#8 Dyer Co at Obion Co

VOREBS

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

High School Fan,

We will certainly miss Logan, but we Have more players on this team than Logan, Logan does not play one down of defense on this team, so I can not see your point of us getting beat by 3 scores, not saying it cant happen ,but I just dont see it.

cradd4....very true, while Logan's injury does change things with the offense, the defense is entact, and based on last week's game not only playing well, but handing out some slobber-knocker hits on people. Three weeks in, one thing I have seen, the Reb "D" will hit you, and hit you hard.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not ready to drink from the orange-colored Dyer County Kool-Aid just yet....Let's look at some facts....Dyer Co has one what you might could call quality win...They came from behind to beat an up and down,to say the least,Haywood ballclub in Newbern..A Tomcat club that is 1-3 by the way....Murray Ky is an awful 1A Kentucky school and Chester Co just lost to Byhalia,Miss...Yes,that Byhalia team that Lake Co has given two wood-shed beatings to the last couple of years....Andre Flowers is a top notch running back,but OC has been having success of late with teams that are more one dimensional....Dyer Co will HAVE to throw and will have to use more than one back..They have more trouble with teams such as Crockett Co who has three,four or even five players that can beat you either with the run or the pass....If I'm Dyer Co,I'm a little concerned right now with what exactly the Rebels are going to do...The Rebels are not out of options on offense by any means..The loss of Logan is really big...It would be for anybody...But I seem to remember a Crockett Co team that lost their starting QB to a season ending injury in a jamboree and a little known guy came on and did a fine job as a starter....And I believe Dyersburg lost one maybe two QB's last season and had to go to a running back to step up and fill the roll...10-1 is not bad for a team that lost their starting qb....Don't worry about homecoming being a distraction with this senior-led group because it won't...Also I think the Rebels might have a little something they want to show former and long-time Rebel assistant coach Barry Kendall.....

Rebels win this one 27-14......

You know I have thought the same thing since I heard that DC was ranked. Not taking anything away from DC, but they have not beat anybody that has proven to be a solid football team. Haywood Co can be very, very good, but they have been hit or miss. Chester Co. is struggling, and Murray, Ky, from what some Ky friends of mine have told me is indeed pretty bad this year. DC does have a Region win, and a win Friday night in Troy would put them in good shape in the region after week 4. But the rebs have already played Crockett, and really need to pick up a region win. As I have said before, this Rebel team is a veteran club, and these guys know what they have to do. Expect a hard hitting defensive effort by OC, and another "spread the wealth" offensive night, and.......a Rebel win in week 4.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

High School Fan,

We will certainly miss Logan, but we Have more players on this team than Logan, Logan does not play one down of defense on this team, so I can not see your point of us getting beat by 3 scores, not saying it cant happen ,but I just dont see it.

im not downing oc i think yall have a great team i just believe that logan was the focus point on oc's offince, just like flowers is the focus point on dc's team.. i think you took my post the wrong way,,, and i am sorry if i didnt make it clear,, oc is a good squad and will play hard from the first play to the last play, by saying that i also wont to point out that dc is no crockett but as far as the athletes they have 3 times the athletes than gibson and dresden had and thats why i believe it will be a 3 score game, dc also has one of oc's former coaches who knows oc's program,,, with all that said i still have my pic and it will be dc by 3 scores,,, good luck to both teams

Edited by high school sports fan

You know I have thought the same thing since I heard that DC was ranked. Not taking anything away from DC, but they have not beat anybody that has proven to be a solid football team. Haywood Co can be very, very good, but they have been hit or miss. Chester Co. is struggling, and Murray, Ky, from what some Ky friends of mine have told me is indeed pretty bad this year. DC does have a Region win, and a win Friday night in Troy would put them in good shape in the region after week 4. But the rebs have already played Crockett, and really need to pick up a region win. As I have said before, this Rebel team is a veteran club, and these guys know what they have to do. Expect a hard hitting defensive effort by OC, and another "spread the wealth" offensive night, and.......a Rebel win in week 4.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw Dyersburg and Calloway Co play in the Pella Bowl up in Murray....I thought Calloway was one of the worst football teams I ever saw...They were small and not physical at all...D-Burg toyed with them...Calloway beat Murray 44-0..That's all I have to say about Murray.... :thumb:

Chester Co got beat by Byhalia,Miss at home 8-0...Byhalia has played Lake County the last two years and been beat down...Now I know Lake Co is a good team,but Lake Co is a 1A school and Chester Co is 3A...8-0 to Byhalia,Miss...That's all I have to say about Chester Co..except that CC was leading Dyer Co in the 3rd quarter.... :blink:

Like I said earlier,who knows which Haywood team will show up,not only game to game but quarter to quarter...And they led DC in the 4th quarter...

Dyer Co will play OC tough,prime example last year when OC won in Newbern 13-12..DC has a better line than Gibson Co so Flowers will get his tough yards..OC has to keep him from getting those couple of 65 or 70 yard runs....AND OC has to limit turnovers and penalties....I'm sure you will see a no nonsense type approach to the offense and I feel like OC will lean on their strength,which is their senior line...Look for Grooms and Grady to get alot of carries and don't be surprised if you see Catfish break one off....OC will be the best team DC has faced so far this year....

I saw Dyersburg and Calloway Co play in the Pella Bowl up in Murray....I thought Calloway was one of the worst football teams I ever saw...They were small and not physical at all...D-Burg toyed with them...Calloway beat Murray 44-0..That's all I have to say about Murray.... B)

Chester Co got beat by Byhalia,Miss at home 8-0...Byhalia has played Lake County the last two years and been beat down...Now I know Lake Co is a good team,but Lake Co is a 1A school and Chester Co is 3A...8-0 to Byhalia,Miss...That's all I have to say about Chester Co..except that CC was leading Dyer Co in the 3rd quarter.... :)

Like I said earlier,who knows which Haywood team will show up,not only game to game but quarter to quarter...And they led DC in the 4th quarter...

Dyer Co will play OC tough,prime example last year when OC won in Newbern 13-12..DC has a better line than Gibson Co so Flowers will get his tough yards..OC has to keep him from getting those couple of 65 or 70 yard runs....AND OC has to limit turnovers and penalties....I'm sure you will see a no nonsense type approach to the offense and I feel like OC will lean on their strength,which is their senior line...Look for Grooms and Grady to get alot of carries and don't be surprised if you see Catfish break one off....OC will be the best team DC has faced so far this year....

you are probly right.... but flowers is the best running back oc has faced and a solid line blocking for him.... i am not taking sides it will be good game and if oc can stop flowers they will win but i cant see that happining because the oc defence will be tired after spending the hole game on the field,,,flowers will break out in the fourth :)

you are probly right.... but flowers is the best running back oc has faced and a solid line blocking for him.... i am not taking sides it will be good game and if oc can stop flowers they will win but i cant see that happining because the oc defence will be tired after spending the hole game on the field,,,flowers will break out in the fourth :thumb:

I think Matt Hewett is a better running back than Andre Flowers.

im not downing oc i think yall have a great team i just believe that logan was the focus point on oc's offince, just like flowers is the focus point on dc's team.. i think you took my post the wrong way,,, and i am sorry if i didnt make it clear,, oc is a good squad and will play hard from the first play to the last play, by saying that i also wont to point out that dc is no crockett but as far as the athletes they have 3 times the athletes than gibson and dresden had and thats why i believe it will be a 3 score game, dc also has one of oc's former coaches who knows oc's program,,, with all that said i still have my pic and it will be dc by 3 scores,,, good luck to both teams

There is no focus point to OC's offense. The ball gets distributed evenly to all the backs. The design to the mid line option attack is to take what the defense gives you. And as far as Coach Kendall knowing OC 's program, I'm sure Coach Bowling has more than a few tricks uo his sleeve. :thumb:

you are probly right.... but flowers is the best running back oc has faced and a solid line blocking for him.... i am not taking sides it will be good game and if oc can stop flowers they will win but i cant see that happining because the oc defence will be tired after spending the hole game on the field,,,flowers will break out in the fourth :lol:

So I assume that you do not think the Rebels offense will have ANY success, and the defense will be on the field all night, as Dyer Co runs one long time consuming drive after another. OC will be able to move the football on DC, and will move it well. As for the Rebel defense, they will be fine, and I think will be able to slow Flowers, and while he will get some yardage, because he is a GOOD back, I still think the Rebs will find him enough to get the "W".

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OC again will be forced to make adjustments this week in practice after losing a key player from the GC game last week :o Depth is a blessing this Rebel team has with young guys stepping up their games of late. One thing is for sure, this is one of the most prepared teams when Friday evening rolls around which is a credit to the coaching staff. The guys up front were so dominant last week on both sides of the ball that whoever comes out of the OC backfield will have room to move. My big factors as it relates to the latest OC/DC game is this:: 1) Will the Choctaws have anything in playbook or anyone to step up and make a play if Flowers is contained for the better part of the game and 2) Can DC's line handle the physical style of the OC trenchmen who are athletic and experienced enough to change the whole outcome of a game.. :thumb: My hunch is they'll enjoy the dance after the game::

OC 27

DC 17

Should be a fun time at Rebel Field on Friday night :thumb: