#8 Dyer Co at Obion Co

VOREBS

Ok, so hear we go, Region week is upon us, and what looks to be a very good game in Troy will match #8 ranked Dyer Co against the Rebels of Obion Co. The Rebels need a region win, and I think this is a game OC will win. OC will have to continue to adjust after the injury to Logan Parker, and will have to find DC's Flowers, as he the real deal at running back. Let's hear the predictions....OC or DC, which team will be "dancing" when this ones over.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not ready to drink from the orange-colored Dyer County Kool-Aid just yet....Let's look at some facts....Dyer Co has one what you might could call quality win...They came from behind to beat an up and down,to say the least,Haywood ballclub in Newbern..A Tomcat club that is 1-3 by the way....Murray Ky is an awful 1A Kentucky school and Chester Co just lost to Byhalia,Miss...Yes,that Byhalia team that Lake Co has given two wood-shed beatings to the last couple of years....Andre Flowers is a top notch running back,but OC has been having success of late with teams that are more one dimensional....Dyer Co will HAVE to throw and will have to use more than one back..They have more trouble with teams such as Crockett Co who has three,four or even five players that can beat you either with the run or the pass....If I'm Dyer Co,I'm a little concerned right now with what exactly the Rebels are going to do...The Rebels are not out of options on offense by any means..The loss of Logan is really big...It would be for anybody...But I seem to remember a Crockett Co team that lost their starting QB to a season ending injury in a jamboree and a little known guy came on and did a fine job as a starter....And I believe Dyersburg lost one maybe two QB's last season and had to go to a running back to step up and fill the roll...10-1 is not bad for a team that lost their starting qb....Don't worry about homecoming being a distraction with this senior-led group because it won't...Also I think the Rebels might have a little something they want to show former and long-time Rebel assistant coach Barry Kendall.....

Rebels win this one 27-14......

I'm not ready to drink from the orange-colored Dyer County Kool-Aid just yet....Let's look at some facts....Dyer Co has one what you might could call quality win...They came from behind to beat an up and down,to say the least,Haywood ballclub in Newbern..A Tomcat club that is 1-3 by the way....Murray Ky is an awful 1A Kentucky school and Chester Co just lost to Byhalia,Miss...Yes,that Byhalia team that Lake Co has given two wood-shed beatings to the last couple of years....Andre Flowers is a top notch running back,but OC has been having success of late with teams that are more one dimensional....Dyer Co will HAVE to throw and will have to use more than one back..They have more trouble with teams such as Crockett Co who has three,four or even five players that can beat you either with the run or the pass....If I'm Dyer Co,I'm a little concerned right now with what exactly the Rebels are going to do...The Rebels are not out of options on offense by any means..The loss of Logan is really big...It would be for anybody...But I seem to remember a Crockett Co team that lost their starting QB to a season ending injury in a jamboree and a little known guy came on and did a fine job as a starter....And I believe Dyersburg lost one maybe two QB's last season and had to go to a running back to step up and fill the roll...10-1 is not bad for a team that lost their starting qb....Don't worry about homecoming being a distraction with this senior-led group because it won't...Also I think the Rebels might have a little something they want to show former and long-time Rebel assistant coach Barry Kendall.....

Rebels win this one 27-14......

backinthaoc,

Do you think if Brady has some struggles early on in the Dyer Co., you might see Garrett Grady back behind center?

backintha...that is an interesting question for the week. What moves will be made on offense? So far the Rebs have been able to plug in the right people to deal with injuries. It is a good thing there was some depth on this club, as some teams would be done if they were dealing with the injuries OC has had thus far. As for this weeks contest, if Dyer Co is basically a "Flowers left, Flowers right" ballclub, and I am not saying they are, they will struggle against OC. We saw that last week. I agree, DC will need to do some different things on offense. When the Rebs are on offense, DC will have to deal with several different backs, and an offensive line that is playing well. this one could be a GOOD one, but when the smoke clears, I say OC 28 DC 14.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: dc wins due to logans injury, flowers will have 150 yards and 3 scores

High School Fan,

We will certainly miss Logan, but we Have more players on this team than Logan, Logan does not play one down of defense on this team, so I can not see your point of us getting beat by 3 scores, not saying it cant happen ,but I just dont see it.