Worst overall 5a Region

Trust Me

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Region 7-5a. Does ANY team EVER come out of there? :thumb:

Ridgeway lost in the semi-finals last year to Ravenwood,overall I would agree with you,it is not the strongest region in the state,but if Iam not mistaken Millington knocked off the number 2 seed in 8-5a in last years playoffs and 8-5a is to some the strongest region in the state,I think with Ridgeway,Millington,Bolton,Cordova,and Bartlett the next couple of years should be be alot better.

Region 6 is usually pretty top heavy (FHS, RHS, BHS, then the rest are below ave to awful) This year I'm not even sure how top heavy it is. BHS appears to be pretty down but will make the playoffs because the rest of the region is it's usual weak self. RHS is struggling (yes, I know they barely lost to BA, but they also got smoked by Antioch and Father Ryan in scrimmages)...that leaves Franklin to probably walk away with it. Independence appears to be on the upswing, but not yet a contender playoff-wise and Dickson will probably be average as usual.

Edited by Lifer

Oh...and then there are the "never-rans" of the region...Columbia, NE and Centennial.

Haha, ah, how little you know about our little region.

For starters, scrimmages mean as much as preseasons do in the NFL. According to your logic, Indianapolis and Pittsburgh are going to have horrible seasons, based on preseason.

Next, Independence will be in the playoffs this year, and I can see them easily making a quarterfinal run. After all, its not as if region 5-5A ever has anyone (outside of Gallatin) who really does well in the playoffs.

Lastly, two of those "never rans" in the region joined the region last year. You hardly give anyone time to do anything, do you?

Centennial, on the other hand, has no excuse, and deserves all the criticism in the world.

Haha, ah, how little you know about our little region.

For starters, scrimmages mean as much as preseasons do in the NFL. According to your logic, Indianapolis and Pittsburgh are going to have horrible seasons, based on preseason.

Next, Independence will be in the playoffs this year, and I can see them easily making a quarterfinal run. After all, its not as if region 5-5A ever has anyone (outside of Gallatin) who really does well in the playoffs.

Lastly, two of those "never rans" in the region joined the region last year. You hardly give anyone time to do anything, do you?

Centennial, on the other hand, has no excuse, and deserves all the criticism in the world.

I didn't mean that Ind. wouldn't MAKE the playoffs, I meant they won't make a run IN the playoffs yet (and no...they won't make the quarters). Agreed...scrimmages don't count, but if you think Rector didn't care about losing to Antioch and Coach Woodward, you need your head examined. I was there. This was played like a game and it wasn't much of one. The score was closer than the game itself. Ravenwood may get better and, yes, considering the region, they will make the playoffs, but Franklin is the only one who will make noise this year. I don't care what region teams were in, Columbia's never had much and NE hasn't since Travis Stephens left. The point is this though....this region typically has 3 teams and a bunch of others. The top 3 have been as good as anybody the last several years...the rest are, again, below ave. to awful. Given another year or 2, it will be those 3 and Ind. and the rest might as well start wrestling and playing basketball.