MBA vs. CPA

lmsaint79

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CPA should be overmatched in general and a bit outsized; however, I remember last year's game as somewhat even for the 1st half, and CPA's offense was basically nonexistent. THe 2nd half MBA took over physically.

That is not the case this year, with CPA's offense vastly improved and most of those starters who played against MBA last year are back. CPA's defense is also improved and actually (despite alot of points scored the frist 2 games) is the strength of the team.

I don't know if CPA can win and actually would prefer a loss with no injuries; however, this game will help CPA down the road as they will not face a team as good as MBA until they meet Goodpasture week 10 or Alcoa, if they make the Blue Cross Bowl.

Games like this prepare the team to not be intimidated by anyone.

I say MBA: 24-20, but would not be surprised if CPA wins.

Edited by divepix

Yes, gallant comeback by CPA. MBA's RBs tired late, but had some nice holes early on. MBA sophomore RB Patrick Crum (12 carries, 130 yards) has some great moves.

Final unofficial stats:

CPA: 25 rushes, 85 yards; 8-28 passing, 150 yards, 235 total yards, 2 TOs

MBA: 52 rushes, 267 yards; 5-12 passing, 34 yards, 301 total yards, 3 TOs

Good effort by CPA. They should do well in 2A, and Alcoa's loss tonight (albeit to a higher classification team) makes I-2A more interesting.

RRR

Yes, gallant comeback by CPA. MBA's RBs tired late, but had some nice holes early on. MBA sophomore RB Patrick Crum (12 carries, 130 yards) has some great moves.

Final unofficial stats:

Good effort by CPA. They should do well in 2A, and Alcoa's loss tonight (albeit to a higher classification team) makes I-2A more interesting.

RRR

Wow, those offensive stats harken the old days of MBA football. When was the last time MBA had just 34 yards passing?

You're right about CPA in 2A. Pretty surprised by Alcoa's loss. Good luck to CPA the rest of the way.

Divepix Game Report:

First Half: CPA defense played really well, both teams were slowed by penalties and mistakes. MBA went up 7-0 on a good drive mostly running the ball (both running backs for MBA are VERY GOOD). Then CPA scored on a long 75 yard bomb perfectly thrown about 50 yards in the air. Missed the kick. 7-6 MBA.

Score held up until late in 1st half. CPA had MBA backed up late in half, called 2 timeouts on long yardage plays and got burned as MBA got a very generous pass interference call on a poorly thrown ball that gave them a first down, then they had a long run on 4th down (missed tackes by CPA) to score with 8 seconds to go in the half. 14-6 MBA at half.

Second Half: MBA dominated the 3rd quarter with the run (Waddey was unreal) breaking tackles, CPA's pass offense could not get untracked and MBA went up 28-6 going into the 4th quarter.

Finally inthe 4th, CPA takes advantage of a MBA fumble on about MBA's 20 and make the 2-point conversion. MBA: 28-14. Then CPA executes a perfect misdirection onside kick. They drive but have a REALLY CLOSE no catch call on the sideline in the endzone. CPA receiver was sure he was in bounds (I couldn't see it).

CPA holds and gets the ball back on a punt with about 2 minutes to play. They drive about 50 yards and cut the lead to 28-21 with about 30 seconds left in game. They can;t get onside kick and MBA runs out clock.

MBA;s size and team speed were obviously superior at times, but CPA's defense played really tough considering the offense didn't do much for about 1/2 the game. All in all, a good showing by CPA considering the competition level. I'm proud of the Lions showing a lot of heart when down 28-6 in the 2nd half and coming back.

Final unofficial stats:

RRR

Fulton is loaded. Alcoa will still be very difficult to dethrone.