battle of the unbeatens giles and ensworth

coltsfan18

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who will win

GC is coming off a win against Spring Hill to play the private school out of Nashville, Ensworth who's is also 4-0. Ensworth has a good running back and their offensive line, although being small, does a really good job doing the really precise things right on offense. I don't think Ensworth has ever played a team like Giles County before. GC has a smashmouth defense and a high octane offense that is hard to defend because of all their different formations and looks. The defense has really stepped up in recent games and will lay the wood to you if they get the chance. It should be a rememberable experience when the Tigers come down to Pulaski to play the Bobcats at The Brickyard. :D

GO GC!

Giles Co. by 3TD's if Edgmon is healthy and playing.

Giles Co. by 1TD if Edgmon is playing at like 50% or if their coaching staff holds him out of this one and rests him for the second half region run.

Giles Co. will be a playoff team at the end of the year no question about it HOWEVER they must have a healthy Sam Edgmon on the field if they want to have a shot at beating Lipscomb and winning the region title or making any kind of noise in the playoffs. Fayette Ware and Jackson South Side look awfully tough this year. With Edgmon on the field Giles is a different team and they are almost impossible to stop offensively.

I'm picking Ensworth here.

BGA is not quite there. This year appears to be a little rough, but I think the new coach has them on the right track.

Right track? 4-0 to me is not the right track. Ensworth has a great running back in number 2. They have a good zone blocking offensive line. I just don't see how Ensworth, having never played a public school before, can step it up and play wiht the intensity they need to beat an undefeated Giles County football team. I'm not downing them, they just have to show me something. It's private vs. public on friday night in Pulaski. :rolleyes:

I'm picking Ensworth here.

BGA is not quite there. This year appears to be a little rough, but I think the new coach has them on the right track.

I understand that Ensworth might have the one of the best running backs in the state, who often playing the quarterback position also. If true, he will really test the Giles County defense. And too, Enworth defensive front has completely shutdown every offense line that they have faced all year. Giles County better bring it's A-game.

I understand that Ensworth might have the one of the best running backs in the state, who often playing the quarterback position also. If true, he will really test the Giles County defense. And too, Enworth defensive front has completely shutdown every offense line that they have faced all year. Giles County better bring it's A-game.

If Ensworth's defense is able to shutdown the Giles offense then I would be shocked. Dunnavant, Edgmon, Perez, Cobb, and Pettus can all kill your defense and they have a physical offensive line. Defensively they swarm to the football very well. I see Giles hosting a home playoff game at Sam Davis Park in Pulaski when the playoffs open this year. Whether it's as a #1 seed or a #2 seed remains to be seen. The game between the Bobcats and David Lipscomb in week eight will be huge.

If Ensworth's defense is able to shutdown the Giles offense then I would be shocked. Dunnavant, Edgmon, Perez, Cobb, and Pettus can all kill your defense and they have a physical offensive line. Defensively they swarm to the football very well. I see Giles hosting a home playoff game at Sam Davis Park in Pulaski when the playoffs open this year. Whether it's as a #1 seed or a #2 seed remains to be seen. The game between the Bobcats and David Lipscomb in week eight will be huge.

Thanks to Big Country. I guess he is one of the few who doesn't doubt Giles County's abilities. Ensworth has a great offense, anyone who's seen them play knows that. We have to step up the defense to shut down number 2's running game. We have full confidense in our coaches to get us prepared to play anyone in the state. If we come out and execute on defense and offense, we ought to be able to march it up and down the football field. Ensworth better be prapared to play a 4 quarter football game. All in all, on saturday morning you're going to know you've played Giles County.

Let's go GC.

Giles and others better beat Ensworth now. They won't be able to when they get their program established. They will be a future powerhouse and will win multiple state championships. And they will drain oodles of talent away from the other Nashville privates. Already are.

And I think Ricky Bowers and George Quarles are the two best football coaches in Tennessee.

City beats country in this "battle of the unbeatens."

Shocks the bigones experts too.

Giles and others better beat Ensworth now. They won't be able to when they get their program established. They will be a future powerhouse and will win multiple state championships. And they will drain oodles of talent away from the other Nashville privates. Already are.

And I think Ricky Bowers and George Quarles are the two best football coaches in Tennessee.

City beats country in this "battle of the unbeatens."

Shocks the bigones experts too.

County wins physical game over city, dominating 4th quarter . . . . Giles 28 - 21.

P.S. - - Giles does not have to worry about Ensworth getting their program going - - - - Tonight was Giles County's stand. Ensworth can now concentrate the other D-II institutions . . . and you're correct . . . they will be a future power house. Good game Giles and Ensworth.