Rhea County at McMinn

sportsfan23

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well goldenbird you usually play teams you can beat for homecoming and i think Mcminn can beat Rhea.Rhea has no offense really and usually bad play calling also from what i have seen.

I don't really know how to respond to that statement. "From what I have seen", all I know is that apparently you haven't seen very much. After an off game at Ooltewah, the offense is averaging around 28 points per game. That number would be much more impressive if not for some dumb offensive penalties and a few dropped passes. Don't doubt the Rhea offense-- Pritchett and Wilson can get it done.

Here we go again with another week of hopeing that mcminn will win a game. I guess that the coaches that read this stuff will again blame the players and the mistakes that they are makeing instead of blameing themselves for this team not having any discipiline. It started in the first game with penalities and has continued the last three weeks with turnovers. Look in the mirror guys and ask yourself am I doing all I can do to make this team better or am I doing it for me and the attention it brings to me. There is no excuse why this team cannot win.

The most revelaing statement of all is in todays daily post athenian when head coach daugherty says "atleast we have been competitive and have had a chance to win" well bull hockey that sounds like an excuse to me for somebodys lack of coaching and ability to lead. This county will not stand for losing and will not accept these types of comments as a reason why we are not winning football games. We hope you are "competitive and have a chance to win" againist rhea county this week.

Just curious as to this statement "This county will not stand for losing and will not accept these types of comments as a reason why we are not winning football games. " When was the last time McMinn County has fired a coach in any sport? I bet it has been over 20 years.

You are correct about that johnnyboy but football is the big draw when it comes to sports at mcminn and there will be a change unless this team somehow wins the rest of these games and finishes 7 and 3. Remember back before mullinax we had lloyd and he got sacked because he could not win and we brought back mullinax and he brought this program back.

You do have a good point because this administration will stand for .500 or less as long as the teams are competitive just look at the boys basketball for the last 10 or so years. But football is what drives the athletic department from a financial standpoint and as we all know it is struggling so I must believe that all of the other sports are having their budgets cut because football is not winning and in turn is not filling the stands and in turn fewer bucks are coming into the school. The bottom line is if you are the head football coach you can be the best teacher and the nicest guy in the world but you do not win then a change must occur. Maybe it is to early to talk about a coaching change but why not. By the way why are we throwing a pass when it is 4th and inches, sounds like despiration to me and what kind of a signal does that send to your team especially your lineman and backs.

You are correct about that johnnyboy but football is the big draw when it comes to sports at mcminn and there will be a change unless this team somehow wins the rest of these games and finishes 7 and 3. Remember back before mullinax we had lloyd and he got sacked because he could not win and we brought back mullinax and he brought this program back.

You do have a good point because this administration will stand for .500 or less as long as the teams are competitive just look at the boys basketball for the last 10 or so years. But football is what drives the athletic department from a financial standpoint and as we all know it is struggling so I must believe that all of the other sports are having their budgets cut because football is not winning and in turn is not filling the stands and in turn fewer bucks are coming into the school. The bottom line is if you are the head football coach you can be the best teacher and the nicest guy in the world but you do not win then a change must occur. Maybe it is to early to talk about a coaching change but why not. By the way why are we throwing a pass when it is 4th and inches, sounds like despiration to me and what kind of a signal does that send to your team especially your lineman and backs.

Every team has down years. I really have no idea what Mcminn's situation is, but good Lord, there is a reason why coaches are coaches and fans are fans. That is beacuse they know more about football than we do. Over the past 2 years Rhea County was .500 team with Hamontree, one of the best coaches in this area. So you can't blame it all on the coaches, talent level has something to to do with it..Also LUCK. Mcminn has played 3 tough teams, and they will play their fourth on Friday night. We'll see what happens..I hope the players all have the same mindset as you do, if so, it should be an easy game.