Brentwood Academy-24 Meridian MS-14

itzme

BA just simply wore down a very good Meridian MS team tonight. Both teams scored on their first posession, and it looked as though it might be one of those games where the last team to have the ball would win. BA struggled a bit with Meridian's no-huddle spread offense in the first, and the teams went to the half tied up 14-14.

BA's D made some nice adjustments at the break, and shut Meridian out in the second half. A couple of nice long drives were the difference, as BA's running game with several rotating backs and a renewed O-Line proved to be too much. BA took the ball over in their own end with about 3 minutes left after a desparation Meridian 4th down try, then drove the ball down the field once again, taking a knee after a first down on Meridian's 15.

Very good win for the Eagles. Still too many penalties, but BA played a very solid game tonight against a quality opponent. Didn't hear the final stats, but I do know that Chris Jordan had 150 yards rushing on 20 carries.

Edited by itzme

It was a good game. I agree that BA is going to have to cut out the penalties -- I think that's as many personal fouls as I've ever seen a C. Flatt team get. I thought the passing game looked a little better and the running game looked great. On D they did make some good adjustments and seemed to tackle better in the second half.

Went to the BA/Meridian game tonight and was sitting in the visitor section. They were as impressed with Jordan as is everyone else. I ask one of their fans if they thought the long drive down made them so sluggish. He said, no it's because they are so undisciplined. He said that is what has cost them before.

Well done, BA. Hopefully tonight's win will neutralize some of the "Tennessee football (stinks)" on the Mississippi Message Boards after South Panola's big win over Germantown and Olive Branch's 89-point win over Memphis Northside.

Since I'm writing from exile, excuse my ignorance here, but what sort of program does Northside have? I know traditionally Germantown is a very solid team.

Went to the BA/Meridian game tonight and was sitting in the visitor section. They were as impressed with Jordan as is everyone else. I ask one of their fans if they thought the long drive down made them so sluggish. He said, no it's because they are so undisciplined. He said that is what has cost them before.

I think BA's offensive line, and the physicality of Jordan made them sluggish. The last couple of drives, they did not want to take Jordan on anymore, and resorted to arm tackiling, which will not work against a 200 pound, fast RB.

Speaking of discipline, it was interesting that after Meridian's first TD, their RB ran behind their bench on the track near the BA section, putting his finger to his lips in the "ssshhh" gesture. Got more laughter and puzzlement from the crowd than anything else. :(