What's really wrong with Warren Co football

WCPIONEERS77

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

! No, Our local "good ole boys" wanted to fulfill their dreams of coaching high school ball and they told their daddy's "Hey get us those jobs,PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!!! We'll even do it for nothing!!!!

Ars you saying our coaches begged thier dads to get them the jobs?

WOW!!!!

Your kid must not be getting to play either!

Yes we do have kids coming out now. What 40-45 players in a school of what 1800.

I'm not sure what you expect but BC had 43 & Sparta had 51, WC lists 53. So I'd say its not how many you have that matters, its what you have. Maybe you should join the recruiting efforts if you think the numbers are the problem........

! No, Our local "good ole boys" wanted to fulfill their dreams of coaching high school ball and they told their daddy's "Hey get us those jobs,PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!!! We'll even do it for nothing!!!!

Ars you saying our coaches begged thier dads to get them the jobs?

WOW!!!!

Your kid must not be getting to play either!

OK 'Pioneer 95' here it comes; I'm assuming, mind you assuming that you might have actually played here. To not see the truth makes me make the statment " Scotty, there is no intelligent life here." A WORKING MAN cannot afford to coach for free in the first place! It takes too much of a man's time. That leaves BOYS with nothing much to do during the day so they "VOLUNTEER" their time to coach. The school system loves this because it saves them MONEY! And to answer your remark about my son? Sorry to disappoint you little buddy, but I'm just a fan. No, the real problem with Warren County football are people that refuse to see the real problem!!!!!

OK 'Pioneer 95' here it comes; I'm assuming, mind you assuming that you might have actually played here. To not see the truth makes me make the statment " Scotty, there is no intelligent life here." A WORKING MAN cannot afford to coach for free in the first place! It takes too much of a man's time. That leaves BOYS with nothing much to do during the day so they "VOLUNTEER" their time to coach. The school system loves this because it saves them MONEY! And to answer your remark about my son? Sorry to disappoint you little buddy, but I'm just a fan. No, the real problem with Warren County football are people that refuse to see the real problem!!!!!

I agree

Let's tweak the topic of this a bit, to "What's really wrong with (insert any high school here) football."

1. Teams lose, and their fans hate it.

2. Parents look at their kids and see NFL, when in reality they should see JV.

3. When the team happens to lose, the parents (whose kids, remember, will all be going pro after 4-year SEC careers) are embarrassed, and comfort the players by telling them "It's OK, if the school would get you a decent coach, I'm sure you would've made that block/not missed that tackle/caught that pass/won that game."

4. Come Monday, since the players are firmly convinced the loss had nothing to do with their performance, they could give two flips about what coaches try to teach them in preparation for the next game. How would the coach know what he's talking about, after all? "Dad told me my coach was BAD, and Dad should know since he played high school ball/coached my pee-wee team/hangs out in the stands with an ex-coach. So why should I listen to what this bad coach has to teach me?"

5. The following game, when the player now not only has a lack of natural talent but is backing it up with a healthy dose of ATTITUDE, he could care even less about his team's success than he did last week.

Dad, in the stands and now so into his own story about the "poor" coaching staff that he's in his own twisted plane of reality, now views his son's, and his son's teammates', poor performance and is even more firmly convinced he's correct about everything being the fault of the coaches, or the people who hired them. He checks the scores in the paper the following day and sees a win by the team coached by Candidate A from four years ago, who wanted the job but didn't get it (@#@%# POLITICS!!!), and that bizarro-world sense of reality kicks in again, whereby he's NOW convinced that that former coaching candidate has the SAME PLAYERS that his son's team has. "SEE?!?! We'd have won if we had Coach A on the sidelines!"

Since we're quoting Sci-Fi characters in previous posts, let's paraphrase Han Solo:

"We're out of a few games, and everybody starts getting delusions of grandeur!"

Of course, the above scenario does not apply to every player, be it at Warren Co. or any other school. But if you think it's not happening, all over the country, on every Friday night, you're fooling yourself.

Sorry if that went on for a bit; but i've gone without posting for a couple of years now, and have been dying to get that off my chest. Thanks for reading; now feel free to reply and tell me how dumb I am.

I think Sports Ed has hit the nail right on the head when it comes to highschool sports in general and also in Warren County. I will also say that coaching and administration can and does play a vital role in the success of any program or lack thereof. My question about WC sports has always been how much success do they truly want. I think just having programs to field teams in just fine with the folks in charge. Anyone with any knowledge about the game of football knows that the poor offensive outputs by the Pioneers might have something to do with the lack of experience at the highschool level of the O-coordinator. Also without credentials it is very hard to gain the respect and trust of the players that you coach everyday. He cant command that respect because he has very little track record to go on. When you cannot get the respect of your players then you are fighting and uphill battle. This is a trust that must be built and groomed on a daily basis especially in a situation such as WC. The D guys seem to get it done this year very well because no matter what the situation has been the guys on that side of the ball have continued to play hard. That goes back to teaching and coaching. The last thing I will say is many players have come and gone as well as coaches, assistants, and volunteers. Year after year players come and go-different groups of parent have passed through. The band does different routines. The cheerleaders have new and better uniforms. Everything has changed in the past 15 years in WC during this difficult time in athletics except for ONE THING. ADMINISTRATION. Maybe just maybe that needs to be tweaked. Now like sports ed said- Rip me apart.