Clearing Up Earlier Statements

HeismanBlaze

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's take a hypothetical situation ...

Let's say, Bear Bryant is coaching ... it's during his era, yet the internet is available. One of his younger coaches, because Bear wouldn't even care about coming "online" tells him a player has posted, complaining about his playing time.

Bear checks it out.

Player never sees a down of football.

This post really blew me away, sorry.

Thats why your not a high school football coach, I would imagine this is a 13,14, or a 15 year KID, while I agree getting on CoachT and posting about playing time, might not be the best way to go about it. Why, not give the kid some guidance as to how to better approach the situation. What your saying, is a kid makes one mistake and so he never sets foot on the field. Maybe when your kids are older, you'll understand this, or maybe not.

Edited by catback

Bah, no need in arguing with the bitter, post edited for kindness.

I will say this, however, just because someone doesn't share your opinion, doesn't mean you should attack them.

My son is four. And I guarantee you, without a shadow of a doubt, no matter if he is in middle school, high school, reform school, if he posts on a website about lack of playing time, he won't have to worry about the coach.

I will give him a parental one-game suspension. Wow, a parent stepping up ... that's a wild concept.

Edited by TankTalk

Bah, no need in arguing with the bitter, post edited for kindness.

I will say this, however, just because someone doesn't share your opinion, doesn't mean you should attack them.

My son is four. And I guarantee you, without a shadow of a doubt, no matter if he is in middle school, high school, reform school, if he posts on a website about lack of playing time, he won't have to worry about the coach.

I will give him a parental one-game suspension. Wow, a parent stepping up ... that's a wild concept.

I have nothing to be bitter about???? Did you think for a moment that the kid may have taken your post as an attack?? Where is is that thick skin your always talking about? Also, your original post said never set foot on the field, not a one game suspension. Oh and just in case you think Im taking this stance because my boys dont get playing time, your wrong, the senior has played since his Soph. year, and my freshman may get some playing time this year.

you need to take some medication and calm down. I don't even know who your boys are, nor do I care that you have taken such issue with my statements.

But trust me, I have heard worse, it goes hand-in-hand with those willing to offer an opinion, something I have always been willing to do. And I have always offered mine without worrying about being anonymous when I do it.

I am done with this conversation, arguing over the internet is about as useful as ... hmmm, nothing clever to come up with, but you get the idea.

Good luck to you ... and your boys.

Edited by TankTalk

you need to take some medication and calm down. I don't even know who your boys are, nor do I care that you have taken such issue with my statements.

But trust me, I have heard worse, it goes hand-in-hand with those willing to offer an opinion, something I have always been willing to do. And I have always offered mine without worrying about being anonymous when I do it.

I am done with this conversation, arguing over the internet is about as useful as ... hmmm, nothing clever to come up with, but you get the idea.

Good luck to you ... and your boys.

I'm not sure, but I think I took my vitamines this morning, I don't take anything else, got any you want to share? For someone who does not care, the PM you sent me would lead me to think otherwise. No response to the one I sent you?

I'm sorry you felt attacked, for that I will apologize, but your PM, and other posts on this thread and on other threads were uncalled for.IMO And I'll leave it at that!

Edited by catback

I'm not gonna take back what I said about the coach. But I am going to say, I'm tired of being disrespected and put down on my team just because I dont play in the games. All I want is a chance to prove I can play and gain respect from my teammates. I don't care about starting, I just wanna play. I have heart, I've busted my butt for 2yrs, working hard in the weight room and harder on the field. I started last season weiging 160 now I weigh and estimated 200 lbs. I just want to gain the respect of my teammates, my coaches, and eveyrone who watches me. All I want is a chance 2 shine, one time b4 the seasons over. I'm tired of comments like "You don't even play in the games" when I try 2 step up and b a leader, or comments like" Your never goin 2 get in a game anyway" when I make an open field tackle on someone bigger then me. All I want is respect, I don't want favoritism, I don't run my mouth, I want my chance , and the others on the sideline 2 have their chance 2 shine. Some of the others have made great plays in practice, but never see a game from the field.

:( what a joke you are seriously posting on the t about your playing time :D please someone delete this topic what a joke :(:(

I have nothing to be bitter about???? Did you think for a moment that the kid may have taken your post as an attack?? Where is is that thick skin your always talking about? Also, your original post said never set foot on the field, not a one game suspension. Oh and just in case you think Im taking this stance because my boys dont get playing time, your wrong, the senior has played since his Soph. year, and my freshman may get some playing time this year.

I'm with Tanktalk. If this a legitimate post. All I have to say to this kid is ....Welcome to the Real World Kid. Time to grow up. Maybe that's what the coach is trying to teach you.

I'm with Tanktalk. If this a legitimate post. All I have to say to this kid is ....Welcome to the Real World Kid. Time to grow up. Maybe that's what the coach is trying to teach you.

What I would suggest is to get over the selfishness for now. What I know that alot of the others don't is the team this senior is griping about not getting playing time with is having a hard time getting it together and personally I couldn't see any coach chosing a time when your experienced team is struggling to plug in an inexperienced player because he wants it to be. I also saw where he talks about making a big tackle in practice but yet feels uncomfortable playing defense. Sounds like... I'm a senior and I want to play running back. Last year when this team had it better together I saw many substitutions late in games- those comfort zones haven't come yet. If you can't support your team from wherever you are on the field as a high school player especially when they are down then maybe you should sign up for a community sport that requires the coach to play each player a certain number of minutes like Jaycee ball..................

maybe im wrong, but im assuming you play for blackman? if so, you have to understand that your coach is HUNGRY for wins, more so than your hunger for playing time...your stakes arent as high as his, he's trying to keep his paycheck and food on the table. plus i think that means your behind jeremy mimms and blake bragg? well i think it would be hard to play over either of those guys, their pretty talented. i mean truth be told, you should be thankful you didnt get to play in the riverdale game this past week :lol:.

hey man i respect you though <_<:lol: