High School Websites

cowgirl

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this one website isnt just football but covers every sport but they do football very good its calld www.mckenzierebels.com they got pix storys and tv shows on there and its alwasy updated so go check it out they do junior hi to so if u wanna kno anything about the mckenzie rebels this is where u need to go

There are some pretty darn good websites for some of the Tennessee high school teams...and while I am definitely a very critical person when it comes to design, ease of use, and functionality on websites...I think there are some that stand out as "really good" websites.

I also love to see high quality photos on websites....which can be done efficiently.

Of all the websites mentioned on this forum I would rank them like this:

1. Farragut

2. Blackman

3. Hixson

4. Riverdale

5. White House

6. Crockett County

Of course...I run the website for Crockett County. It does not have as much content as I would like, but I think it is well laid out and easy to use. Of course, it is hard to get content on the site while taking college classes 350 miles away. Some of the other sites mentioned do have more "stuff" on them, but they are not easy to navigate. Not to say they are bad but I jsut think these sites stand out above some of the others. I REALLY like Farragut's site!

Some things I don't like (just personal taste, but many professional people would tell you the same thing):

1. Music....should NOT be loaded and played automatically ont he homepage. It distracts many of the people that will visit your website. Instead of looking for a way to turn it off, they just leave.

2. KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid)...see Google.com. There is a way to provide a lot of information without putting 20,000 links on one single page. The viewer is overwhelmed.

3. Good photos...do not use grainy, low res pictures. But also do not use high res pictures (remember 72 dpi is reccomended for web viewing). Either use good pictures or no pictures at all. People see pictures first!

4. Interactivity...use some flash buttons and some element of Java script to entertain the viewer. I know I always have fun with flash menus just rolling my mouse back and forth.

5. MOST IMPORTANT!!! Keep your site updated...this keeps them coming back.

I don't know why I decided to type all of this...guess I'm just an internet dork, but maybe this will help someone with their site. I know the first few tries I took with CrockettFootball.com were well below what I consider my "standards" right now...and there is always room to improve. I know I learn something new everyday!

Edited by FormerCav