Giles Co. Bobcats Football

Big Country

Congrats to Giles Co. on the big region win at Cheatham Co. last night. You guys were without the services of your best football player in #8 Sam Edgmon and still played well and won a game in which you controlled throughout it seemed. #1 Joseph Dunnavant is a tremendous athlete at quarterback. He is quick and makes good decisions with the ball. #5 Josh Perez did a good job of picking up the slack for Edgmon last night. Defensively you guys looked good, especially #24 Reynolds & #49 Dangerfield, for most of the contest. Your kicker #21 Stafford has a tremendous leg and he'll be a weapon that helps you guys win if you're ever in a game where a team takes you to the wire. Personally I don't see Giles Co. losing or even being challenged in a game until they play Lipscomb and Marshall Co. to wrap up the regular season. Don't worry about that comment though and just take things one step at a time. Coach O'Connor is doing a good job down there in Pulaski. Keep up the good work and enjoy your bye week and best of luck in two weeks against Spring Hill and throughout the rest of the season.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Big Country, the coaches had us well prepared for the game. Not having Edgmon did have a couple heads down but we knew we could do it if we worked as a unit. Dunavant played extremely well last night most of the time and Perez did and excellent job. Best of luck to Cheatham County for the rest of the season.

Thanks Big Country, the coaches had us well prepared for the game. Not having Edgmon did have a couple heads down but we knew we could do it if we worked as a unit. Dunavant played extremely well last night most of the time and Perez did and excellent job. Best of luck to Cheatham County for the rest of the season.

I agree with my teamate on this one. Coach O'Conner did a fantastic job getting us mentally prepared for this one. We'd like to thank all the fans as well who support us everyday in the community. It just makes you feel succesful if the community is behind you100%. Cheatham County will do really well in the rest of the season i believe. We're just taking it day by day leading up to every game and we plan to make a good showing each and every time we step out onto the football. Coach O'ConnER EXPECTS us to win every time we put the strap up and the lights come on, and if we get better everyday, i believe we have a real shot at making it far into the playoffs. <_<