did not see the play and don't blame anyone for what happened. I will say that the kid from Jeff County should have defended himself at the time if he could have, or if he could not, he should just remember what happened and get even later on if it was in fact a cheap shot. My main concerm is the English language - it seems that students at M. East must be learning a new language or a new way to spell, because I am having trouble interpreting some of the words in these posts (ie ppl, ittl, id, etc). Do you have to stop and think of those spellings or do they just come natural?

You are right - things like this happen in football. I did not see the play and don't blame anyone for what happened. I will say that the kid from Jeff County should have defended himself at the time if he could have, or if he could not, he should just remember what happened and get even later on if it was in fact a cheap shot. My main concerm is the English language - it seems that students at M. East must be learning a new language or a new way to spell, because I am having trouble interpreting some of the words in these posts (ie ppl, ittl, id, etc). Do you have to stop and think of those spellings or do they just come natural?

I agree....I had trouble reading that post as well. Also, how about some punctuation? Those . and , and ? are very poweful tools. Please, for the readers sake, use them! And can anyone say "run on sentences"?

Edited by maroonandgray

I don't think the point is that 'things happen in football'. The point is, this was a cheap shot. To press your hand against someone's throat, whether in the heat of a sporting event or otherwise goes beyond 'things happen'. You have to get past the shoulder pads and the facemask of the helmet to even get near someone's throat.

Personally, I don't know the Ramsey kid so i'm not going to judge his character beyond stating that it was a cheap shot. Whether some of you think that's part of the game or not, I can tell you that the best of players don't make cheap shots, they don't have to. I can roll over on the ground and get up 20 times with eyes closed and never push down on someone's neck, let alone not know you're doing it at the time.

The Ramsey kid obviously feels bad because he came on here to apologize, which validates that he did it. Giving the excuse that it was happening on both sides of the ball without proof is simply that, an excuse. His haircut has nothing to do with it, nor does the East program, because it was Ramsey who did it, not his teammates nor anyone else.

Stick to the facts folks. A kid's throat was choked by another player, who should have to answer for it, period. It was in the heat of battle, and players get emotional, but they don't choke their opponents.

It's a good thing that the Ramsey kid apologized, but a sad thing that he turned around and made excuses for doing it. An apology with no excuses would have carried more weight and showed better remorse. We all make mistakes and the Ramsey kid made a major one here. How he handled it, by making excuses, speaks volumes for his character without anyone having to judge him themselves.

As for all of the Ramsey supporters on here, don't blame the folks that are up in arms over Adam getting hurt. They love their players just as much as you love yours and when a kid gets hurt, folks are going to get emotional...far more emotional than Ramsey will get just because he's losing a football game.

For the record, I played sports my entire high school career, including football, basketball, track and baseball so yes, i've been on a football field and never once did I think about choking an opponent whether in the heat of the battle or not.

From what I have been told, there is no evidence of just how this happened. I am not going to pretend that I know and I was at the game. I do know Brad and have known him since he was a freshman. He is not a bad kid. The fact that he apologized is not necessarily an admission of guilt, but could be interpreted as a young man doing the right thing. I believe that I read where Vlad Guerrero visited the pitcher that he hit with a line drive last week.

I do know that East viewed two different tapes to try and see if they could find evidence of the infraction. Neither showed any evidence of any wrong doing. The reason that there were two tapes was due to East getting the copy of the game that Morristown West had made. The fact that West sent a person to to video the game is another story completely. I won't even go there and discuss the ethics involved.

Now as far as the West kids trying to stir this up, just ignore them. They would love for everyone to hate East as bad as they do. You would think that the Trojan fans would be proud of all that they have accomplished and leave East alone. East vs. West has been like UT vs. Vandy. East has as many wins in football against West as Vandy has against UT over the past few years....one. If I was a Trojan, I could not care less about this situation. I could not care less about East.

For the young man that was injured, I hope he recovers fully and can return to play this Friday. I would never wish an injury on any player. Please know that my prayers are with that young man.

The thing that upset me the most about the entire situation was the lack of EMS people at the stadium. Where were the people who are responsible for the medical well being of the players? Why were the players having to rely on the services of athletic trainers? If that had happened to my child, I would be very upset. East needs to make sure that the school has EMS people present for football games. It is a no brainer. Football and injuries go together like PB and J. It is not as if we have not watched players get taken off in stretchers at East before. (Wahkeem Simpson)

Let me conclude with this final thought. If Brad did in fact "choke out" the Jefferson County player, then there should be a suspension of multiple games. There is no room in East athletics for that type of action. If Jefferson County has video proof that Brad did act in this manner, then my hope is that they send it to the administration at Morristown East. I believe that Mr. Johnson would take action.

As we all know, the cameras follow the ball, not the guys left behind laying on the ground. Very convenient. At any rate, Ramsey must live with what he did or did not do. Obviously East, having watched their own tape has made their decision based on whatever their own reasoning is. That's too bad, but hopefully Ramsey learns something from this that cheap shots are good for absolutely nothing short of getting someone hurt. Unfortunately it always seems to be after the fact that a young man learns such a lesson. And hopefully he did learn it.

Edited by billiard13

I am not sure why that people are making such a big deal over the whole situation anyways!!!! It seems that people should be focusing on this weeks upcoming ballgame! Why is everybody saying that he should be kicked off the team or suspended? That is absurd and rediculous!!!!! I mean the kid that was hurt was already back on the field practicing yesterday so lets get real, I am not saying that he might not have been hurt at the time during the game but if he is already playing then the situation should be dropped. Some of you people on here act like the kid is literally dying and that is not even close to what the situation actually is. This has all went completely too far. Brad is a great player and an overall caring guy. And I agree that he is apologizing out of respect for the other player not out of guilt! It is so sad to me that such a big deal has even been made over something that is he said she said. How is one to know that the kid that was hurt did not want to just try and get brad kicked off of the team, I mean I am not saying that was the situation but you also cannot rule that situation out either. I mean they say that brad did it on purpose but how do we know that the kid is not just saying that. The fact is this is not the first ballgame the east has lost and I do not think that brad is such a sore loser that he would do something like that on purpose just because he is losing or behind in a ballgame. For those of you that think he should be suspended or whatever needs to get real and get a life because that is crazy!!! Remember JEALOUSLY, like I said before has alot to do with this whole situation and some people hate to see people with actual talent do something with it. Oh well you people are nobody of importance really!! Everything on here is strictly opinion not facts anyways. Don't worry about it Brad and cannot wait to see you back out on the field friday where you should be. Good job in your past three games brad and the entire mo'town east football :thumb: game. :P:P