Scott Vs. Taft

Bassfishing_205

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who wouldn't want to see them play again. The last one ever played was an exhibition of cheap shot football. Every opportunity to incite the fans was made by the players from both sides. No one remembered that it was just a game. Inside the borders of Scott Co there are a great many families with ties to each other through blood or friendships. This game used to make people lose their sensibility. If a kid got hurt (and there were a bunch of them) the other side would cheer lustily for more. We all lost our focus! Not on winning and losing a contest, but on the spirit of competitiveness that makes it a sporting event in the first place. :) I can see why you want it back so bad, you really didn't experience what it was about a long time ago. The coaches involved wouldn't have thought twice about running up a score, because after all, it was THEM. That just made it worse. Now its been so long, we've actually forgot what it was like. P22 and some others can probably tell you what it was like, but the things they say are just stories that existed a long time ago. It would be nice to see such a natural rivalry flourish, but for some reason here, the higher powers are smarter than you think. After reading some of the posts on here, I'm just about certain of it! :thumb:

:thumb: Kaz :ph34r:

all right people listen up : after the '82 season tssaa reclassified. everyone had new districts and new schedules. I was in coach diggs' office when he and the late coach may were on the phone. we HAd to play anderson co it's a district game thier only open date was the first game. we had an open date later but oneida had a district have to on that date. a schedule problem snuffed out the '83 and '84 games ok now beyond that whether it's politics or coaches or egos or what i don't know. the two teams just don't play and the only people crying about are the ones who have never played in those games!!! I left all on the field at shs anyone who doubts it just look in the trophy case. the '84 teams record speaks for itself. you people need to quit crying about whose region is harder and we'd kill y'all just get over it and play your own schedule. shs has always had a tough region always. we scrimmaged people like sevier co(5a) william blount(5a) we played campbell co(5a),maryville, we went TO taft(we got beat there to) but we did not cry and complain we just buckled it up a little tighter and played for all we were worth. they all knew they had been in a war! oneidas program has been very successful they work hard to they play whoever they gotta play. when us folks prove we can act with as much class as the basketball teams did in ky then maybe we could get a game up. maybe a scrimmage at shs in the spring and back at ohs in the fall. charge 3 bucks to get in sell hot dogs but the first jerk that shows thier ugly head we all go home and we talk about for another 24 years. proud to be a highlander. proud of players from both schools. :thumb:

I was at the OS-Scott game and I was on the OS sideline. I don't think the chain guys were signalling plays (although it can happen). They were rooting for their team and Oliver Springs' coach didn't like it too much with them being on their sideline. I know he told the refs if they didn't keep it down that he wanted them removed and then on Scott's third TD one of the guys said something to Coach Brackett. I don't know what was said, but I seen him say something and then Coach Brackett had them removed. As it turned out I think it was just as much of a motivating tool for Coach Brackett as anything else because while the refs were talking about moving the chain gang, Brackett really got after his team and challenged their manhood. The Bobcats definitely responded after that.

Goose,

You hit hit the nail on the head, I had two son playing Friday night, one on the field and one on the sidelines when this happened. And they both told me the same account as yours, and I even asked a Asst. coach this week and he confirmed it. I would like to say that the reason we were 20 points down was because of hanking panking with the chain crew, but, truth be told, our own mistakes lead to those points.

Oh, to the poster who posted it was a blow out by Scott, I am sorry son, but a 46-40 ballgame is not a blow out on anybodys part! :lol:

And somehow, Bassfishin' ought to listen to the conversation. :lol:

I dont really know wat ur meaning hear kazam but i know i run my mouth alot bout oneida and they are decent 1a team its just how i have came through school is not liking oneida and sumtimes i throw off on oneida to prove a point to another team not to really throw off on them but it comes out a lot like that and then sumtimes im just plainly throwing off on them but u have to say none of this stuff would had started until sum oneida kid got on here and posted sumthing bad bout us so i guess that is just the way the cookie crumbles.I know i run my mouth alot but dont everybody.

Edited by Bassfishing_205