Options If Your School Doesn't Offer Soccer

DonCChatt

Here is a good question

Your school has a girls soccer team and not a boys program. Would the boy be allowed to play for the girls team?

I would think he should be able to.

Heck yes he should be allowed to play. I think title IX would pretty much guarantee that if someone ever took it to court. Unless of course title IX discriminates then Title IX should be thrown off the books. It certainly allows for girls to be able to play football.

I keep waiting for a bunch of male athletes to challenge the TSSAA and go out for their schools volleyball team. A guy should have every right to play volleyball just like it has been ruled that a girl has every right to play football. This equal rights thing has to work both ways or it`s not really equal rights. Personally I`d love to see boys volleyball become a TSSAA sport, but in the meantime I`d love to see some guys step forward and challenge this under title IX.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck yes he should be allowed to play. I think title IX would pretty much guarantee that if someone ever took it to court. Unless of course title IX discriminates then Title IX should be thrown off the books. It certainly allows for girls to be able to play football.

I keep waiting for a bunch of male athletes to challenge the TSSAA and go out for their schools volleyball team. A guy should have every right to play volleyball just like it has been ruled that a girl has every right to play football. This equal rights thing has to work both ways or it`s not really equal rights. Personally I`d love to see boys volleyball become a TSSAA sport, but in the meantime I`d love to see some guys step forward and challenge this under title IX.

What high school male athletic enough to make the team would expose himself to ruthless ridicule by seriously trying out for a girl's team?

As a general rule, males are athletically superior to females. The purpose of women's teams is so that women can compete with their athletic equals. If a woman is talented enough to legitimately earn a place on a men's team, so be it. Men attempting to compete on women's teams serves absolutely no purpose other than some silly protest against Title IX.

What a joke.

Which girls team did you play on?

I am with you VolGen, Title IX goes both ways. My senior year of high school the volleyball coach asked me to come play with the team. I tried to get my football coach to go for it, but he didn't, so I didn't get to play. I don't see anything wrong with it. I remember a few years back an Arizona softball team started 6 guys cause there was no baseball program at their school.

I am with you VolGen, Title IX goes both ways. My senior year of high school the volleyball coach asked me to come play with the team. I tried to get my football coach to go for it, but he didn't, so I didn't get to play. I don't see anything wrong with it. I remember a few years back an Arizona softball team started 6 guys cause there was no baseball program at their school.

Gender identity issues?

What high school male athletic enough to make the team would expose himself to ruthless ridicule by seriously trying out for a girl's team?

As a general rule, males are athletically superior to females. The purpose of women's teams is so that women can compete with their athletic equals. If a woman is talented enough to legitimately earn a place on a men's team, so be it. Men attempting to compete on women's teams serves absolutely no purpose other than some silly protest against Title IX.

I`m not talking about just one guy, but a whole team of them. You think I`m joking, but if this ever got taken to court they would have to let them play.

I don`t think you realize some of the problems that Title IX has caused all in the effort "to make things equal".

I`m not talking about just one guy, but a whole team of them. You think I`m joking, but if this ever got taken to court they would have to let them play.

I don`t think you realize some of the problems that Title IX has caused all in the effort "to make things equal".

Perhaps you'd care to elaborate on these problems?

I agree VG about equality and all that. But, unfortunately, it does not always exist. For instance, at our local high schools the girls softball fields did not have lights. Some bright moron said that if all the girls' fields didn't have lights, none of them could have them. When the girls had a home game it had to be played right after school so as to not run out of daylight. The boys' fields had lights from day one. Just last year all the girls' fields got lights. Ridiculous!

Now, what gripes me about Title IX is that a lot of men's sports are being done away with in the name of "equality". Makes me sick! To my understanding, I don't think they even count Cheerleading as a sport, nor the dance teams at college level. That sure might help some if those were reclassified as sports so great sports like wrestling wouldn't have to disband because of Title IX. I heard somewhere, not 100% sure that it is true, that the UCLA gymnastics team disbanded because of it. I believe that some of our Olympic gymnasts came from UCLA. This is just plain ridiculous! Leave it to politicians and these idiotic politically correct people to screw it up for everyone else!

Perhaps you'd care to elaborate on these problems?

Okay here is one example. There was a boys baseball team that raised money to put a net over the bleachers to protect fans. BUT..when they went to put it in they were told they couldn`t BECAUSE the softball team didn`t have one. That my friend was a direct result of title IX. The end result is that the baseball team was forced to rasie money for a net on the softball field just so they could install theirs.

Title IX had some good intentions but it has also caused a lot of problems. And yeah I do hope that at some school there will be a group of guys that will band together and try out for the volleyball team. Under TitleIX they have EVERY right to do so.

Now... do you care to tell me why guys shouldn`t be allowed to try out for a volleyball team???

Edited by VolunteerGeneral

Okay here is one example. There was a boys baseball team that raised money to put a net over the bleachers to protect fans. BUT..when they went to put it in they were told they couldn`t BECAUSE the softball team didn`t have one. That my friend was a direct result of title IX. The end result is that the baseball team was forced to rasie money for a net on the softball field just so they could install theirs.

Title IX had some good intentions but it has also caused a lot of problems. And yeah I do hope that at some school there will be a group of guys that will band together and try out for the volleyball team. Under TitleIX they have EVERY right to do so.

Now... do you care to tell me why guys shouldn`t be allowed to try out for a volleyball team???

That depends on what other athletic opportunities are available. Title IX only requires equal opportunities, not equal sports.

And by the way, I do agree with you that cheerleading should be considered a sport. There are competitions that are judged, and the training is very similar to gymnastic training.

And as for the baseball team's netting, if it is not paid for be the school, then it should not be covered under Title IX. They should have contacted an attorney.