Fulton vs Alcoa

Falcon2

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm huge when it comes to talking about the success of Alcoa coach Gary Rankin. Whether you loved him or hated him he always found ways to win games. Alcoa comes into this one with confidence after playing Maryville to the wire this year and then crushing CAK last night. Fulton is looking like the school that won back-to-back 3A state titles in '03 & '04 after beating AE and Anderson Co. by a combined score of 58-7. It's the defending two-time 2A champs against the two time 3A champs.

Prediction:

I like Fulton to keep the momentum rolling. I believe they'll avenge last year's beating that Alcoa handed to them. The Fulton defense has been dominant this year. They'll find a way to keep Shiverdecker in check and limit the big plays from Lanxter. Offensively look for a steady diet of Rogan. I'll take the Falcons by 6 :ph34r:

I'm huge when it comes to talking about the success of Alcoa coach Gary Rankin. Whether you loved him or hated him he always found ways to win games. Alcoa comes into this one with confidence after playing Maryville to the wire this year and then crushing CAK last night. Fulton is looking like the school that won back-to-back 3A state titles in '03 & '04 after beating AE and Anderson Co. by a combined score of 58-7. It's the defending two-time 2A champs against the two time 3A champs.

Prediction:

I like Fulton to keep the momentum rolling. I believe they'll avenge last year's beating that Alcoa handed to them. The Fulton defense has been dominant this year. They'll find a way to keep Shiverdecker in check and limit the big plays from Lanxter. Offensively look for a steady diet of Rogan. I'll take the Falcons by 6 :ph34r:

It should be a good one. Alcoa will win.

Alcoa wins by 2 TD's.

Fulton is a very talented team, their defense is nasty. Rogan is arguably the best RB in East Tennessee and Freeney is a speedy little receiver. They also have a pretty good young QB. Fulton is talented from top to bottom.

However, Alcoa's defense isn't too bad either, and the stats don't lie: six straight scoreless quarters, the best secondary in the state (Lanxter 2 INT's, Sommer 2 INT's, Thompson 1 INT, Green 15 tackles against Maryville), and just the fact that they went down to the wire with the best team in the state. Rae Sykes is the most dominant defensive player in the state, I know how big Fulton's line is, but trust me he won't be stopped one on one. Bart Hicks is an awesome linebacker who will knock someone's head off.

I think we'll have a litltle trouble running the ball agaisnt them like last year, but we do run three deep at RB with Shiverdecker, Tate, and Hodge, there's not too much of a drop when Shivy goes out. If the ground game is stopped; however, I think we can be successful throwing the football like last year. Fulton's small secondary (Rogan and Freeney both below 6'0) will have trouble Lanxter (6'3) and Sommer (6'1).

I look forward to watching a good game, but as I said before I think Alcoa comes out on top.

This will be a different game from last year IMO. Fulton has an experienced QB and that will make a huge difference. The Fulton defense will be tough to run against but anyone that thinks this Tornado team is less than their predecessors would be greatly mistaken. (CAK thought so) It may not have the marquee players like Warren and Lindsey but they have more very good players and much better coaching. This game should be a classic. :thumb:

This will be a different game from last year IMO. Fulton has an experienced QB and that will make a huge difference. The Fulton defense will be tough to run against but anyone that thinks this Tornado team is less than their predecessors would be greatly mistaken. (CAK thought so) It may not have the marquee players like Warren and Lindsey but they have more very good players and much better coaching. This game should be a classic. B)

I agree :blink: