Brighton vs Henry County (Predictions)

cardinal54

Big win Pats. Lot's of yards on the ground tonight. Defense did a great job keeping the Brighton speed out of the end zone. Lot's of guys stepped it up on D. Special teams TD was sweet. Answering Brighton second TD was also sweet. Henry County's 34 did not run the ball like a 15 year old, he was a load tonight.

Brighton QB is a very good player but HC just kept the pressure on all night.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can say was great game Patriots! You played very, very tough D. They had some momentum in the 3rd qt with the onside, came up with 12 points and they were making short passes inside our corners. But, once again we came up with an answer and shut it down. I think #57 was the main one for taking their QB Glass from being too much of a factor. He took an ENORMOUS hit from either 57 or 6 and didn't come back in the game.

Way to go Big Red!!! Undefeated in the Region!!! Let's take it to Liberty next week and prove to the Jackson teams we are here to stay!!!

Final Score:

HC - 30

Brighton - 12

Roll Red Roll!!!

Okay prophet..if you want to bring last years JCM-HC game into this let me add that JCM beat Henry County last year. Yet I would not dare have the audacity to come on here and say The Cougars handed you guys your butts. It was a good hard fought game between both teams. Even if there was a missed call on Borner`s run you are comparing apples and oranges. Even by your own example of "if 150 were legitimate and 120 were not" 120 yards is more than enough to stop a drive. These kids were not stupid. They adjust to whatever is being called however the flags just kept coming. Unless you have seen a game with 270 yards in penalties called against a team, you have know idea what that is like. The previous week JCM had ariound 100 yards of penalties called against them at Germantown. That is way too many for one team to commit. A lot of those were obvious offside calls. The week after brighton JCM had around 60 yards against them at Haywood. that`s the kind of improvement you`d like to see after having the 100 yard game. But 270? Had Henry County lost to JCM last year by the same score and had 270 yards of penalties called against them, I would have been embarassed to even call it a JCM victory. In fact, since I`m o the field and hold chains I would have been apologizing to every HC player and coach I could have gotten to. No team and I repeat no team commits 270 yards in penalties in a game.

I`ll just leave it like this..you were not at the Brighton JCM game last year so that makes you no authority on what happened on that night in Brighton TN.

My apologies to everyone else. Unlike the Yanker this game still leaves a sore spot in my heart. It wasn`t so much as for all the penalties as it was to find out that they were called by someone who also made racial slurs during the game. I`ll never forget after the game and seeing my son, who was a captain and talked quite frequently with the refs that game, and the first thing that he talked about was the racial slur. He was embarassed for his teammates and I could see it in his face that he was genuinely hurt by the refs remark. He was not brought up to hate and couldn`t believe someone could make a remark like that about his friends and teamates.

So prophet you go ahead and believe what you may about JCM getting it handed to them by Brighton. You can call me a whiner all you want too. I`m just reporting what happened at the game. I was there and you weren`t.

Way to go Patriots, awesome performance, I think my prediction was something like 31- 14, no Yanker I am not a genius, just a litlle prophetic, As how about the demise, how is that thing going. Right on schedule, a tough SS on the dockett next

VG I feel your pain, i really do, officiating was terrible tonight at Patriot stadium starting with the first kick off when a Brighton player called a fair catch fumble it we recovered and they keep the ball. Absolutely terrible!, these racial slurs you speak of, about what race were they, I am not sure what race player that JCM has that Brighton does not have. I amjust telling you that mistakes are made in every game, and in my opinion, officials are terrible. But tell me how officials making 47 bad calls and costs a team a game is any worse than an official making one bad call and costing a team a ball game. Well call it audacity if you will and I have heard over and over how JCM beat us last lyear, it happened and there is nothing that anyone can do to change it.

Yanker, I heard Hoggsett, got hurt and missed some plays and was gimpy, acoording to many of your statements about McNairl last year, that would make Hogsett not the TOUGHEST player in the region, NO that is not me saying that, it is what you said. I know he is tough and so do you, but how can you ever say that again, after the repeated comments about toughness and McNairl going down in last years game. I knew when you made those comments, it would bite you in the ###### someday. My point is this, When you think that toughness is measured by whether or not someone gets injured, well, be careful not to zip it up. Yes I am gloating, but I hate that Hoggsett is injured and I unlike you knows he is a tough kid. How serious is it, you will probably need him to beat SS next week.

I am a football purist and I know that all these young men playing the game and taking the hits that McNairl, Hoggsett, and many other of the leaders on all these teams are tough, and it irritated the crap out of me when YOU Yanker questioned that about McNairl. As a Friend of mine once told me, put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Way to go Patriots, awesome performance, I think my prediction was something like 31- 14, no Yanker I am not a genius, just a litlle prophetic, As how about the demise, how is that thing going. Right on schedule, a tough SS on the dockett next

VG I feel your pain, i really do, officiating was terrible tonight at Patriot stadium starting with the first kick off when a Brighton player called a fair catch fumble it we recovered and they keep the ball. Absolutely terrible!, these racial slurs you speak of, about what race were they, I am not sure what race player that JCM has that Brighton does not have. I amjust telling you that mistakes are made in every game, and in my opinion, officials are terrible. But tell me how officials making 47 bad calls and costs a team a game is any worse than an official making one bad call and costing a team a ball game. Well call it audacity if you will and I have heard over and over how JCM beat us last lyear, it happened and there is nothing that anyone can do to change it.

Yanker, I heard Hoggsett, got hurt and missed some plays and was gimpy, acoording to many of your statements about McNairl last year, that would make Hogsett not the TOUGHEST player in the region, NO that is not me saying that, it is what you said. I know he is tough and so do you, but how can you ever say that again, after the repeated comments about toughness and McNairl going down in last years game. I knew when you made those comments, it would bite you in the ###### someday. My point is this, When you think that toughness is measured by whether or not someone gets injured, well, be careful not to zip it up. Yes I am gloating, but I hate that Hoggsett is injured and I unlike you knows he is a tough kid. How serious is it, you will probably need him to beat SS next week.

I am a football purist and I know that all these young men playing the game and taking the hits that McNairl, Hoggsett, and many other of the leaders on all these teams are tough, and it irritated the crap out of me when YOU Yanker questioned that about McNairl. As a Friend of mine once told me, put that in your pipe and smoke it.

jcm lost :thumb: where u at yanker

prophet...before you gloat too much Hogsett went down with what appeared to be a knee injury by the way that he was holding it. e had to come out for one play because time was called. On the next play he started to limp back on the field yelling for his repacement to come back out of the game.I saw Coach Hampton motion for him to get back, but Hogsett just shook his head and continued back on the field in obvious pain because that`s his defense out there and he`s the leader and he had a job to do. You could tell he was slowed by the injury, but there was no way he was gonna come back out. He`s as tough as any football player I`ve ever watched in high school.

prophet...before you gloat too much Hogsett went down with what appeared to be a knee injury by the way that he was holding it. e had to come out for one play because time was called. On the next play he started to limp back on the field yelling for his repacement to come back out of the game.I saw Coach Hampton motion for him to get back, but Hogsett just shook his head and continued back on the field in obvious pain because that`s his defense out there and he`s the leader and he had a job to do. You could tell he was slowed by the injury, but there was no way he was gonna come back out. He`s as tough as any football player I`ve ever watched in high school.

VG, you did not read my post, I know Hogsett is tough, and so do you, but it is the Yanker that talks so poorly about injuries, not me. I hate it when any of these fine young men get hurt play the best game in the world

It was not a knee injury. It was a hamstring injury. And quit making excuses, they ran right over the top off him and were doing it even before that happened. Heck, it would have been even worse if Munford didn't totally self destruct on one drive by jumping offsides 3 times plus give up an 80 yard kickoff return.

Edited by ftblcoachJC