Worst overall 5a Region

Trust Me

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They just play the weakest bracket in the State.

There's no substantial evidence to base that claim. How many times has your region competed against Region 5-5A in the playoffs. Never. The fact that different teams are coming from the West bracket every year shows that it is more competitive, whereas it is essentially Riverdale, aside from last year.

There's no substantial evidence to base that claim. How many times has your region competed against Region 5-5A in the playoffs. Never. The fact that different teams are coming from the West bracket every year shows that it is more competitive, whereas it is essentially Riverdale, aside from last year.

You may be good in English but you stink in math. The facts are in black and white indigenous 6 rock.

Region 3. 2-8 gets you in the playoffs. The only thing region 3 has going for them are Cookeville and Lincoln Counties past championships. These two teams have the only chance of winning a first round game, but I think region 3 5A will go 1-3 in the first round this year. The #1 seed will win then loose in the second round. Riverdales region has to be the tuffest and thats who region 3 plays.

Didnt a team from region 3 5A get 70 points scored on them in a playoff game 2 years ago? That should show us a little something.

Edited by SCtribe

Region 3. 2-8 gets you in the playoffs. The only thing region 3 has going for them are Cookeville and Lincoln Counties past championships. These two teams have the only chance of winning a first round game, but I think region 3 5A will go 1-3 in the first round this year. The #1 seed will win then loose in the second round. Riverdales region has to be the tuffest and thats who region 3 plays.

Didnt a team from region 3 5A get 70 points scored on them in a playoff game 2 years ago? That should show us a little something.

2004 1st round region 3 #3 Coffee Co. @ region 4 #2 Lebanon

Final score was Lebanon 71 Coffee Co. 14

That's funny, because Centennial, who was a #4 seed in '03, beat Antioch, the #1 seed. Dickson Co. is far from weak and beat Hendersonville last week, and Independence is one of the top 10 best teams in the state. Columbia will adjust to 5A next year most likely, and Northeast just stinks.

Don't you all see that its cyclical? You all are only looking at the past few years with the new alignment. Like your boys quote above is all wrong, Columbia has been 5A before in the late 90's. They had a very good team with Fla. Marlin Dan Uggula & the 4A that they have been in is no drop off from 5A whatsoever. Teams form both of these classes are the about the same regarding depth & numbers. I agree that 3-5A is not to strong at all, however Cookeville & LC can play in anyones region and not be dominated. Just so happens that they line up with 4-5A & that has always meant Riverdale. Lastly, I hope your right about Indy being a top 10 state team. I think its premature to make that decision seeing they haven't played team that is any good this year. Good luck to them Friday night though vs. Franklin. I'll be there.

ah but riverdale was in most of those blue cross bowls playing people from your region, and they won. i don't want to get in an argument though i won't question your education haha

And that is the reason why I put region for as the second best region in the state. Riverdale has one of the best programs in the state, though, for clarification, Riverdale is 1-1 against Region 6-5A in the Blue Cross Bowl, losing to Brentwood and beating Franklin.

Look folks...ambiguousrock is a former back-up kicker for Centennial so his knowledge of the game far surpasses anything anyone on here will ever acheive. The valuable lessons one learns while holding for the starting kicker during practice are innumerable. Centennial's claim to fame is having A (that means one) decent year and beating Antioch in the playoffs when Lamarcus Coker had a broken ankle. rock...I have no dog in the hunt on this CHS beat AHS in the playoffs 3 years ago thing, but give it a rest. If Antioch played Centennial 100 times they'd probably beat them 99 so give your little thingy a rest and stop humping the one win. FACTS: Independence is not a top ten team YET. Beating Hendersonville last year was not a big deal. I never said region 5 has been great in the playoffs, but 5 getting better in the playoffs is more likely than the bottom half of 6 EVER getting better. Gallatin is very good. Antioch is MUCH better as a team this year. You were a back-up kicker on one of the worst teams in 5A history. Now...go hump your win.

Look folks...ambiguousrock is a former back-up kicker for Centennial so his knowledge of the game far surpasses anything anyone on here will ever acheive. The valuable lessons one learns while holding for the starting kicker during practice are innumerable. Centennial's claim to fame is having A (that means one) decent year and beating Antioch in the playoffs when Lamarcus Coker had a broken ankle. rock...I have no dog in the hunt on this CHS beat AHS in the playoffs 3 years ago thing, but give it a rest. If Antioch played Centennial 100 times they'd probably beat them 99 so give your little thingy a rest and stop humping the one win. FACTS: Independence is not a top ten team YET. Beating Hendersonville last year was not a big deal. I never said region 5 has been great in the playoffs, but 5 getting better in the playoffs is more likely than the bottom half of 6 EVER getting better. Gallatin is very good. Antioch is MUCH better as a team this year. You were a back-up kicker on one of the worst teams in 5A history. Now...go hump your win.

Haha, you certainly like to wear out a fact, don't you? Here's a few new ones, I was in the marching band for two years, I sing in a band right now, I'm going to major in Education, and I enjoy reading. That should keep you busy for a year or two.

Now back to the subject at hand. I'm not quite sure what your personal grudge against me has to do with this thread and I'm not quite sure what your point is, other than poorly trying to insult me. The fact that Centennial won in that game is an important point in the playoff history between the two regions.

Independence IS a top 10 team, and though I dont think they will beat Franklin tonight, they will most likely place 2nd in the region, and I predict at least a quarterfinal run for them.

As for your feeble remarks about me personally, I really don't care. You're a faceless figure on a message board, and I'm quite content with my past involving Centennial, as well as my knowledge of high school football now.

As for you, I would be more worried about how you feel more inclined to insult someone you don't know, as opposed to actually learning valid information, and then sharing said information on this board. When you learn to do that, perhaps people, myself included, will care what you have to say.