Jeff Co vs D-B

PatsFtbll9

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a rock solid DB Football Team.. The Best Graham Clark has ever had. (that was a period). The only thing of worry for the Indians was Brandon Thompson getting a helmet to helmet hit in the 3rd qtr.. he was woozy, but still standing. I hope and expect Brandon will be ok.

I missed the final score prediction by 1 pt each way... sorry Hoople, I will do better next week!!

Let's get it strapped on for the Vikings in the Stone Castle

Good To Great

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

I missed the final score prediction by 1 pt each way... sorry Hoople, I will do better next week!!

Hey! I predicted 48-12 a week ago! I think you copied me and fudged the number a bit to make it look different. ;) Just kidding.

I couldn't believe the DB 3rd (it appeared) string, that didn't appear to know which end of the field to take, scored a touchdown. Way to go guys! Keep it rolling. Next week is going to be a tough row to hoe.

That is a rock solid DB Football Team.. The Best Graham Clark has ever had. (that was a period). The only thing of worry for the Indians was Brandon Thompson getting a helmet to helmet hit in the 3rd qtr.. he was woozy, but still standing. I hope and expect Brandon will be ok.

Let's get it strapped on for the Vikings in the Stone Castle

Good To Great

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

:thumb:

It's still a little to early to be sying "BEST TEAM EVER"!

Edited by worlhead

:unsure:

It's still a little to early to be sying "BEST TEAM EVER"!

WHY?? Why not say it now? That is a loaded team, deep at every position... strong in all, weak in none!! I don't have a problem in recognizing (it is easy too me, I have watched them all) that this is by far and away Graham Clark's best team. That's 14 Teams, this is the best Team.

There have been better QB's in those 14 years than Bo Burton, but he is a very good 5A QB and is the team leader.

There has been better RB's than Sylvester and Barnes...but both are quick, fast, and get up field, they are very good 5A RB's

There have been better WR's than Sensabuah, Ring and Throp... but they are all playmakers and Sensabaugh is no doubt the best WR in East TN.

There has never been in those 14 years a Defense like the '06 Defense... which has, no doubt about it, the school best group of LineBackers ever, in Clark's years or all of the other years included... simply the best.

Win State or get upset in round one won't change the fact that this is Graham Clark's best team ever... just not as successful. But I don't expect an early exit from the playoffs with the Team.

Good To Great

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Good new bad news situation for Jeff County

Bad news-got blown out

Good news-got blown out by probably the best 5A team in the state

Pats just don`t have the horses

BTW, Spencer won`t make it to mid season at this rate

Your right - JC did not have the horses to beat DB, but they deserved a chance to be competitive, and with the offensive game plan I saw from U I don't think he gave them that chance. When you are down 27-0 and DB is bringing the house on every play, how do you run 3 QB draws in a row? I estimate that 6 out of 10 offensive plays we QB draws, and 3 others were runs by the fullback off guard or off tackle. We looked intimidated but they may have not been, may have just realized we are trying to run time off the clock and keep DB from running the score up. I would think it would be tough for kids to stay fired up knowing that the plays your running are not giving you a good chance to move the ball and score. Your right - Spencer won't make it and Zach probably won't either. It is a shame. He doesn't have a lot of horses but take care of the horses you have and feed them with a game plan that gives them a chance to succeed. I think there is tallent at JC - just have to utilize it have a good scheme. Defense plays hard, learning a lot because they are young, but don't look like they are ready to play sometimes. Pray that McFall is not hurt bad becasue we need a tailback. Last night looked like we have a merging of the QB and TB position. I'm sorry but the QB draw will not replace what the TB has been able to do - so Coach U better get a little creative and try a little bit of the short passing game.

Your right - JC did not have the horses to beat DB, but they deserved a chance to be competitive, and with the offensive game plan I saw from U I don't think he gave them that chance. When you are down 27-0 and DB is bringing the house on every play, how do you run 3 QB draws in a row? I estimate that 6 out of 10 offensive plays we QB draws, and 3 others were runs by the fullback off guard or off tackle. We looked intimidated but they may have not been, may have just realized we are trying to run time off the clock and keep DB from running the score up. I would think it would be tough for kids to stay fired up knowing that the plays your running are not giving you a good chance to move the ball and score. Your right - Spencer won't make it and Zach probably won't either. It is a shame. He doesn't have a lot of horses but take care of the horses you have and feed them with a game plan that gives them a chance to succeed. I think there is tallent at JC - just have to utilize it have a good scheme. Defense plays hard, learning a lot because they are young, but don't look like they are ready to play sometimes. Pray that McFall is not hurt bad because we need a tailback. Last night looked like we have a merging of the QB and TB position. I'm sorry but the QB draw will not replace what the TB has been able to do - so Coach U better get a little creative and try a little bit of the short passing game.

I agree with you about the offensive play calling, 3rd and 5 and we call a FB dive? I don`t care if the draws do get us 1st downs we need to stop running so much of them, what happened to the midline option we use to run. At least give the QB someone to pitch to. 3 straight draws was the worse play calling I`ve seen yet. The passing game showed flashes, if we had made some better throws we could have put up some pretty good passing yds. DB dared us to pass once again, and we didn`t take advantage. Good news is the line pass blocked better, we just didn`t complete the passes. Still waiting to the slant or stop route, we ran an out once completed it and never ran it again. Why can we run up the middle with the same play and gain 1yd but not run a pass play more than once?

This question is aimed at DB fans on this thread. I'm not looking for any Jeff Co. fans to jump on the band wagon here, nor do I want to see any comments for South fans.

There was a comment in the Kingsport Times this morning from a couple of the DB players regarding Jeff Co's #13...

From player #1: "McFalls statistics encouraged us to get after him ... we were schemed to beat them and we did". Okay, that's fine, but....

From player #2: "It slowed them down when McFall got hurt. We just wanted to hit him as many times as we could and get him out early".

Now what in heavens name does that mean?!! Some of you out there are apparently friends of these kids. What was on his mind when he said that? I don't personally believe that Coach Clark condones that type of thing. Have I totally misread what he meant?

If I read correctly what this player's mindset is then this is one of those things that needs to be fixed to improve the team. If he meant what he said then he needs to set out a game. Everybody talks about class. This is not it.

Other than that, this is truly one of the greatest DB teams I have ever seen. And yes, maybe the best. I am convinced. But if this team is to go to the state and with some luck - wins, I think we would all like to feel like it was done right - with great sportsmanship. Neutralizing a players effectiveness is a good thing. Going a step beyond that is not. Not only does this type of behavior risk the opposing team member, it also put those hitting him in excessive risk. Just not worth it.

All right, now let me have it.

The statement didn't mean that anyone on the team wanted to cheapshot McFall and get him out of the game. We knew coming in that him being a sophomore, he had never faced a defense like us and he had never been hit hard like we could hit him, so we just wanted to rock him every time he touched the ball because we didn't think he could handle it, and he didn't.

The statement didn't mean that anyone on the team wanted to cheapshot McFall and get him out of the game. We knew coming in that him being a sophomore, he had never faced a defense like us and he had never been hit hard like we could hit him, so we just wanted to rock him every time he touched the ball because we didn't think he could handle it, and he didn't.

Sounds like you're either saying that he was too young for his body to handle it or for him to mentally handle it? It would seem that it was his body more than anything that ended up being the problem, and that may be a mistake made by his coaches.

What really matters for DB was the intent of specific individuals in your defense. If your intent is to stop him cold in his tracks - deny him what he does best, I support you 100%. You have a GREAT defense and no supporter wants to see that change to the negative - myself included. But if heaven forbid the intent of any player was to knock him out of the game, I support you 0% - as if what I care matters.

Sounds like you are saying that the intent was simply to stop him cold. I take you at your word.

Just wanted to add to what Catfish said......the DB defensive unit is a great bunch of guys who want to give it their all every game. Do they want to hit hard and often? Sure! Do they go out there saying they want to inflict pain? Sure! Do they want to really injure any other players? No way. When the player was quoted I feel sure he meant take him out of "his" game......not the way it seemed in print. What we need to remember is that these players are being interviewed after games and they are excited and sometimes what they say is taken totally out of context. DB fans hope JC's running back a speedy recovery and our prayers are also with Brandon, Zack, John Mark, and Nathan. Here's to an injury free season.........the rest of it anyway! Roll Tribe! We're proud of you!

Here's another thing you have to remember. It was in the Kingsport Times News!

It could be that the player was misquoted, It could be that the player didn't even say anything like that. Heck for all I know what was in the paper might be "third hand information" The Kingsport Times News hardley ever sends a reporter to the DB games. Its even possible they made the whole interview thing up. Not saying they did, but it wouldn't suprise me.