REGION 7-3A PREVIEW

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to let you obion county guys know how impressed i was with your guys last week. To lose logan parker and still come out and beat a very talented dyer co team which i believe to be on the rise in this region says a lot about your players and coaches. The Rebs made a big move to put themselves in position for a postseason berth, and if they can win one more region game as i have it figured a playoff appearance will almost be a certainty. Good luck!

For my picks...

Covington 24, Munford 14-Munford won't be a pushover, but covington is always strong and munford looks too inconsistent.

Haywood 30, Fayette-Ware 28-The Cats have to bounce of the mat at some point don't they??? I thought with witherspoon and the size and speed stowe's boys always possess, this team would be an easy playoff pick. I think this may be the week they turn it around. However, if FW wins, i will finally be convinced that they are absolutely positively for real.

Crockett Co. 35, Bolivar 7-We always seem to play bolivar after a big game, we always have a little hangover, they always play us tough for a half, the coaches always pitch a fit at halftime, and then we always pull away. No difference in '06. The score has been in this vicinity for at least the past four years, and despite the predictable dyersburg hangover, it will be again. Credit bolivar for improving though. The Hardin Co. win looks much better after the tigers took down north side last friday.

Obion Central 21, Union City 14-The Rebels will play tough at home and grind out another one. Sounds like you guys are big rivals and this one shoud be great. If gas weren't still so expensive i might have to come see for myself!

Trenton Peabody 27. Dyer Co. 17-Kendal Harper is one of the elite young qbs in west tn from all i've heard, and you can bet former CC assistant and Gibson Co. head man Doug Argo, now the trenton offensive coordinator, knows exactly what to do with him. The tide have to be stinging from the ot loss last week. As talented as andre flowers is, and he is BIGTIME talented, his supporting cast isn't strong enough to win it.

Dyersburg-You guys have a great, great, great team. Fighting from behind and scaring the entire CC crowd to death is something that earned you guys a lot of respect from our side. Caldwell is one of the quickest guys i have ever seen at this level, and taylor is a good quarterback. I wish ya'll all the success in the world, but i must say that i hope we DO NOT meet ya'll again in the playoffs cause ya'll are certainly very talented and dangerous. By the way, what is the injury news? I saw elam and one of the o-line prospects both go off at one point and hope its not serious.

Good luck to all region teams! Lets keep our stellar record going!

i think elam is going to be fine. if im not mistaken he did return to the game friday night. however, junior tyler childress chipped a bone in his ankle and will be out 3 to 6 weeks!

RESULTS FROM 9-22-06 IN 7-3A......

Crockett County-47

Bolivar-6

Obion Co. Central-46

Union City-7

Fayette-Ware-18

Haywood County-16

Ripley-21

Treadwell-0

Trenton Peabody-27

Dyer County-0

Covington-25

Munford-7

CURRENT STANDINGS IN 7-3A....

Crockett County.........2-0.....5-0

Covington..................1-0.....5-0

Dyersburg.................1-1.....4-1

Obion County.............1-1.....4-1

Dyer County..............1-1.....3-2

Ripley........................0-1.....4-1

Haywood County........0-2.....1-5

GAMES FOR 9-29-06

Obion Co. Central @ Covington Chargers

Crockett Co. @ Ripley

Dyer County @ Dyersburg

Haywood Co. has an open date

Dyer County becomes the first team other than Haywood Co to lose a game outside of region play....

Region 7-3A record outside of region play.....19-4

Region 7-3A teams total overall record.....26-10

Edited by backinthaoc