Volek to be Traded?

ESPN just reported that the Titans are likely going to trade Volek to the Chargers after the game this weekend. I guess he should just bring all of his stuff on this trip.

What did Volek do or not do that caused his stock to drop so much with the Titans? He went into the season and all through camp as the starter, and then its just like they lost faith in him. The guy may never be more than a decent back up, but I think he deserved the chance to start on a team thats going nowhere and didnt have much around him to start with.

Or maybe I just think Collins is a joke.

ESPN just reported that the Titans are likely going to trade Volek to the Chargers after the game this weekend. I guess he should just bring all of his stuff on this trip.

What did Volek do or not do that caused his stock to drop so much with the Titans? He went into the season and all through camp as the starter, and then its just like they lost faith in him. The guy may never be more than a decent back up, but I think he deserved the chance to start on a team thats going nowhere and didnt have much around him to start with.

Or maybe I just think Collins is a joke.

They have been reporting this for a few days that it was likely but now it seems concrete. To answer your questions I'll start with Volek. What he did to drop him from the starting position was his arm strength. He had a very good arm before his injury. Now it's mediocre. He cannot truly spread the defense out with his arm right now or maybe never. This, by the way, also answers the Collins question. Cary can still launch the deep ball and hit his targets with reasonable accuracy. He is also a "NORM CHOW" QB. In other words, he can make the type of plays that Norm draws up better than Volek. This does not mean Billy can't survive. It just means that new cards hit the table that the Titans decided would make a better hand than the one they had. That's what they believe anyways. Time will tell but we all know this team has more problems than at QB. Stay tuned, there's more controversies to come and they'll be much worse than how this played out. Mark my words. <_<

Stay tuned, there's more controversies to come and they'll be much worse than how this played out. Mark my words. <_<

I'd say thats a safe bet. I've never seen a team fall so hard and fast. I guess all the problems might be magnified to us because this is the in-state team, but man they look pittyful from top to bottom right now.

I'd say thats a safe bet. I've never seen a team fall so hard and fast. I guess all the problems might be magnified to us because this is the in-state team, but man they look pittyful from top to bottom right now.

Here's a list of several problems I see with this team.

1. Did anyone else notice how slow they looked yesterday? The entire team looked like they were in slow motion compared to San Deigo. I don't know if I have ever seen a NFL team look that slow.

2. I don't know if Norm Chow is NFL coordinator material or not.

3. The secondary is horrible. Love him or hate him, other teams at least respect PacMan on the field and never throw his way. Woolfolk and Hill are horrible and continually get picked on.

4. I'm not sold that VY will ever be as great as everyone thinks.

5. I really don't know if Bud Adams cares if this team is a winner or not. He got his marketable QB that he can sell merchandise with (although many in the front office wanted others), and apparently no matter how bad they are, he's still going to sell out every game at Adelphia. There's really no incentive to kill himself to build a winner when the cash is coming in anyway. If it happens, then good, but if not, then he's making just as much $$$$$ anyway.

I probably ended up watching more NFL games yesterday than I have in 3 years. I just sat there and laughed. The quality of the games is average at best, but props to the NFL marketing dept for taking a average product and making it seem like it is top-notch and can't live without.

Volek could have and should have been traded last week. If that had happened maybe San Diego would have had mercy on them and not ran up the score. I don't blame Volek for asking to be traded, I wouldn't want to be associated with a bunch of clowns like the Titans. It is pitiful to know the abilities of these guys but like Solomon posted they looked as if they were in slow motion all game.

Here's a list of several problems I see with this team.

5. I really don't know if Bud Adams cares if this team is a winner or not. He got his marketable QB that he can sell merchandise with (although many in the front office wanted others), and apparently no matter how bad they are, he's still going to sell out every game at Adelphia. There's really no incentive to kill himself to build a winner when the cash is coming in anyway. If it happens, then good, but if not, then he's making just as much $$$$$ anyway.

Thats the biggest one right there. No matter what product Bud Adams puts out there, he's going to sell out games and make a ton on merchandise.

Right on the head Sol, about the most dramatic saga of a back-up QB.

My chief concern with the Titans right now is about Norm Chow. Chow as in defenses yelling "Chow Time" when the Titans have the ball.

There are numerous examples of college geniuses not making it on the professional level. I know for a FACT that Chow struggled mightly last year to adapt to the pace and play of the NFL. Not putting up any points in the first three quarters of both of the games, the inability to run the ball at all, the lack of "what are they trying to accomplish" has left this team unable to score.

Compound the fact that Collins is doing OJT, VY is still just learning, and the O-line is featuring two to three guys who are raw, and the rest over the hill, then you've got a recipe for real problems.

I would really love to know more of the inside story-I know it won't be pretty.

I think Chow is the petulant problem, and the Titans made Volek the scapegoat to appease him. That situation is not just unique to the Titans,(heck, you could point to about two dozen other incidents in the NFL) but it IS the team we follow closest.

Guest dare_2_dream

The closest thing the Titans will see to a Super Bowl for along time will be in Nashville this weekend and that will be the Dallas Cowboys! :thumb:

I agree. The Cowboys will murder the poor Titans.

All right, I'll be the idiot who predicts it, Titans stun the Cowboys this week. Don't have a good reason except that they looked much better yesterday, expecially Collins, and the game is at home. Cowboys get caught looking towards the T.O. Bowl in Philly the next next week and the hype about that ends up being a distraction.